watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr don’t read if you don’t want to know boxing result

Started by fulhamben, February 23, 2020, 11:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

How good was fury last night. Thought he might win on points but wow he blew him away. Got to be aj next for a unification fight.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bill taylors apprentice

Just watched it on Youtube probably just in time before its taken down!
A great performance from the Gypsy King!

Sgt Fulham

Delivered on all his promises. What a one sided fight it was. Very glad to see Wilder put down.

FFCFOREVER

Yeah. Fury absolutely nailed it. Spot on tactics and looked so good. And he won me 105 quid off a £2.50 bet.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on February 23, 2020, 01:03:09 PM
Yeah. Fury absolutely nailed it. Spot on tactics and looked so good. And he won me 105 quid off a £2.50 bet.
can I ask how

Art Vandelay

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 23, 2020, 11:40:03 AM
Just watched it on Youtube probably just in time before its taken down!
A great performance from the Gypsy King!

Thanks for the heads up, so just watched myself for free.

Great performance and can't see there being much demand for a third fight as he was so dominant.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: fulhamben on February 23, 2020, 01:25:41 PM
can I ask how
40 /1  for Fury to win in 7th round. Also had £2.50 on the same bet but in the 8th round via bet 365

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on February 23, 2020, 06:28:12 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 23, 2020, 01:25:41 PM
can I ask how
40 /1  for Fury to win in 7th round. Also had £2.50 on the same bet but in the 8th round via bet 365
thats insane odds, were they boosted

FFCFOREVER

Not that I saw. But agree about the insane odds, hence why I only put a fiver total stake. I was gonna go Fury in the 6th for the whole fiver. So glad I didn't. Also had Man U, Wolves to win and Arsenal v Everton to draw as a treble. Just missed put though.

Dodgin

Got up at 4.45 unmissable, AJ awaits two Brits boxing for the biggest prize. Fury probably favourite after his demolishing job on Wilder.

FFCFOREVER

He's the most impressive heavyweight right now, that I've seen for years.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on February 23, 2020, 06:59:12 PM
yep, I thought aj would be too quick and powerful for him, now I'm not so sure. Could be an absolute epic. Provided they actually get it on. Wilder has 30 days to decide if he wants a rematch or not. I can't see it though as the two fights proved that he's not in fury's league. Just hope aj and fury don't screw the fans by taking the money to have it in Saudi Arabia or somewhere like that

FFCFOREVER

Fully agree and I really think the fight will be on British soil, should it happen.They are both patriotic to the hilt...... But. As we all know money talks and bullsh1t walks.

Carborundum

Very impressive from Fury. 

Suspect Wilder will find 25 million reasons to invoke the rematch clause. 

Woolly Mammoth

If Fury fights Joshua, it should be on English Soil, as they are both English.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BarryP

Fury vs Joshua is the best possible match up for Fury but it's probably unlikely to happen soon. Pretty sure Joshua has two mandatory title defenses and I believe they are both already scheduled. Plus unless Wilder's ego has been irreparably shattered, which is possible, he is not going to pass up a shot at winning the belt back and the payday that comes with it. Boxers spend their entire careers working to get a title shot and aren't going to throw them away lightly. That includes Wilder and both of Joshua's mandatory opponents. Be great if the powers that be could make it happen but I'm skeptical we'll get to see it for a while.

None of the above even factors in the promoters plans for their respective boxers unless they happen to use the same promoter. Personally I'd love to see Errol Spence and Bud Crawford while their each still in their prime but I'm not holding my breath due to the promoter situation.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on February 23, 2020, 07:51:25 PM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on February 23, 2020, 06:59:12 PM
yep, I thought aj would be too quick and powerful for him, now I'm not so sure. Could be an absolute epic. Provided they actually get it on. Wilder has 30 days to decide if he wants a rematch or not. I can't see it though as the two fights proved that he's not in fury's league. Just hope aj and fury don't screw the fans by taking the money to have it in Saudi Arabia or somewhere like that

AJ wouldn't be "too quick" for anyone, certainly not Fury, probably the most agile heavyweight in the last 30 years!

Biggest stumbling block for that match IMO will be AJ's/Hearn's greed. The Wilder fight never happened for them because AJ wanted the lion's share of the purse, then Fury offered Wilder a cheaper alternative. Now the roles are reversed and given his profile and popularity, Fury should be getting most of the purse in a fight with AJ. But I can see Hearn still insisting on AJ getting more or alternatively, that they take the Arab money and do it in SA. Fury is a showman and will want it in Vegas or the UK. Hearn knows his cash cow AJ will be done for if he loses to Fury, and that he probably will, so has no incentive to compromise.