watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector

Started by ChesterTheTabby, March 01, 2020, 09:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

What a player, what a man. Best CB since Hangeland. Just as ferocious and an aerial threat. Best piece of business we did this year besides keeping Mitro of course.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fulhamboy1111

Agree, personally like to see AK start the next one. If Bryan's done his hammy makes sense. COYW's

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: OhConnah on March 01, 2020, 09:02:34 PM
What a player, what a man. Best CB since Hangeland. Just as ferocious and an aerial threat. Best piece of business we did this year besides keeping Mitro of course.

Big claim but I can't disagree, on his showing so far he's exactly like Hangeland. Now we just need to find another Hughes.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HV71

A Rolls Royce in the making - could be as important to us as Virgil is to Liverpool. A spine of Rodak, Hector and Mitro is formidable and one that every team in the Championship will envy

filham

Early days but Hector is looking so good, the only concern is that the likes of Spurs will have their greedy eyes on him before too long.

itombomb

There was an interview where Carragher was saying every back 3/4/5 needs a 'daddy', someone who will be vocal and set direction, and that is what VVD quickly became to Liverpool. He really does seem like that for us.

We've been missing that centre back leader for so long, and he is it. Even when he does the odd mad thing, like a couple of times Saturday when he flew up the pitch out of position to attack second balls, he does it with such authority that it galvanises those around him.

We've had several decent CBs over the last few years, but they all lacked from not being led.

Radiowhite

Quote from: filham on March 02, 2020, 09:52:02 PM
Early days but Hector is looking so good, the only concern is that the likes of Spurs will have their greedy eyes on him before too long.

He's 27 so I don't think we'll have to worry about that

Jim©

I know a load of people have already said it, but just imagine this season with him from day 1. I have a sneaky feeling that we'd be top.

Ream has improved no end with Hec next to him too.

bog

Just what you need for a season's run in, someone who really is a boost to the squad. Like when Mitro and his goal threat arrived. We are so much tighter at the back now.   :54: 049:gif

092.gif

filham

Quote from: Radiowhite on March 03, 2020, 05:04:35 AM
Quote from: filham on March 02, 2020, 09:52:02 PM

He's 27 so I don't think we'll have to worry about that
That is good news except that he may show signs of slowing down in about ten years time.

filham

Quote from: bog on March 03, 2020, 10:33:04 AM
Just what you need for a season's run in, someone who really is a boost to the squad. Like when Mitro and his goal threat arrived. We are so much tighter at the back now.   :54: 049:gif

092.gif
The other good news for a run in is the form that Christie showed on Saturday. Also if the pace that Cav. and Kamara showed for the late goal against Preston can be employed correctly then that too should help us in the run in.

JimOG

Quote from: Jim© on March 03, 2020, 10:10:55 AM
I know a load of people have already said it, but just imagine this season with him from day 1. I have a sneaky feeling that we'd be top.

Ream has improved no end with Hec next to him too.

Agree about Ream who is a fine footballer but not a dominating centre back. Pity about Kongolo. I could have imagined a 3-5-2 with Bryan & Christie on the flanks, Reed Arter Cairney, Mitro & Reid/AK/Cav - very good Championship side

bog

Quote from: filham on March 03, 2020, 11:53:32 AM
Quote from: bog on March 03, 2020, 10:33:04 AM

092.gif
The other good news for a run in is the form that Christie showed on Saturday. Also if the pace that Cav. and Kamara showed for the late goal against Preston can be employed correctly then that too should help us in the run in.

Exactly, Christie could be coming good in at just the right time.... with AK likewise.  049:gif