watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Sky subscrpition

Started by sunburywhite, April 30, 2020, 07:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Have had full package down to something like £42 for a few years now, little ba5tards sent me an e mail in Feb as contaract was finishing saying Sky sports was now £6 and I needed to do nothing
lo and behold because my contract finished (in spite of my rolling it over the last time) this one didnt roll and they upped it to £64 and if I hadnt spotted it then it was going to be £74 next month

Went on line and told them to poke it and cancelled the contract

About 4 days later I get an e mail with a new offer of everything I currently have on a package called Sky Signature  for £15, Cinema for £5 and all sports for £10 plus HD for £1 so now I could be paying £31
Plus I can cancel sports while they dont have any so only pay £21

Should I take it?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Terrible the way these big organisations treat us, they have to be watched all of the time. However who wants to have to check up on all of these things regularly every month.

Montague

Quote from: sunburywhite on April 30, 2020, 07:52:07 PM
Have had full package down to something like £42 for a few years now, little ba5tards sent me an e mail in Feb as contaract was finishing saying Sky sports was now £6 and I needed to do nothing
lo and behold because my contract finished (in spite of my rolling it over the last time) this one didnt roll and they upped it to £64 and if I hadnt spotted it then it was going to be £74 next month

Went on line and told them to poke it and cancelled the contract

About 4 days later I get an e mail with a new offer of everything I currently have on a package called Sky Signature  for £15, Cinema for £5 and all sports for £10 plus HD for £1 so now I could be paying £31
Plus I can cancel sports while they dont have any so only pay £21

Should I take it?

If you really want sky then might be worth pushing it a bit further - Parents used to have a sky package with football movies etc and wanted to cancel it - ended up getting it free for over a year or so - sky just kept giving it to them for free for 3 months to reconsider and at the end of the 3 months parents would say they wanted to cancel - sky would give free again (for three months) - did this dance for well over a year.

Was told by a friend in the industry that Sky had to have so many subscriptions to keep a tiered advertising revenue rate up (what they charge advertisers) and if their subscription to certain channels fell by a certain amount then their advertising revenue loss was more than giving the 'free' subscriptions away. So for sky it was a business decision to give a number of accounts away for free.

Personally have gone down the IPTV route