watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ream and the first two goals yesterday

Started by Dodger53, February 16, 2020, 07:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger53

Watching the 'highlights' yesterday Ream seemed partially responsible for both of the first two goals. He created the confusion that resulted in the penalty and when rodak rushed out for the second he ran into him.

SP

I actually felt like crying during the game, I can't bring myself to watch the 'highlights'.

Matt10

Quote from: Dodger53 on February 16, 2020, 07:09:25 PM
Watching the 'highlights' yesterday Ream seemed partially responsible for both of the first two goals. He created the confusion that resulted in the penalty and when rodak rushed out for the second he ran into him.

Ream was literally running to cover the angle and beat their player, and Rodak comes out of no where to run into him. I'm sure he was just as bewildered as anyone for his keeper to come out that far because he had no business being there in the first place.

Denver Fulham

Both goals were 100% Rodak's fault. He made a schoolboy physical error for the first and a comparable mental error for the second. It happens. Why the need to look for additional culprits all the time?

filham

Lets not worry about Rodak's mistakes they are very unlikely to happen at Derby on Friday, concentrate on our inability to to score a goal, that could well be repeated.

Statto

Ream was certainly out-paced by, or slower to react than, the attacker for the penalty incident and second goal. Rodak then dealt with the situation poorly both times, but the reason he came out was probably because he's conscious of Ream's total lack of agility and has no confidence in him. Can't blame Ream entirely but had it been Hector or Odoi in that position, you have to say in all likelihood neither goal would have happened.   

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on February 16, 2020, 09:20:19 PM
Ream was certainly out-paced by, or slower to react than, the attacker for the penalty incident and second goal. Rodak then dealt with the situation poorly both times, but the reason he came out was probably because he's conscious of Ream's total lack of agility and has no confidence in him. Can't blame Ream entirely but had it been Hector or Odoi in that position, you have to say in all likelihood neither goal would have happened.

Get off your soap box Statto! Rodak has had a terrific season but made a couple of poor decisions and that's the end of the explanation. You trying to attribute his decision making onto a player you don't fancy is at best laughable because you have no way of knowing what he was thinking. Rodak is young and will make errors of exuberance. Hopefully he learns from them and we move on.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Statto

Quote from: BarryP on February 16, 2020, 10:04:23 PM

Get off your soap box Statto! Rodak has had a terrific season but made a couple of poor decisions and that's the end of the explanation. You trying to attribute his decision making onto a player you don't fancy is at best laughable because you have no way of knowing what he was thinking. Rodak is young and will make errors of exuberance. Hopefully he learns from them and we move on.

You're right Barry. It was wildly speculative for me to suggest that the keeper's decision to rush out was in any way connected to the fact that the last defender had been beaten for pace by the attacker. No connection at all between those two things.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I knew that Ream would be drawn into this somehow!

Dodger53

During the penalty goal Ream actually thinks Rodak has caught the ball. He is probably the reason rodak doesn't get sent off but he is actually facing the wrong way unaware of what actually happens when he runs between rodak and their forward.

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on February 16, 2020, 10:31:25 PM
Quote from: BarryP on February 16, 2020, 10:04:23 PM

You're right Barry. It was wildly speculative for me to suggest that the keeper's decision to rush out was in any way connected to the fact that the last defender had been beaten for pace by the attacker. No connection at all between those two things.

You're entitled to your opinion that the last defender was beaten for pace but you didn't stop there did you? No, you also stated part of Rodak's decision to come out was that he has no confidence in Ream and that the goals wouldn't have happened if it had been Hector or Odoi who had been beaten for pace and that is pure, unadulterated speculation.

As to the OP's assertion that Ream interfered with Rodak on the first goal I honestly can't tell but Ream was able to get back between the attacker and the goal prior to Rodak getting there. Did Rodak call him off and Ream was trying to clear out of the way or was there a lack of communication between the two? I have no idea and as was stated Ream could be at least partially responsible.

The second goal however is on Rodak in my opinion. The play was happening outside and to the right of the box and Ream was clearly pretty much running side by side with the attacker on goal side and Rodak made a poor decision. The only reason that ball goes in is because Rodak is out. If he stays back at best the attacker has an incredibly difficult shot.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

hovewhite

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 16, 2020, 10:32:49 PM
I knew that Ream would be drawn into this somehow!
doesn't take long for people to blame there scapegoats does it

Carborundum

At a loss to see how Ream was at fault for the first goal.  I'm not entirely convinced it was a foul at all. Far worse manhandling goes completely unpunished at most corner kicks.

But the second goal, well that struck me as down to Rodaks well-founded total lack of confidence in Ream winning his personal battle, which indeed he was comprehensively losing......forget what happened after the ball left the strikers boot.  Ream just isn't very good at bossing strikers.

FFCFOREVER

No - one player was to blame for Saturday's no show. They were all crap. End of.

General

Not blaming ream at all... he ushered the ball back to his keeper and was between his man and the ball all the way until it was in Rodak's arms.. Rodak lost concentration and lost the ball. That's Rodak's fault and it's not too much to expect a keeper at this level to be able to collect that ball.

Ream ushered the attacking player towards the corner and away from what should've been any reasonable danger with Hector making his way back. Rodak simply didn't need to be that far out and away from goal. His decision to come out was completely irrational given the situation and his decision to leave the goal by so much made lobbing him and scoring ten times easier.

Don't overanalyse a situation to cast blame widely - it solves nothing, especially when it's unjust.

clarkey

There is no way Ream was to blame. Rodak had a brain storm. Twice.

Ream and Hector have been really good recently. Keep faith. Odoi is good but Parker did not play him. Sess was miles off the mark. Josh was poor, Arter awful, Bryan terrible, Cairney useless, Cav ineffective, Mitro isolated and not trying, etc etc. They were really poor collectively and had no game plan, no fight and no team spirit.

Only one person to blame for that. The manager.

Jim©

I'd harshly put all 3 down to Rodak, which is a shame as he's been excellent thus far.
Just one of those days I'm afraid, but Ream shouldn't be blamed for any of the three IMO.