watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Emotional or what?

Started by bog, March 27, 2020, 08:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

How humbling and emotional was the mass clapping of appreciation at 8pm last night? As usual the supposed 'ordinary people' trying to keep the country going. Gives us some idea of the last war and those called 'to do their duty'. Very proud of them all.   :54: :54: :54:

092.gif

WhiteJC

Dr Know

I do it everyday, don't need someone to tell me to do it at a certain time on a certain day !

KingofCheese

Quote from: Dr Know on March 27, 2020, 10:12:50 AM
I do it everyday, don't need someone to tell me to do it at a certain time on a certain day !

No one was telling you to "do it" anymore that people are telling you to watch football at 3pm on a Saturday - it was just organised that way. Feel free to not do it.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Twig

Quote from: Dr Know on March 27, 2020, 10:12:50 AM

Why the belligerent response?  It was a mass show of appreciation in public.  Good for you if you applaud the NHS literally every day, can't honestly day I do and neither do I know anyone else who does, so you are pretty remarkable.

Dr Know

Exactly my point , shouldn't be on just one day . I have 100% respect for the nhs, but why wait till now to show our support . They are under extreme pressure 24 / 7 . No need for the sarcasm re me applauding them either !

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on March 27, 2020, 08:30:08 AM
How humbling and emotional was the mass clapping of appreciation at 8pm last night? As usual the supposed 'ordinary people' trying to keep the country going. Gives us some idea of the last war and those called 'to do their duty'. Very proud of them all.   :54: :54: :54:

092.gif

Heartily agree Captain
Sounded quite wonderful near us...... only problem was when do we finish? It was solved for us after about five minutes when a voice worthy of a town crier bellowed Hip hip hoorah and the resultant cheers finished things nicely.
God bless them all x
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SP

This really is a tough time for the NHS, they've now been offered free tickets to watch Reading.