more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anybody else in self isolation?

Started by davew, March 17, 2020, 09:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john dempsey

if mrs. burt was in prison they would rush her to hospital
to make sure she was ok. funny old world. hope you feel better soon.

GloucesterWhite

76 next month and fit as a butcher's dog. My wife, who is 18 years younger than me says we are too young to retire, so we have an online business which means working from home anyway and keeps us busy for half the day - or used to, so many people have stopped buying. We live a couple of miles from Ironbridge and used to spend afternoons walking along the river, but that suffered so badly in the flooding we haven't been able to visit for weeks, and now the virus is trying to kill off the cafes and businesses that managed to survive the flooding.

Main problem is our kids won't visit for the best of reasons - too scared of making us ill. We had our first grandchild 3 months ago and we can't see her - she's probably already forgotten Granny and Grumpy.

Not too worried about my health. The local hospital is practically empty in preparation for an influx of patients, so the best time to get the virus if it going to strike is probably now.

Keep safe everyone.

alfie

Due to my COPD, I am avoiding people, for my wife to get shopping I drive her then I stay in car, problem my mot runs out in couple of days, do I risk going to get it done?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: alfie on March 19, 2020, 04:40:02 PM
Due to my COPD, I am avoiding people, for my wife to get shopping I drive her then I stay in car, problem my mot runs out in couple of days, do I risk going to get it done?

I thought of staying in the car while my wife shops, but decided that she would then be at risk and, if she caught it, she would then pass it to me. So decided it was a bit pointless.

Forever Fulham

Over 60, contracted pneumonia twice before, had a cancer scare too.  I hit the trifecta for likely dying if I get this virus.  Luckily, my employer now has us all working from home.  It freaks out the dog who won't leave my side.  And my wife keeps invading my little work space area wanting to talk and get me to do nonwork-related stuff.  Sigh.  Can't blame her of course.

john dempsey

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 19, 2020, 03:09:57 PM
76 next month and fit as a butcher's dog. My wife, who is 18 years younger than me says we are too young to retire, so we have an online business which means working from home anyway and keeps us busy for half the day - or used to, so many people have stopped buying. We live a couple of miles from Ironbridge and used to spend afternoons walking along the river, but that suffered so badly in the flooding we haven't been able to visit for weeks, and now the virus is trying to kill off the cafes and businesses that managed to survive the flooding.

Main problem is our kids won't visit for the best of reasons - too scared of making us ill. We had our first grandchild 3 months ago and we can't see her - she's probably already forgotten Granny and Grumpy.

Not too worried about my health. The local hospital is practically empty in preparation for an influx of patients, so the best time to get the virus if it going to strike is probably now.

Keep safe everyone.
if you have the ability to post a photo of your new grandchild
please do it as it will cheer all of us up,
had enough of all this S%%t. xxx to you and your family

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: john dempsey on March 19, 2020, 07:53:31 PM

Keep safe everyone.

Not sure if this will work, but here goes...

Reading Winnie the Pooh with Daddy

flyingfish

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 19, 2020, 08:14:38 PM
Quote from: john dempsey on March 19, 2020, 07:53:31 PM

Keep safe everyone.

Not sure if this will work, but here goes...

Reading Winnie the Pooh with Daddy

Amazing. All the very best.

Fulham 442

Really cute baby GW. What is her name? I know she's only very young atm but you could do FaceTime with your family so your face becomes familiar. I do that with mine, and even if she's not feeling chatty, she is 2, it's always lovely to see her.  All the best to you and yours and to all the Fulham family at this difficult time.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 20, 2020, 06:42:31 AM
Really cute baby GW. What is her name? I know she's only very young atm but you could do FaceTime with your family so your face becomes familiar. I do that with mine, and even if she's not feeling chatty, she is 2, it's always lovely to see her.  All the best to you and yours and to all the Fulham family at this difficult time.
Thanks 442. Her name is Keira Rose. She is so calm, only cries when she is hungry. I asked my wife why we couldn't have had one like that!

bog

Their aint nothing like grandchildren. Your whole life will change. Mine did. Enjoy every second as they grow up far too quickly.  Seems only yesterday my daughter's twin girls were born an they are now 8.

Good luck Keira Rose.

092.gif

Dodgin

Three of my grandchildren are in lockdown for twelve weeks with their parents on the advice of their consultant,  though all are well they have an underlying condition which has to be monitored. My son had taken them out of school the day before. This is a big relief for myself and the rest of the family. I am hibernating with my wife as I have heart issues. I just look forward to the day, when we can all be together again and we will.

john dempsey

bobbo

Yesof course get it done but take all the precautions when you get back in it. I.e. Use sanitiser or wipes on all the things you touch. The sooner boris makes it compulsory to abide by his advice the better.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: bobbo on March 22, 2020, 01:51:51 PM

Yesof course get it done but take all the precautions when you get back in it. I.e. Use sanitiser or wipes on all the things you touch. The sooner boris makes it compulsory to abide by his advice the better.

Don't worry about the MOT, updates have been suspended for 3 months.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 22, 2020, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: bobbo on March 22, 2020, 01:51:51 PM

Is that true?  The gov.uk web site doesn't say quite that.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-lorries-buses-and-trailers
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 22, 2020, 04:49:24 PM

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 22, 2020, 05:13:22 PM
Is that true?  The gov.uk web site doesn't say quite that.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-lorries-buses-and-trailers

Don't know if it's true or not but one of my clients is an AutoCentre chain and apparently March has thus far been their best ever month of business. Database has been crashing  :022:

jarv

Me,   Have flu like symptoms but not as described by the experts.  Temperature is normal and no coughing.  Hope it goes away.

love4ffc

Quote from: jarv on March 22, 2020, 09:54:04 PM
Me,   Have flu like symptoms but not as described by the experts.  Temperature is normal and no coughing.  Hope it goes away.

Get ell sir.   :wine:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?