more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone still willing to back Parker. Come on let’s have a laugh

Started by fulhamben, February 21, 2020, 09:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 21, 2020, 10:18:17 PM
He was given a season by the owners to get promotion....give him the season....he couldn't help the penalty decision....the ref was dying to give it

Forget the penalty. We should have lost that game by 3 or 4! Rodak made saves championship keepers don't make and kept us in it. Mitro scored from nothing and got us out of jail. A familiar situation. And you blame the penalty?!

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on February 21, 2020, 10:20:48 PM
The time to discuss manager is at the end of the season. Get off his back & support & encourage him & the team NOW.
exactly that, I will never forgive al fayed for sacking Sanchez mid season and brining in Roy. It's widely regarded that Sanchez wouldn't have bottled the europa final like Roy did
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jamie88

Quote from: grandad on February 21, 2020, 10:20:48 PM
The time to discuss manager is at the end of the season. Get off his back & support & encourage him & the team NOW.

Yes sir, as you wish sir.

colcliff

You say no one is asking for instant success but people are saying the only way to stay in the play offs or even automatic promotion is to sack the manager now Which seems to suggest that they wil be an instant success
Having worked in pro football for a few years  although it sometimes brings some euphoria and immediate success , and this is usually when the manager looses the changing room
Which Parker does not seem to have done and he seems to have the support of the players.
It can also bring uncertainty right through the playing and coaching staff
I just feel that unless the club
have a new manager in mind to replace Parker immediately then this would leave us with  possibly weeks of uncertainty at a time when we need consistency 

fulhamben

Quote from: colcliff on February 21, 2020, 10:34:15 PM
You say no one is asking for instant success but people are saying the only way to stay in the play offs or even automatic promotion is to sack the manager now Which seems to suggest that they wil be an instant success
Having worked in pro football for a few years  although it sometimes brings some euphoria and immediate success , and this is usually when the manager looses the changing room
Which Parker does not seem to have done and he seems to have the support of the players.
It can also bring uncertainty right through the playing and coaching staff
I just feel that unless the club
have a new manager in mind to replace Parker immediately then this would leave us with  possibly weeks of uncertainty at a time when we need consistency 
if Parker has the support of the players, why have we been so dreadful for the last few months?

fulhamben

Quote from: KJS on February 21, 2020, 10:34:59 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 21, 2020, 09:42:57 PM
Anyone?

OK mug who should replace him to get us auto promotion 🤔
come on you mug, we've left it too late for autos. Even those with an iq less than 100 could tell you that

SuffolkWhite

We have Parker until the end of the season.
I thought top 6 at the beginning, we could still finish top 6.

Yes not happy with the style of football presently but there are flashes of a decent team sometimes.

It's the play off lottery for us I believe, and we have a 1 in 4 chance.

I do think we will make the play offs!

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 21, 2020, 10:22:10 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 21, 2020, 10:18:17 PM
He was given a season by the owners to get promotion....give him the season....he couldn't help the penalty decision....the ref was dying to give it

Forget the penalty. We should have lost that game by 3 or 4! Rodak made saves championship keepers don't make and kept us in it. Mitro scored from nothing and got us out of jail. A familiar situation. And you blame the penalty?!

I could be wrong, but that's how you win a game...by scoring goals....they were gifted a penalty.... don't remember them scoring before or after that

FFC1987

Maidstone Lee

A lot of people are looking at Parker through rose tinted spectacles because it's his first season as a manager. It will be a disaster for us financially if we don't go up and we will almost certainly loose our only attackive threat in  Mitrovic. We rely on him far too heavily and we have no alternative. We are vastly underperforming in terms of effort, performance and results. Tony Khan needs to be brave and get a replacement lined up ASAP as we will not go back up with Parker at the helm. Had high hopes for him but that ship has sailed.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

H4usuallysitting

We don't have a divine right for promotion, the manager's been given a season to achieve this....just for arguments sake....who do you replace Scott with & will you guarantee promotion?

fulhamben

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 21, 2020, 10:49:32 PM
We don't have a divine right for promotion, the manager's been given a season to achieve this....just for arguments sake....who do you replace Scott with & will you guarantee promotion?
you are right we don't have a divine right, but a few of us, me especially have just asked for the odd good performance regardless of if we win or lose

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: fulhamben on February 21, 2020, 10:52:03 PM
you are right we don't have a divine right, but a few of us, me especially have just asked for the odd good performance regardless of if we win or lose
Perfect....so who in your opinion would be the Scott replacement

fulhamben

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 21, 2020, 10:54:17 PM
anyoen who would try something different and re install a bit of hope

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: fulhamben on February 21, 2020, 11:07:14 PM
Very insightful

fulhamben

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 21, 2020, 11:09:19 PM
Very insightful
doesnt have to be insightful, think the vast majority now know it's not Parker, so anyone else will do

AnOldBrownie

you are right we don%u2019t have a divine right, but a few of us, me especially have just asked for the odd good performance regardless of if we win or lose

I agree that the football isn't attractive, but until someone can give a realistic alternative that will guarantee promotion I'm sticking with Scott.  (and even if you can give an alternative...guess what, he ain't getting hired)

I'm patient because I still think the talent will outweigh the poor football.  Hell, Leeds plays better football than us, and they lost to us.

Currently we're sitting at 16 wins out of 34 games.

I'm sure most will bring up our highly paid players contributing to the high win total... but 16 wins is more than we had at this stage in

14/15  = 11 wins
15/16   =  8 wins
17/18   = 15 wins (we were playing better ball, but we still have more wins now)

And the Khans aren't going to fire Scott before the season ends.   

The football should be better.   I agree.   But it's not bad.   It's just horribly inconsistent.   Our players don't play well together.

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 21, 2020, 11:18:52 PM

I agree that the football isn't attractive, but until someone can give a realistic alternative that will guarantee promotion I'm sticking with Scott.  (and even if you can give an alternative...guess what, he ain't getting hired)

I'm patient because I still think the talent will outweigh the poor football.  Hell, Leeds plays better football than us, and they lost to us.

Currently we're sitting at 16 wins out of 34 games.

I'm sure most will bring up our highly paid players contributing to the high win total... but 16 wins is more than we had at this stage in

14/15  = 11 wins
15/16   =  8 wins
17/18   = 15 wins (we were playing better ball, but we still have more wins now)

And the Khans aren't going to fire Scott before the season ends.   

The football should be better.   I agree.   But it's not bad.   It's just horribly inconsistent.
again with the guaranteed promotion. Parker can't do that and neither can anyone else, how about a manager that doesn't serve up such crap football, that's what I would be happy with

Milo

So genuinely didn't think it was that bad..

Think Parker was more attacking with subs and that gave us a fighting chance of grabbing that goal. It made us play better in the attacking third and be more threatening. I think if we start with that formation next week ie AK Mitro Cav then D Reid in behind then we have more bite.

Arter grew on me as the game went on. He reads play well eg covers Hector when he bombs forward but is slow to 50:50s and is a red card waiting to happen.

Knockaert off the pace since his injury.

Cairney better today I thought?