watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anybody else in self isolation?

Started by davew, March 17, 2020, 09:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Agree with advice to keep up the gin, Dave.

Slaphead in Qatar

Hope your wife gets better.

In Qatar gyms, cinemas, restaurants closed - so basically nothing to do!!!!!!

Oh and my wife  has gone into self imposed self isolation - she is not leaving the flat for 14 days even though she has no symptoms

ByTheRiver

grandad

Best wishes to you & your wife from lockdown Spain.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Matt10

Best wishes to you and your wife, Dave, mate. Here for you if you need. I played virtual golf earlier if you want to watch :) .

davew

Thanks to all of you who have replied since my last posting, fingers crossed she seems ok at the moment, apart from keep moaning at me, if she stops doing that then I will become worried!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

yatewhite

Hi Dave. Yes, I'm also in self-isolation, suffering from fever and dry cough. It may not be a much help but I though I'd just let you know that I too have been given the same advice, ie. do nothing more unless my symptoms deteriorate or unless I start to get breathing problems. If breathing becomes difficult then use 111 immediately. It's frustrating not being able to actually find out if I have the virus or not!
Anyway, very best wishes and hope your wife gets well soon.

bog

Good luck to you both Dave. We will all be thinking of you both. 

Twig

Just wanted to add my hopes for a full recovery Dave. And also to FulhamFan's parents and any others who are poorly right now.

davew

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 18, 2020, 08:59:56 AM
Is it the virus Dave,or a bad batch of
your homebrew...😁

It all started when he visited your shed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Yup.

But I'm 52, single (daughter lives with my ex) and I've always been in front of a computer for most of the day.

I miss playing pool, but I'm ok making this sacrifice. 

Playing video games, cleaning my place cleaner than I've ever done...threw away old clothes...

Only places I've been in the past week were  1)grocery store 2)my work...for 15 minutes 3) laundry...which I did today.

Doing my part.   If I get Corona it's not that big a deal to me, but I'd feel like crap if I got anyone else sick because I couldn't keep myself away from people for a few months.

RaySmith

Over 70, so meant to keep myself out of the way. fortunately my wife is a bit younger.

Actually, I didn't go out that much anyway. Well, running and cycling - usually at times, and in places - which i can easily access here, where  there are few, if any, people about.

I intend to keep doing these things. I'd go crazy if i couldn't, though I do have a treadmill and turbo trainer, so I don't need to go out to exercise, but  better to do so if I can, I don't see why not, since i'm  hardly coming into close contact with people.

Events i have been training for - the Tour de Yorkshire cycle sportive, and a local pool based triathlon, have now been cancelled - so at least i won't have that dilemma of taking part when I'm supposed to lock myself away would -i now be allowed to?

Just began going back to the swimming bath, because of the triathlon, but that has now been closed, as have  cinemas and theatres, which I've recently begun going to with my  wife.

If I can do my exercise then i should be all right. Bit worried about food shortages - entirely due to panic stockpiling! But we are trying to stand back from it all, and  not give into the prevailing panic. Best to avoid 5 Live, which i used to listen  to all the time, at the moment - and news media generally, in fact, otherwise you start  feeling you're in some dystopian sci-fi film or novel.

Reading  the Russian, in translation,  novel, Stalingrad at the moment, by VassillyGgrossman,  who was there as a war reporter, makes me feel more positive  - reading about people  coping with far greater adversity than we are at the moment.

We will get through this, and will soon be back at the Cottage or listening to GJ.

Grumpy Worthing White

I`ve had this damn cough that keeps a coming and a going, must have caught the weekend after Christmas, a load of Eastern Euro`s piled on the train at Gatwick (they were all coughing and spluttering around me) as I was on the way to watch Whyteleafe vAshford Utd, 4 day`s later  I got this real bad cough ,sore throat, runny nose, legs felt like jelly et,etc. I`m trying to avoid the human race at the moment by self isolating as much as possible, even called a trip off to see my folk`s in the frozen north. Stay safe everyone  092.gif 049:gif

bog

As with Ray Smith I am mid 70's and my wife is 10 years younger. We are just keeping out of the way as much as possible. Very worrying times. 

Have to offer something my 8 year old granddaughter, one of twins said. My daughter had explained why we wouldn't be able to see them for a while, she had worked out the possible consequences and promptly said 'If nanny and granddad die I am going to sit by their grave for the rest of my life...' 

092.gif   

Good luck to everyone.

toshes mate

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on March 19, 2020, 04:41:28 AM
Doing my part.   If I get Corona it's not that big a deal to me, but I'd feel like crap if I got anyone else sick because I couldn't keep myself away from people for a few months.
Wise words which I am following too.

toshes mate

Lovely little epithet from your granddaughter, bog.

HV71

Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery Dave and that you also stay well.
Your post has also flushed out some serious cases of cradle snatching in previous years. Clearly there was a lot of " carrying on " in Walmington - on - Sea ( no wonder you are always so positive Ray )

davew

Quote from: HV71 on March 19, 2020, 09:07:01 AM
Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery Dave and that you also stay well.
Your post has also flushed out some serious cases of cradle snatching in previous years. Clearly there was a lot of " carrying on " in Walmington - on - Sea ( no wonder you are always so positive Ray )
Thanks

Burt

All the best to you and yours Dave.

I'm in lockdown - developed an intermittent cough and a slight sore throat over the weekend, then got walloped with a fever a couple of days ago and was told to self-isolate. With the help of paracetamol my temperature is more or less back to usual now, still got the cough and sore throat though.

Of course I can't take a test to see whether this is a cold or a mild form of coronavirus because I'm not hospitalized.

Mrs. Burt is a GP, and because of my situation she has also been told to self-isolate, that's three GPs from her practice who are off. And yet I may only have a cold, and she may have nothing, and yet it's another key worker out of action because of the lack of testing.