watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Injuries to our defenders

Started by grandad, March 01, 2020, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Any more injuries to our remaining back 4 will really screw us. We only have Sess as back up. If Ream or Hector get injured we may have to resort to playing K Mac as a CB.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

If hector gets injured we would be knocked even if mawson, mlm and kongolo were fit
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Odoi would just be moved to CB. Worst case scenario would be Ream and Odoi, which isn't great but it's still the CB pairing that got us promoted.

The Rational Fan

We really need another player fit Mawson, MLM, Kongolo, Bryan, Reed or Onamah, just to spread the load.

Woolly Mammoth

Bring in Moritz Jenz from the Academy he is at least 6ft 2ins a footballing centre back rather than playing square pegs in round holes. Bring in one for one as opposed to disrupting the back line from left to right and right to left. Although having said that Kevin Mac would be my first port of call to play centre back, i certainly would not pair Odoi and Ream together again 2 years down the line, as that would end in dire circumstances.
Our resistance in the air would be mediocre at best, especially at set pieces.
So on reflection Mcdonald then Jenz assuming that Onomah is injured.
But not both Odoi and Ream in the centre, that would be boys against men.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on March 01, 2020, 09:22:24 PM
If hector gets injured we would be knocked even if mawson, mlm and kongolo were fit

Hopefully worse case we would have Sess, Odoi, Ream and Christie.  Pray it goes no further then that. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 01, 2020, 11:29:15 PM
Bring in Moritz Jenz from the Academy he is at least 6ft 2ins a footballing centre back rather than playing square pegs in round holes. Bring in one for one as opposed to disrupting the back line from left to right and right to left. Although having said that Kevin Mac would be my first port of call to play centre back, i certainly would not pair Odoi and Ream together again 2 years down the line, as that would end in dire circumstances.

I hope we aren't suggesting KMac and Ream as a centre back partnership, especially if the other team has speed upfront. I really think we could do worse than Odoi and Ream, but still lets hope Mawson or MLM are coming back. MLM is a much better player than people give credit for, very few teams in the championship have a bench CB as good as him even if he isn't the best starter.

res

Quote from: grandad on March 01, 2020, 09:18:57 PM
Any more injuries to our remaining back 4 will really screw us. We only have Sess as back up. If Ream or Hector get injured we may have to resort to playing K Mac as a CB.

Opuko is tall, was part of the first team pre season training, and is out on loan at Accrington...but no idea if we can recall him and whether he could fit in for a couple of games in an emergency. Mundle-Smith, (another tallish centre back) is on loan at Maidenhead along with Ashley-Hammond (playing alongside ex Fulham players Smile and Sheckleford)..again he could fit in for a couple of games especially if we secure guaranteed play off place and need to rest a couple of players.

Bassey the warrior

We've been really unlucky with Kongolo, who played quite well against Man City. It could be a good move that we signed Reed and Arter, as McDonald can play in defence if needed.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 02, 2020, 04:58:20 AM

I hope we aren't suggesting KMac and Ream as a centre back partnership, especially if the other team has speed upfront. I really think we could do worse than Odoi and Ream, but still lets hope Mawson or MLM are coming back. MLM is a much better player than people give credit for, very few teams in the championship have a bench CB as good as him even if he isn't the best starter.

I was thinking more of myself and Kevin Mac, nevertheless I had not so much forgotten about MLM as thought he was still injured.
I would prefer Mawson to partner Hector, as that would be the best pairing in the Championship and beyond.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 02, 2020, 04:58:20 AM

I was thinking Hector and Mac, but only if Ream gets injured. He's played well lately.

Milo

Plan for all positions: Odoi will cover and probably be MOTM contender

love4ffc

Just noticed that Marlon Fossey has been back playing with the U23 since January 17th when they played Everton and lost 2-4.  He has played in their last 6 matches and has played both LB and RB. 

If it comes down to it, perhaps he can at least be on the bench in a pinch. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Carborundum

Suspect we probably will see KMaC at CB before this season is out.  And not especially worried about it.   He's a natural for the position and the way we want CBs to play. 

Did anyone else see Hector in a retreating foot race during Saturday's game?  He was spectacularly, almost laughably slow.  KMaC would be faster.  But it doesn't matter especially much, it's taken me many games of watching Hector shine to discover how slow he is.  Positioning, bravery, communication and thinking like a CB is what really matters.  KMaC can do all that, admittedly not as well as Hector, but who in this league can?  Not many.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Carborundum on March 02, 2020, 06:39:48 PM
Suspect we probably will see KMaC at CB before this season is out.  And not especially worried about it.   He's a natural for the position and the way we want CBs to play. 

Did anyone else see Hector in a retreating foot race during Saturday's game?  He was spectacularly, almost laughably slow.  KMaC would be faster.  But it doesn't matter especially much, it's taken me many games of watching Hector shine to discover how slow he is.  Positioning, bravery, communication and thinking like a CB is what really matters.  KMaC can do all that, admittedly not as well as Hector, but who in this league can?  Not many.

Hangeland wasn't that quick.