watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone still willing to back Parker. Come on let’s have a laugh

Started by fulhamben, February 21, 2020, 09:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Bobby very good point regards defenders which I hadn't realised. Very few outlets and often Cairney does just pass straight back.

Milo

Quote from: bobby01 on February 22, 2020, 10:48:27 AM
I will not get into the petty digs that seem to bog every debate nowadays, (nice to see though that kjs did not disappoint with his post game insult). I sincerely believe we are in a false position, those that say we do not have a talented squad I would like them to consider this.
I think the football via Parker's tactics that we bring to games is very very poor, the reason we are in the position we are in s the individual brilliance of player that have secured wins. Consider how many worldies you have seen this year, and a cf, who gets so little service but still manages to be top scorer.
Cairney I feel has been in a downward spiral for a long time, I have been paying particular attention to our back line for the last few weeks, and tbh I feel really sorry for them , they receive the ball, they rarely have options to pass to unless they play the latest fad of a diagonal, if they play it to Cairney he just passes it back, then under pressure they hoof it or make a mistake.
Our best spell last night was when knock went left and bobby went right to centre, this inverted winger system does not work it is to easy to defend, they know we are going to come inside so just run our wingers into traffic.
I really feel we need to change Parker who for i do not know tbh, but we will never play well with this keep possession at the expense of everything else style, our midfield is and has been our major problem all season and invariably two players when fit will always start,the other position seems to have a random rotation on it.
If we go up under Parker, I think I will have to find a dark room to go in for a season and never look at any form of media because it will be horrendous in regard to what the prem teams will do if we continue playing this way.

Whitesideup

Quote from: SP on February 22, 2020, 10:16:25 AM
Love the Internet, I just noticed on TFI, one of the posters has been referred to as 'the poor man's Fulhamben'.
Lol!

Whitesideup

I agree that our set-up has not been right and have been of this view all season. My main beef is that playing with two out and out, inverted but essentially old-fashioned wingers is an easy set-up to play against, especially as it takes us time to get the ball forward. Ultimately our shape, set-up, and speed of play is the manager's brief, and we don't appear to be putting things right. So yesterday we looked like the better team for a lot of the time, yet their keeper did not have many saves to make and ours had to pull off several outstanding ones. The substitutions helped give us a bit more bite and urgency, but as it should.. we had five forwards on the field. However it was a bit precarious ..every time we lost the ball it looked as if they had a break on.

In Cearney's defence, I don't think he is always played in his best position. When pushed forward into a kind of number 10 role, as he was against Barnsley, he seems to struggle to get into the game, and does not look like the attacking threat we need from that position. If this is a valid point, then, again, this is something Parker should be looking at. Tom still looks like real quality on the ball. His touch in a crowded space, ability to hold the ball under pressure and then use it safely (if not always adventurously) is really first class. But I think it's fair to say we are not getting as much out of him as we did in the past.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: fulhamben on February 21, 2020, 10:23:10 PM
Quote from: grandad on February 21, 2020, 10:20:48 PM
The time to discuss manager is at the end of the season. Get off his back & support & encourage him & the team NOW.
exactly that, I will never forgive al fayed for sacking Sanchez mid season and brining in Roy. It's widely regarded that Sanchez wouldn't have bottled the europa final like Roy did

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

70sPimlico

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 22, 2020, 11:15:29 AM
I agree that our set-up has not been right and have been of this view all season. My main beef is that playing with two out and out, inverted but essentially old-fashioned wingers is an easy set-up to play against, especially as it takes us time to get the ball forward. Ultimately our shape, set-up, and speed of play is the manager's brief, and we don't appear to be putting things right. So yesterday we looked like the better team for a lot of the time, yet their keeper did not have many saves to make and ours had to pull off several outstanding ones. The substitutions helped give us a bit more bite and urgency, but as it should.. we had five forwards on the field. However it was a bit precarious ..every time we lost the ball it looked as if they had a break on.

In Cearney's defence, I don't think he is always played in his best position. When pushed forward into a kind of number 10 role, as he was against Barnsley, he seems to struggle to get into the game, and does not look like the attacking threat we need from that position. If this is a valid point, then, again, this is something Parker should be looking at. Tom still looks like real quality on the ball. His touch in a crowded space, ability to hold the ball under pressure and then use it safely (if not always adventurously) is really first class. But I think it's fair to say we are not getting as much out of him as we did in the past.

Cairney needs protection, freedom and I get the feeling to be told he's loved a bit and I think then you see a player that can dictate and change games.

What we get is a rigid, no protection, same options ahead that are being read by the opposition and he gets subbed most games. Parker is ruining him

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 22, 2020, 10:17:47 AM
Quote from: Tempest on February 22, 2020, 08:52:33 AM
So Leeds, WBA, Brentford haven't lost game they should have won? Madrid? Juve? Barcelona? You think WBA play fantasy football??

The only thing I think Fulham and all clubs should do is make the manager more accessible to fans, monthly social media q and a, meetings at the club, I would certainly like some answers on some matters.

And to be honest,  why the hell do we even want promotion? Anyone think this team competes in the prem? Oh, I know,  we can spend £100m as that would guarantee staying up......

We win game in the championship,  we don't in the prem,  I'm backing Scott to get us in the play off final and then lose.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly.  We are not good enough for the Prem at the moment.  Ideally, for me, we make good progress this season, get promoted 2020/21 and enter the Prem the following season with a well-rounded team and a lovely new stand !

Agreed.
In all honesty I'd rather not get promotion this year. Were clearly not ready for it as a team or as a club.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Putney Pride

Man city and liverpool both play with 'inverted' wingers. Salah from the right and mane from the left, sterling from left and Silva or Mahrez from the right. It is not 'easy' to defend against it depends on the quality of the performance of the wingers. If all they ever do is come inside it is easier to defend against yes but both of these teams that I mentioned don't do that and to be fair neither do ours, they probably get to the byline enough and are lacking confidence but it is not as straight forward as just saying don't cut inside.

There are far too many arm chair managers amongst the football fan community. "Just play player x in his right position and we will win" etc etc etc if it was that simple we would all be doing it.

colinwhite

Quote from: Riversider on February 21, 2020, 10:09:56 PM
Calm down everyone, Colin will be along shortly to reassure us all that were going to get automatic promotion  😃

Glad to see your lightening up a bit pal. Your usually suicidal by this time on a friday!!

Worcesterwhite

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 22, 2020, 11:33:11 AM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 22, 2020, 10:17:47 AM
Quote from: Tempest on February 22, 2020, 08:52:33 AM
So Leeds, WBA, Brentford haven't lost game they should have won? Madrid? Juve? Barcelona? You think WBA play fantasy football??

The only thing I think Fulham and all clubs should do is make the manager more accessible to fans, monthly social media q and a, meetings at the club, I would certainly like some answers on some matters.

And to be honest,  why the hell do we even want promotion? Anyone think this team competes in the prem? Oh, I know,  we can spend £100m as that would guarantee staying up......

We win game in the championship,  we don't in the prem,  I'm backing Scott to get us in the play off final and then lose.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly.  We are not good enough for the Prem at the moment.  Ideally, for me, we make good progress this season, get promoted 2020/21 and enter the Prem the following season with a well-rounded team and a lovely new stand !

Agreed.
In all honesty I'd rather not get promotion this year. Were clearly not ready for it as a team or as a club.
Who is ready promotion? I really don't get the comments we are not ready for promotion we would get relegated again etc. Who would have expected Sheffield United to perform as they have this year??

Spirit of 2000

Mitrovic will go his money largely used to balance the books, our ffp position will worsen as parachutes drop and we will have a side if less ready for the premiership,  so I dont see a valid point.

SuffolkWhite

Gawd blimey cant we wait until we have failed miserably before talking about who is getting sold!!!! :doh:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Black and White Blood

Get off Scott's back you lot.
He believes in a way of playing and sticks to it, I liked his post match interview.
Yes, Barnsley was woeful but most of the goals conceded this season have been individual errors.
SR is still regarded by most as a great Manager but he had the advantage of two good overlapping full backs, we didn't look that good after Fredericks and Targatt left.
Hull and Barnsley aside we haven't always had the rub of the green.
Look at the Table, we are still 3rd.
Judge him at the end of the season.

colinwhite

I thought we were all Fulham supporters. OP of course we are backing Parker ,as long as he is head coach of the team. We may not like his tactics or whatever but my backing he has .

ChesterTheTabby

12 games left, no point in changing the gaffer now who has had us in the playoffs for the majority of the season. To claim we somehow should be walking the league with the team we have is narcissistic and arrogant. These other teams may not have some of the relative "household names", but that doesn't mean their players aren't as good, if not better, than ours. We are a team of premier league relegationists and loanees... why are we somehow expected to blow others out of the water again?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Whitesideup

Quote from: Putney Pride on February 22, 2020, 11:43:38 AM

Man city and liverpool both play with 'inverted' wingers. Salah from the right and mane from the left, sterling from left and Silva or Mahrez from the right. It is not 'easy' to defend against it depends on the quality of the performance of the wingers. If all they ever do is come inside it is easier to defend against yes but both of these teams that I mentioned don't do that and to be fair neither do ours, they probably get to the byline enough and are lacking confidence but it is not as straight forward as just saying don't cut inside.

There are far too many arm chair managers amongst the football fan community. "Just play player x in his right position and we will win" etc etc etc if it was that simple we would all be doing it.
Are you having a dig? Firstly I don't see anyone saying "just do this and we will win". I certainly wasn't. Secondly if you mean by discussing things and putting forward views we are "armchair managers" then so be it, but what else are we supposed to do on a football forum? Discuss meat content of the burgers? .....actually, maybe not such a bad idea!!

And my point about  wingers (inverted or otherwise) is that taking time to get forward makes it easier to mark them and nullify their talent; I think Cav and Knockaert are both good players. Liverpool's brand of football is great, and Mane and Salah (apart from being two of the best in Europe) in my view do not play as out-and-out wingers. Very often they get support from the full backs who assume the wide position. They come inside much more frequently and are more involved in the game, and have a much greater impact in the box, witness the number of goals they score. I think Cav and Knockaert roles are quite a bit different.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: OhConnah on February 22, 2020, 03:03:27 PM
12 games left, no point in changing the gaffer now who has had us in the playoffs for the majority of the season. To claim we somehow should be walking the league with the team we have is narcissistic and arrogant. These other teams may not have some of the relative "household names", but that doesn't mean their players aren't as good, if not better, than ours. We are a team of premier league relegationists and loanees... why are we somehow expected to blow others out of the water again?
I don't expect us to 'Blow anyone out of the water', I just wish we were not playing such boring football. I would rather we didn't get promoted but actually played football worth paying money to watch. If I want to watch a side make 400+ passes and hardly ever cross the halfway line, I would watch Arsenal videos from the 90s.
Parker is going nowhere until the season is over.  I just cannot see the style of football getting any more watchable.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Jim©

Quote from: OhConnah on February 22, 2020, 03:03:27 PM
Basically agree with every word of that...

snarks

Quote from: Asotosyios on February 22, 2020, 07:56:55 AM
Quote from: snarks on February 22, 2020, 07:34:38 AM
Ben your anti Parker posts are dull boring and repetitive we get it you don't like him. Give yourself a day off. I'll back him and continue todo so, then he'll leave or be replaced and I'll back the next one until he Leaves etc. We win more than we lose and so yes I'm happy enough.

I am not trying to defend Ben, but I get where he's coming from.

Obviously we are all Fulham fans and want Fulham to do well. However, this has a different meaning for each one of us. For some the result and especially the win is the king, while others are more interested in the quality of football. That's why some people are pro Parker (having us 3rd and still with a chance for an automatic promotion) and others anti Parker (the football is boring).

Personally, I am not a fan of Parker. As others have said, I didn't like his appointment in the first place and have found it very difficult to warm up to him. That doesn't mean I won't support the team or that I want him sacked. I wouldn't lose any sleep if I read that he had been fired, but realistically I expect him to be here until the end of the season. What I don't like and cannot support is the quality of our football this year, especially when you compare it with Jokanovic's era which was not that long ago. As Toshe's Mate put it on a different thread, "it's hollow and empty" and unfortunately that feeling has been there all season and won't go away regardless if we get promoted or not.

I don't think the football is boring - its not quick enough when it's 0 - 0 and we only started to play like we should when we went behind, quicker and more direct. My comment at Ben was for him it's personal as his "I don't care if we were 30 points clear, I'd still want him gone" post.

I also accept that we do want different things, but the Parker bashing is so dull. I log on here far less because of it. When we win it's the team, when we lose it's Scott's fault. We are 3rd FFS not 3rd from bottom. Everyone knows and stats bear it out, it's very hard for relegated teams to bounce straight back. Those that expected us to walk it are deluded IMHO. just look last time we were relegated under Felix, we were still one of the bookies favorites to go up that first season, it a 46 game season (or 49 via playoffs) lets now finish the season, then by all means let the haters have the MB for their opinions.