watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pretty disrespectful

Started by bobbo, February 16, 2020, 06:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Barnsley fans chanting their hearts out during the minute's clapping for Jimmy Conway. Oiks.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Whitestone

I thought that too. Disrespectful.

Andy S

We should have had a minutes silence. They would have looked what they were then.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Andy S on February 16, 2020, 08:59:28 PM
We should have had a minutes silence. They would have looked what they were then.
Good point.
I think at games home teams go for the applause because it maintains the atmosphere, where as a minute's silence can dampen things down a bit.

Bill2

From my view point in H1 was a lot of them joined in the applause.
Couldn't hear any chanting.

South Coast White

Agree from H3 I noticed a lot of applause.

filham

I didn't hear any disruption from the Barnsley fans during the Jimmy Conway minute.

However I did hear the "Can we play you every week" chant when they were three up and saw exactly where they were coming from.

Fulham 442

Quote from: filham on February 17, 2020, 12:11:06 PM

I didn't hear any disruption from the Barnsley fans during the Jimmy Conway minute.

However I did hear the "Can we play you every week" chant when they were three up and saw exactly where they were coming from.
Me too,  for both

Bill2

We have made the same comments when playing teams, standard banter.

SP

I don't know what happened Saturday but it could be fans still drinking on the concourse & unaware?

filham

Quote from: Bill2 on February 17, 2020, 06:39:33 PM

We have made the same comments when playing teams, standard banter.
Yes I know it is standard banter and we have all heard it before but never before has it sounded so meaningful.

Whitestone

It was Barnsley fans in the Barnsley end. Clearly not all of them but a significant number for it to be heard, maybe not at the Hammy End though.