News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst case Fulham scenario, could this happen ?

Started by Riversider, March 16, 2020, 10:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Quote from: Andy S on March 16, 2020, 11:59:25 AM
Let's wait and see. All business will suffer the longer this goes on. As for swapping car making for ventilators what a joke it would take months to do and a lot of parts come from abroad. As we are out of Europe we will be bottom of the list for them

Looks like Dyson and JCB factories are changing production to produce ventilators,  wow, so it is possible,  who would have thought it.

gang

They will also make gigantic vacuum cleaners.

Carborundum

I drive a beat up car....never cared much about them other than as a means of getting from A to B.  Flying's novelty wore off many years ago and so I fly when work demands it.  But football, that's different.  I'll still want to do that until the day I can no longer haul my bones to the ground.  So the investment in the new stand seems no more or less sensible that it was before the pandemic.  Which is to say it's still a vanity play with little financial logic underpinning it, but all rather fun if you have the riches of Croesus.

If football were like other industries it would not have become what it is.

Yamus

It would be a nice gesture for the first team to volunteer a wage cut

Statto

Quote from: gang on March 16, 2020, 08:37:14 PM
Quote from: Statto on March 16, 2020, 08:28:37 PM
I think those companies being asked to retool and make ventilators are expected to (and I expect many will) do so for free, out of compassion, rather than seeing it as an opportunity to make some money

Really?

Reported today that Dyson is indeed being paid by the NHS for 10,000, but the company doesn't expect to make a profit, and they're throwing in an extra 1,000 paid for by Mr Dyson

toshes mate

Quote from: Riversider on March 26, 2020, 01:11:00 PM
Quote from: Andy S on March 16, 2020, 11:59:25 AM
Let's wait and see. All business will suffer the longer this goes on. As for swapping car making for ventilators what a joke it would take months to do and a lot of parts come from abroad. As we are out of Europe we will be bottom of the list for them

Looks like Dyson and JCB factories are changing production to produce ventilators,  wow, so it is possible,  who would have thought it.
Formula One racing companies have also been retooling for ventilators and have very versatile machinery which is easily adapted to something new.