watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"I didn't see it coming"

Started by Keefy, February 18, 2020, 12:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Ancient wisdom says there is nothing new under a sun. Einstein did say that if you cannot explain something to a six year old then you don't understand it yourself. Those two simple axioms suggest Friday night will be the familiar atypical event that Parker will not be able to explain to any of us although he may claim to have seen it coming.   

My personal hope is that Parker selects a proper team and we play like a proper team for ninety minutes, win, lose or draw. It'll be a first this season which may signify something happened to Parker on the road to Derby.  It may be too little too late but at least we will know the penny has dropped.

bobbo

Quote from: Keefy on February 18, 2020, 10:41:26 PM
Sting, the tone of your latest message epitomizes  what is good about this wonderful club of ours. We don't all agree all of the time but we don't need to abuse each other for having different opinions. Ultimately we all want the same things, success, entertainment in a friendly environment. Bless you all
👍 Well said my thoughts precisely . KEEFY  your comment is a breath of fresh air.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

snarks

I have to say I didn't see it coming, I seem to recall the mark of a good team is supposed to be playing badly and winning, whilst we were not playing badly we were not playing well but still winning. I thought we were more likely to play a whole game like the first 30 minutes against Huddersfield than we did on Saturday.

I thought we had been better with a front 3 of Cav, Mitro and BDR, I was disappointed with the change, and with Sess rather than Denis as I think that upsets the balance when Knocky plays in front of him. Still hopefully that was the final blip over and done with.

Bill2

Before we all start to panic if people cut their minds back to our promotion year in 2000 only 1 team did the double on us, Oldham and where were they, bottom of the table. They got relegated we got promoted. I will admit I think we had a better team compared to the rest of the division then, but.
It just goes to show that s*** happens and it doesn't mean that our season is falling around our ears,

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on February 19, 2020, 08:09:25 AM
Ancient wisdom says there is nothing new under a sun. Einstein did say that if you cannot explain something to a six year old then you don't understand it yourself. Those two simple axioms suggest Friday night will be the familiar atypical event that Parker will not be able to explain to any of us although he may claim to have seen it coming.   

My personal hope is that Parker selects a proper team and we play like a proper team for ninety minutes, win, lose or draw. It'll be a first this season which may signify something happened to Parker on the road to Derby.  It may be too little too late but at least we will know the penny has dropped.
I think about the comment "hope is that Parker selects a proper team" the thing is what is a proper team, I was looking at some posts on another Fulham site, and there were half a dozen posts saying he selected the wrong players, they then gave their selections and not one of the 6 teams were the same.
Whatever team Parker or A.N.Other selects there will always someone on here saying he selected the wrong players.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Keefy on February 18, 2020, 08:36:39 PM
Thank you for all your kind wishes. Fulham supporters are a special group of people. I'm managing quite well however I will miss our next two home games as I am visiting a dear friend in France known to many of you as French Connection or Silver Fox and whose spiritual home is the Hammy End. Brian has been fighting aggressive cancer, showing an astonishing inner strength and tenacity......a true inspiration .
Have a good trip Keefy and best wishes to you and Brian.

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on February 19, 2020, 01:23:28 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 19, 2020, 08:09:25 AM

I think about the comment "hope is that Parker selects a proper team" the thing is what is a proper team, I was looking at some posts on another Fulham site, and there were half a dozen posts saying he selected the wrong players, they then gave their selections and not one of the 6 teams were the same.
Whatever team Parker or A.N.Other selects there will always someone on here saying he selected the wrong players.

Agree with your last comment because there is always one.  However, my simple definition of a proper team is one that works as a footballing unit and plays well even if it loses points.  Haven't seen a proper team playing for FFC since a certain Serbian professional received his marching orders, sadly.

filham

Perhaps at 8-20pm tonight if we see Parker's pre match interview we may think the time and date is an omen:-
Time 20-20
Date 20-02-2020
Problem is I don't think we can keep the score down to 0-2