watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Possible alternatives to Parker

Started by Spirit of 2000, February 19, 2020, 08:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Allegri has been out of work a year almost. Offer him what he wants,  tactically anyone who's watched his teams know he's one of the best in the world. Offer him the FFC job now and I'm certain he'd get us up. Big wages offset by Premiership fortune.

alfie

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 19, 2020, 08:42:25 PM
Been out of work a year almost. Offer him what he wants,  tactically anyone who's watched his teams know he's one of the best in the world. Offer him the FFC job now and I'm certain he'd get us up. Big wages offset by Premiership fortune.
Why has he been out of work for almost a year?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: alfie on February 19, 2020, 09:20:44 PM
Been out of work a year almost. Offer him what he wants,  tactically anyone who's watched his teams know he's one of the best in the world. Offer him the FFC job now and I'm certain he'd get us up. Big wages offset by Premiership fortune.

Not asked him,  maybe not fancied what he's been offered, was superb at Juventus... a challenge in England and good wages may appeal

filham

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 19, 2020, 09:25:14 PM
Quote from: alfie on February 19, 2020, 09:20:44 PM

Not asked him,  maybe not fancied what he's been offered, was superb at Juventus... a challenge in England and good wages may appeal
What is his Championship experience.

ByTheRiver

Allegri is not coming to Fulham sadly. Though, obviously, I would support it wholeheartedly if it were to happen, if we flag down a cab and head to Reality Street, it's not.

I would imagine he will take over at Utd when they finally relieve Ole of a job that is too big for him. A similar situation there as with us really thinking about it. Always doing just enough to remain in the post, or make it difficult to be removed, whilst it being glaringly obvious that they are never going to be operating at the level required.

Spirit of 2000

Tigana, Ranieri, even Jol & Magath were all big names in the scheme of things also who thought we could sign EVDS? If you don't ask, you dont get, Allegri has been out of work close to a year, so why not try? Apparently we tried for Wenger, what's to stop us showing  ambition & why settle for mediocrity and the dull & inexperienced (and tactically naive) Parker?? Try Allegri,  try Benitez (championship experienced) ... so no not daft.

Bassey the warrior

Allegri is out of work because he wants a big job. Same with Poch. You have to be at least vaguely realistic, this is just silly.

Neil D

It would be somewhat churlish to sack Parker after getting us back to the PL.  I would like to see Allegri here (in principle) but we paid for our hubris in the summer of 2018 and a lesson should be learnt.

Dr Quinzel

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Barcelona or Man United. I like your gumption though!

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 19, 2020, 10:52:42 PM

Tigana, Ranieri, even Jol & Magath were all big names in the scheme of things also who thought we could sign EVDS? If you don't ask, you dont get, Allegri has been out of work close to a year, so why not try? Apparently we tried for Wenger, what's to stop us showing  ambition & why settle for mediocrity and the dull & inexperienced (and tactically naive) Parker?? Try Allegri,  try Benitez (championship experienced) ... so no not daft.

I wasn't having a dig, fella. Just being realistic. The names you mentioned above, whilst, yeah okay, they were relatively big names, hadn't just won four back-to-back doubles in one of Europe's top leagues.

He has been out of work for a year, solely as he is waiting for a big job (on the back of aforementioned recent/current achievements). Bigger than any other Italian club could offer which, to my mind, means he is probably looking at 8-10 clubs tops. Of which, as much as I wish they were, Fulham are probably not yet one of those.

Would 100% make a call/drop an email (however these things are initially started) to Benitez though. That would fall into the 'unlikely, but worth a pop' category. Allegri, at this current time, not.

Spirit of 2000

Well there you go ... Benitez then!

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Forever Fulham

"You don't ask, you don't get."   
Is there another league as exciting and with as many quality clubs as the Premier right now?
He'd be managing a club owned by a multi-billionaire.  A club that had been in that league for years and got back in it last season. 
A team that might be playing Liverpool next season.  (God, help us.)  In my mind, we have positional story to tell and sell. 
Why not Fulham, I say.  How's his English?

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 20, 2020, 08:40:15 PM
"You don't ask, you don't get."   
Is there another league as exciting and with as many quality clubs as the Premier right now?
He'd be managing a club owned by a multi-billionaire.  A club that had been in that league for years and got back in it last season. 
A team that might be playing Liverpool next season.  (God, help us.)  In my mind, we have positional story to tell and sell. 
Why not Fulham, I say.  How's his English?

I think Tony Khan should give Klopp a call. Try and tempt him. Maybe even with Pep as his assistant. The dream team.

Spirit of 2000

If people think Allegri or Benitez unrealistic then elsewhere I've suggested others who I genuinely believe to be upgrades on Parker. Sanchez Flores, Montella, Pellegrini, Hughton, Ainsworth, Gracia, Kovac. Its not as though alternatives aren't out there.

MikeTheCubed

Read his name as Allergi for a second.

Jim©

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 21, 2020, 07:48:56 AM
If people think Allegri or Benitez unrealistic then elsewhere I've suggested others who I genuinely believe to be upgrades on Parker. Sanchez Flores, Montella, Pellegrini, Hughton, Ainsworth, Gracia, Kovac. Its not as though alternatives aren't out there.

I genuinely believe that it would be de-stabilising and detrimental to our season to change manager now. We are in the mix, we have a chance and despite a horror show last saturday (mainly from Rodak), we are in third position. Changing now would be counter-productive IMO.
Sounds like Ranieri all over again, and those same people 6 months on wanting Slavisa back. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jim© on February 21, 2020, 11:08:29 AM

I genuinely believe that it would be de-stabilising and detrimental to our season to change manager now. We are in the mix, we have a chance and despite a horror show last saturday (mainly from Rodak), we are in third position. Changing now would be counter-productive IMO.
Sounds like Ranieri all over again, and those same people 6 months on wanting Slavisa back. 

Jim c The voice of reason and sanity on a forum
full of panic merchants and fickle people. I suppose it's Parker's fault Rodak had a poor game v Barnsley.  :doh:
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Jim© on February 21, 2020, 11:08:29 AM

It's by the by, but some of us never wanted Slavisa gone in the first place and made this quite clear at the time.

filham

Consult MAF to see how he found Roy.