Anybody else in self isolation?

Started by davew, March 17, 2020, 09:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 22, 2020, 05:13:22 PM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 22, 2020, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: bobbo on March 22, 2020, 01:51:51 PM
Quote from: alfie on March 19, 2020, 04:40:02 PM
Due to my COPD, I am avoiding people, for my wife to get shopping I drive her then I stay in car, problem my mot runs out in couple of days, do I risk going to get it done?

Yesof course get it done but take all the precautions when you get back in it. I.e. Use sanitiser or wipes on all the things you touch. The sooner boris makes it compulsory to abide by his advice the better.

Don't worry about the MOT, updates have been suspended for 3 months.
Is that true?  The gov.uk web site doesn't say quite that.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-lorries-buses-and-trailers
Sorry, my wife told me that. But it looks as though it applies only to HGVs. However, with a complete lockdown days away it is only a matter of time before MOTs will be probably be suspended for cars too.

Carborundum

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 23, 2020, 08:37:32 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 22, 2020, 05:13:22 PM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 22, 2020, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: bobbo on March 22, 2020, 01:51:51 PM
Quote from: alfie on March 19, 2020, 04:40:02 PM
Due to my COPD, I am avoiding people, for my wife to get shopping I drive her then I stay in car, problem my mot runs out in couple of days, do I risk going to get it done?

Yesof course get it done but take all the precautions when you get back in it. I.e. Use sanitiser or wipes on all the things you touch. The sooner boris makes it compulsory to abide by his advice the better.

Don't worry about the MOT, updates have been suspended for 3 months.
Is that true?  The gov.uk web site doesn't say quite that.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-lorries-buses-and-trailers
Sorry, my wife told me that. But it looks as though it applies only to HGVs. However, with a complete lockdown days away it is only a matter of time before MOTs will be probably be suspended for cars too.
As luck would have it my car was booked in for an MOT today.  The garage called me at 7.20am confirmed it was going ahead and off I went.  All done just a couple of new wiper blades needed.  Social distancing respected throughout. 

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tonywa

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2020, 09:14:34 PM
Yes another Covid 19 thread, sorry, my Mrs (aged over 70) has not been very well for the past 3 to 4 days and is staying indoors as I am (nothing else to do). No idea if she has the virus or not, Government advice suggested that cases like hers is that she doesn´t contact our GP or phone 111, no test required until presumably she becomes more poorly, at which stage maybe too late, surely there must be an alternative solution? Anybody else in a similar situation?

Take care. Hope your Mrs. recovers very soon.  All the best.