watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it just me?

Started by Whitesideup, February 29, 2020, 10:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

1) That thought it was a pretty dull game today?

2) That thought Mitro must have run over the ref's cat?

Pleased with the result. Pleased with our defensive performance (Preston only 1 chance in the second half). Pleased for Christie who came on and played very well. Pleased that Denis can play anywhere. (Give him a go as main striker if Mitro is injured?)

But ... came away thinking it was a bit of a non-event.  Just me?

General

I think the term is winning ugly.

YankeeJim

Just you  Whiteside. It was a well played match between two fairly equal teams. It could easily have gone the other way.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

filham

Afraid that we have to accept that Parker is playing it tight and that apart from Mitro our attacking players are not going to unlock defences.
Expect more of the same over the last ten games but be pleased that we are third in the table.

HV71

White side - relax - it isn't just you .

Whitesideup

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 29, 2020, 10:44:28 PM
Just you  Whiteside. It was a well played match between two fairly equal teams. It could easily have gone the other way.

That's ok. And there was a lot of it that was good .. but for me just lacking a bit of excitement. And I am happy that others enjoyed it more than me .. not that I didn't enjoy aspects of the performance and especially the result. I agree with it being two good teams, and thought first 20 minutes or so Preston were excellent at closing us down all over the pitch. Then they asked few questions of us second half, and the game fizzled out. But that's ok. I prefer that to us defending manically and conceding an 89th minute equalizer.

Andy S

Obviously we prefer games to play out differently but for results that will do. Preston needed a win so it wasn't going to be easy. We fought and fought well. It was the result that mattered today

Woolly Mammoth

We dug in when we had to, and battled when we needed to, we need to be prepared for a lot of tight games in this Division and more to come. Just one goal can win it, and we have to be prepared to go toe to toe with every opponent. Nobody said it was going to be a picnic.
There is no easy game or no easier game, these teams are well organised and up for it. Anyone who thinks we are entitled to three points by just turning up is showing unnecessary arrogance and setting themselves up to be disappointed.
It's another three precious points as they all are and another clean sheet.
What more can you ask for.
Nobody is guaranteed an automatic place all top six places are up for grabs, and we have both to play.
We are showing more consistency, but it's not just the top two we have to beat, it's everyone of the others.
If we end up outside the top two, then the play offs it is and we meet the challenge as every team has to, and saviour the opportunity of having a second bite st the cherry.
If we finish outside the top six, I shall be very surprised and disappointed.
But let's wait until it all pans out and try and stay relaxed.
Having said all that, there is a Fulham supporter currently in hospital recovering after needing medical attention at the Hammersmith end today, and his current health and condition is far more important than football, and I know we all praying he has a full recovery and his back in shape as soon as possible.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 29, 2020, 10:34:26 PM
1) That thought it was a pretty dull game today?

2) That thought Mitro must have run over the ref's cat?

Pleased with the result. Pleased with our defensive performance (Preston only 1 chance in the second half). Pleased for Christie who came on and played very well. Pleased that Denis can play anywhere. (Give him a go as main striker if Mitro is injured?)

But ... came away thinking it was a bit of a non-event.  Just me?

I think it might just be you.  I thought this was a well played game, by both sides.  Not great, mind you.  Two evenly matched clubs having a go at it.  At the very least, a better show by FFC compared to some of the games we've seen throughout this campaign.

grandad

I thought it was a terrific game featuring 2 good sides both fighting for promotion. I really can´t fathom why some thought otherwise. Sorry, 3 points, a clean sheet, Nugent & AK spoilt your day.
Thank goodness there are only the same few incessant moaners.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Robbie

You forget the dreadful weather !   It was never going to be Barcelona on Thames.

cookieg

Quote from: grandad on March 01, 2020, 05:19:19 PM
I thought it was a terrific game featuring 2 good sides both fighting for promotion. I really can´t fathom why some thought otherwise. Sorry, 3 points, a clean sheet, Nugent & AK spoilt your day.

So if people don't think the games were "terrific" they are "incessant moaners"!! So much for having an opinion that differs from yours. Personally I thought the Swansea game was dire to watch and wouldn't have been surprised if they had nicked it at the end. And yesterday we were relying on an own goal until the last minute.

grandad

Quote from: cookieg on March 01, 2020, 06:55:05 PM
Quote from: grandad on March 01, 2020, 05:19:19 PM

So if people don't think the games were "terrific" they are "incessant moaners"!! So much for having an opinion that differs from yours. Personally I thought the Swansea game was dire to watch and wouldn't have been surprised if they had nicked it at the end. And yesterday we were relying on an own goal until the last minute.
You know perfectly well who the incessant moaners are I am referring to. Thankfully they are a very few.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MikeTheCubed

There are several positives to take from the last two games in comparison to previous performances; most notably the increase in intensity of our play. The performances however have exhibited a lack of cutting edge in the final 3rd and could have easily produced negative results if not for good fortune. There is plenty of room for improvement.

ALG01

i  heard a few say ot was a dull game.

I thought it was a tense and absorbing game played between two well matched teams. they dominated the first 20 minutes and us most of the rest. I was really absorbed... what was lacking was enough good chances but that is just the way it is sometimes.

Camel Club

I found it a thoroughly absorbing game. You could see exactly why Preston were pushing for the playoffs and whilst they were a very physical side they weren't dirty.

Both defences were strong and the lack of goalmouth action didn't spoil it. Ultimately our quality got us over the line but it could easily have been one of the most compelling 0-0s we've seen at the Cottage.

Odoi got my vote for MOTM but I could have easily gone for Christie, Hector or Ream. Individually and collectively they were immense.

love4ffc

Just watched the match back and I can see what the OP is saying.  Yes, at times it is methodical passing and keeping of possession.  However, I feel there is a difference in these last two matches that I hope continues forward and that is the pace and intensity.  While the intensity and pace was not the same against the Swans I still thought it was better then what it has been for the better part of the season. 

On a slightly different note, If I was Scotty, I would remind the players to kick it in gear and play with the same intensity as the Swans match.  More they can do now to win instant promotion the sooner they can all go on holiday.

049:gif 049:gif  :wine:  049:gif 049:gif

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?