watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Right now, what is our natural position

Started by 70sPimlico, February 22, 2020, 11:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

Table doesn't lie. Well, I personally think it's been telling a big fat one for about two months. Taking how we play, how easily to defend we are and how pretty much every team has us on the back foot for 75% of the game. Off the top of my head, Charlton, Millwall, Huddersfield, Derby, Barnsley all recent games where we were second best.

I think our natural position right now is 9th in view of our form and tactics.

Taking the league, our team and where I think we should be is 1st.

There's a lot of hyperbole on here. And why not, its a football forum. But, I dont really do that. I can be a bit boring but I absolutely believe that with a slight tweak and the right approach, this team should be leading the league.

I put my feeling that we will end up about 9th down entirely to the coaching and tactics.

I need to share a great line I saw on twitter from (he deserves a mention) @obeales82

So the Parker philosophy - take absolutely no risks in the attacking third but if we're in our own penalty area feel free to express yourself. Champagne squad, beer manager

What a simple but great point about the absurdity of our tactics and it is so true

Sgt Fulham

I think we will finish 8th. If we didn't have Mitro or Rodak I genuinely believe we would be in the bottom half which is absolutely crazy with the players we have.

ffcne

MJG

We have 57 points frm 34 games
our last 11 games since xmas have given us 19 points which over 34 games would give us 58, so pretty much we are were we should be...3-6...somewhere in the playoffs.
Just the views of a long term fan

70sPimlico

Quote from: MJG on February 22, 2020, 11:53:10 AM
our last 11 games since xmas have given us 19 points which over 34 games would give us 58, so pretty much we are were we should be...3-6...somewhere in the playoffs.
Mike, its some form of witchcraft. My only explanation is our players are that good that they grab us a point or 3 despite the tactics. Huddersfield a classic case in point.

But I get the feeling the spell is waning

MJG

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 22, 2020, 12:03:56 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 22, 2020, 11:53:10 AM
Mike, its some form of witchcraft. My only explanation is our players are that good that they grab us a point or 3 despite the tactics. Huddersfield a classic case in point.

But I get the feeling the spell is waning
I agree, form dipping to the point where we need a quick run of points to cement a place in playoofs or we will be playing catch up, and thats not in our makeup at the moment.
Just the views of a long term fan

70sPimlico

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 22, 2020, 11:40:48 AM
Table doesn't lie. Well, I personally think it's been telling a big fat one for about two months. Taking how we play, how easily to defend we are and how pretty much every team has us on the back foot for 75% of the game. Off the top of my head, Charlton, Millwall, Huddersfield, Derby, Barnsley all recent games where we were second best.

Just remembered Luton

Stoneleigh Loyalist

6th. Below the top two  Brentford,Not For , and Blackburn