watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Punchless Offense?

Started by WindyCity, February 22, 2020, 03:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Last 7 of 8 league games one goal or less scored.

Just sayin'......

Bill2

Not only that but a complete absence of good chances, apart from Mitro's shot an goal every attempt on target was more like a passback.

WindyCity

Quote from: Bill2 on February 22, 2020, 07:07:17 PM
Not only that but a complete absence of good chances, apart from Mitro's shot an goal every attempt on target was more like a passback.

It's really hard to figure.  This club seems to spend most of its' time going sideways or backwards.  At some point, I think supporters and ownership/management themselves have to question Parkers' tactics.  I do think FFC has some very good footballers, good offensive players that can compete and can tickle the twine.  One goal a game just ain't gonna cut it, and we're now entering the final weeks of the season.  When does/will this offense show itself and what it is fully capable of producing?

Whitestone

I think we have a more than capable choice of attacking players. Unless the manager unleashes the shackles I can't see things changing. He seems quite committed to his style and reluctant to do anything different. The players must be so frustrated playing to these instructions.

WindyCity

Quote from: Whitestone on February 23, 2020, 04:38:31 PM
I think we have a more than capable choice of attacking players. Unless the manager unleashes the shackles I can't see things changing. He seems quite committed to his style and reluctant to do anything different. The players must be so frustrated playing to these instructions.

Frustrated or not, something's got to give.  This team has largely underperformed the entire season.  I agree, if they continue playing this system it is very likely promotion will not happen.

elgreenio

cant even call it a recent phenomena,  25 of 37 games this season where we've scored 1 goal or less
touch my camera through the fence

Jim©

Quote from: elgreenio on February 24, 2020, 04:39:29 PM
cant even call it a recent phenomena,  25 of 37 games this season where we've scored 1 goal or less

Oddly, I think it's the same stat for goals conceded (one or less) = 25 games

filham

No bite in the box, powder puff shots, slow build up, midfielders not getting in the box, full backs not overlapping, poor crosses etc. These are the phrases we have been hearing all season and it is not going to change for the last dozen games.
Promotion is still possible but if it happens it is going to be with a series of tight boring games each culminating in tight nail biting finishes.

We must condition ourselves now not too expect fast open games with comfortable victories, that is just not going to happen.

alfie

I have also noticed when breaking from defence it seems midfield players are dropping back so when they receive the ball they are more often than facing their own goa, which in turn makes it difficult to make a forward pass, maybe it's just me, but if there is no forward movement then there is no forward pass.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ALG01

conceded penalties in three consecutive games but to be fair the one at derby was a travesty.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ALG01 on February 24, 2020, 10:36:09 PM
conceded penalties in three consecutive games but to be fair the one at derby was a travesty.

And, we conceded penalties four out of six games if you count Man City.

WindyCity

Quote from: elgreenio on February 24, 2020, 04:39:29 PM

Yep, very disappointing.  When season started, I was on all about the defense and felt it was still too leaky.  Though FFC was conceding fewer goals as the season progressed, they were conceding late, letting points slip away.  When Hector arrived, I was happy to see a somewhat 'shored up' defense and the results were showing.  That said, those playing alongside Hector can still have FFC defense spring a leak at almost any given time.  Rodak has saved some points in this regard.

BUT, the offense??  With the retention of Mitro and the additions of Cav, Knock, and Reid, the team 'should' be showing much better offense and more than these one-goal-scored games.  All this possession, and really nothing to show for it.  These guys are good offensive players and should be scoring much much more!