more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham v Fulham (1958)

Started by WhiteJC, February 23, 2020, 03:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

bog

Wonderful memories. One of my favorite photographs is of Tosh celebrating with the Maestro he had scored the winner.  Thanks for putting this on.  049:gif

092.gif

Fernhurst

Wonderful memories of a much loved team.
Thank you for sharing
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

70sPimlico

I am always intrigued by old footage, especially of us.

Can anyone let me know about a few things, from this match or local derby from this era.

Would we have taken many fans?
Was there an away end?
Was there the current type rivalry?
Did the fans sing?

Woolly Mammoth

I noticed the pitch was in reasonable condition, and a number of punters were wearing a suit and a tie.
I also saw a glimpse of mince waiving his rattle behind one of the goals.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 23, 2020, 08:05:20 PM
I am always intrigued by old footage, especially of us.

Can anyone let me know about a few things, from this match or local derby from this era.

Would we have taken many fans?
Was there an away end?
Was there the current type rivalry?
Did the fans sing?

Yes we did and no, there was no away end, the fans all stood together. We did make a lot of noise but not necessary songs. This was a cup game and we got to the semi final, where lost after a replay to Munich hit Manchester Utd

Dodger53

Thanks for that. I may have been there!

Cambridge Pete

Thanks for posting. Great memories. We fell at Highbury in a semi final replay against the post Munich Man Utd.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on February 24, 2020, 10:27:38 AM
Thanks for posting. Great memories. We fell at Highbury in a semi final replay against the post Munich Man Utd.

here's the highlights...

Stoneleigh Loyalist

As a teenager I was at the first two games the first with my Dad who was a life long West Ham supporter. We were in the section along the side known to all fans as the Chicken Run.  I must say that although he retained a support for Wast Ham (particularly 1975!) my Dad regularly came with me to Fulham and as a season ticket holder in the 80s and 90s.
I went to the Man Utd game by train feeling increasingly unwell throughout the game and on the train home. On examination I had a temperature of over 100 degrees and was  diagnosed as having jaundice. It was a treat to have the tele brought to my bedside to watch the replay which starred the young Bobby Charlton.It was televised life by the BBC.