watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did we have a tactical plan?

Started by General, February 29, 2020, 06:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

We've a few injuries and we did win, and I know this is a negative post  - sorry for that, but having watched the game today, I was at a loss by how many times I saw players out of position, leaving us exposed but also the inverted wingers prospect is farcical.. So many times I watched Cavaleiro (who I thought worked his socks off today) and Knockaert constantly compensating for the fact they weren't on their natural side by slowing the game and ball down or turning back on themselves away from goal to get on their preferred foot. I also saw Cavaleiro not cross the ball simply because it was on his left foot when a striker was in the box ready. On top of that, Odoi did well but as a LB.. I know that was out of necessity but I also saw Cairney on the wing, Hector up front, Mitro in defence... it seemed all over the place. I appreciate that can happen every now and then but we almost made it habitual.

No wonder we're not scoring as many goals.. One last gripe too is - we're a much better team with Kmac in the side than Arter... I just don't get what Arter adds. I appreciate he's solid, but he never seems to have a handle on the game, whereas KMac seems to constantly have an ability to take control of the game by the scruff of the kneck.

Apologies if this is too much, I appreciate we all want to be positive - we're third, are winning games - but we're riding out luck somewhat and the idea of the playoff's again fills me with dread - both at staying in the championship and not really playing to our strengths, it could be a waste.

Moltobueno

another clean sheet, scoring goals, winning... still  ... :doh:

General

Quote from: Moltobueno on February 29, 2020, 06:30:44 PM

I know, it may seem confusing but up until the Own Goal the first half was a lot more Preston than it was us. Don't forget the disallowed Preston goal and the opportunities Preston had to score from. There was also a goal line clearance at 1-0. It's fine lines and therefore not an issue to not want to rest on laurels that see us win, but fortunately instead of decisively. Don't forget, the aim is and should be to get out of the league.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: General on February 29, 2020, 06:37:41 PM
Quote from: Moltobueno on February 29, 2020, 06:30:44 PM

I know, it may seem confusing but up until the Own Goal the first half was a lot more Preston than it was us. Don't forget the disallowed Preston goal and the opportunities Preston had to score from. There was also a goal line clearance at 1-0. It's fine lines and therefore not an issue to not want to rest on laurels that see us win, but fortunately instead of decisively. Don't forget, the aim is and should be to get out of the league.

I'll rewatch the game right now.  Get back to you in two hours.

I know Preston's only tactic was to push the ball down our left side and cross it.   

First Preston attack came off a poor Cav pass...to his credit he got back to defend really well.

Second  Preston attack...Joe pulls his hamstring, leads to a corner...which almost results in goal but Preston player is offsides.

Wow...at the 10 minute mark Fulham are on their heals.. most of Preston's attack is on Cav's side...

From this point on I'm trying to see Fulham's tactics...

20 minutes in...Mitro dropping quite a bit to receive balls and quick pass to another player.

This is too tiring...Cyrus is trying to overlap with Reid, Knock...  Reid has decent shot on goal.

HV71

General - I concur. I would also add that , whilst conditions were difficult, we did resort to hoof ball on several occasions.