watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Abou Kamara

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 22, 2020, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Again the guy comes on and makes things happen. I like this player. He doesn't always play well but he does always try his best.

howitis

Awful player and very much part of the problem. Zero football intelligence and severely limited ability. How he is still at the club and around the first team is mind boggling.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: howitis on February 22, 2020, 08:23:42 AM
Awful player and very much part of the problem. Zero football intelligence and severely limited ability. How he is still at the club and around the first team is mind boggling.

Great assist yesterday. You're the one with zero football intelligence

Facts Not Fiction

He's a sub at best when the opposition are tired. From the start, he is nowhere near as effective.

fulhamben

damn, if you think ak is awful, you must hate the likes of cav, bobby and knockaert who did sod all yesterday, again
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Dr Quinzel

I think that is his niche. I don't think he plays well on the wing ie being expected to has chalk on his boots, but his out to in runs and his pace can cause issues, even if he isn't the best once he has the ball.

PS I still think we should have sold him, but will admit he's serving a role that can be beneficial.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: fulhamben on February 22, 2020, 09:01:54 AM
damn, if you think ak is awful, you must hate the likes of cav, bobby and knockaert who did sod all yesterday, again

Cav did sod all yesterday? Must have seen a different game.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Kamara does not have a football brain and to give him credit for his assist is very marginal. At least he did not attempt to beat someone and shoot like Knock would probably have done but his cross was very average and was only converted by the class of Mitro..
Apart from that I can only remember one dribble into the area.

brightster

Funny thought he did well last night when he came on, played more of a team player instead of his usual head down on his own mindset.
Still think he is better from the bench.

Baszab

AK is the most dynamic forward we have

But even he plays this season as if he has been shackled by the SP "sensible no lose possession way"
He rarely takes on defenders when wide, choosing to play the simple square pass across the penalty area

Put him up top with Mitro and play a 3-2-3-2

Andy S

He is not an awful player as you do not get to this level being awful. He has speed and is big and causes a problems to defenders. If you want to change things around you need players to do things differently

MJG

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 22, 2020, 09:30:27 AM
Kamara does not have a football brain and to give him credit for his assist is very marginal. At least he did not attempt to beat someone and shoot like Knock would probably have done but his cross was very average and was only converted by the class of Mitro..
so Kamara gets the one decent cross in for Mitro to score and the assist is marginal? If that had been TC I suspect many would be saying great assist, picked Mitro out. Well done AK.
Just the views of a long term fan

Fulham1959

Some hard taskmasters on this messageboard.

Kamara is a great sub and usually gives his all.  OK, maybe that does not make him essential to our future, but he's in the squad and is often as good as his compatriots in the striking role.

filham

Kamara has pace, strength and enthusiasm, qualities that Parker should be able to put to good use.
Ok he could do with better ball control and football sense but if he had those qualities as well he would be playing in the Premier League.

Asotosyios

I have questioned Kamara's football intelligence in the past, but he looks more mature this season.

Still think that he's more suitable in a front 2 with Mitrovic, rather than as a winger.

Woolly Mammoth

It takes all types to make up a team/squad, Kamara has his strengths as well as his shortcomings, as we all have. Fulham just need to utilise his strengths to their best advantage. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

I remember one backwards ball to Odoi that didn't make much sense at the time.

Otherwise I thought he was a threat actually. Retained possession on the edge of the penalty, sets up Mitro for the goal and nearly had a second assist for Cav at the end?

MikeTheCubed

If I knew nothing about football and someone told me we had a brain-dead forward on the pitch after the game yesterday, I'd assume they were talking about Knockaert.

Texas White

Quote from: Baszab on February 22, 2020, 09:38:33 AM
AK is the most dynamic forward we have

But even he plays this season as if he has been shackled by the SP "sensible no lose possession way"
He rarely takes on defenders when wide, choosing to play the simple square pass across the penalty area

Put him up top with Mitro and play a 3-2-3-2

We are not making enough chances. Square, sideways and back passing around the penalty area doesn't cut it. Need Kamara and Mitro up front and no more tip tapping passes. Forwards needs to run at defenders not pass sideways..

WolverineFFC

Quote from: MJG on February 22, 2020, 09:40:58 AM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 22, 2020, 09:30:27 AM
so Kamara gets the one decent cross in for Mitro to score and the assist is marginal? If that had been TC I suspect many would be saying great assist, picked Mitro out. Well done AK.

Amazing how different people can see a game so differently. The goal assist was in the box in and around Mitro. That is what this team has been lacking for a month, save Bryan.

Nobody has even mentioned the chance Cav had at the edge of the area, created by AK as well.