watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Settling this Season

Started by Montague, March 17, 2020, 11:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montague

In the event that the season can't be completed how about the following?

How about deciding the outcome of the Premiership, Championship, other leagues and European competitions on the toss of a coin?
For those that think this is crazy maybe they want look up the 1968 European Championship Semi Final or the 1964-65 European Cup Quarter Final

How I think this could this work?

•   Each club nominate one person to call the coin toss (Chairman, Manager or Player etc)
•   Each club is set up with a remote video link (so they are 'isolated' and don't contravene the social gathering risk)
•   On the day the original fixture is to take place the league hold a 'virtual' match day.
•   The two teams that are to 'play' each other decide the result (win, loss or draw) on the toss of a coin.
•   Referee in league headquarters officiates the coin toss.
•   Televised event.

The detail

The 'match' is decided on four coin tosses.
The home team calls the first toss (calls alternate – away and home teams)
Referee tosses coin – the first team to win three rounds wins the match and is awarded 3 points
if it's a draw (two correct calls each) then each team is awarded one point.

Can be televised and each 'match' shown in sequence – would probably be quite exciting to watch and you could see 'live' how the table changes.

Would be a fair way of settling existing fixtures – for the Championship etc, playoffs could be decided the same way.
Would keep some betting activity going
Would keep football pools activity going (draw is classed as a score draw)
Everyone in the 'critical' positions has equal chance of being promoted / relegated.
Season would end on time
Fans would have something to watch and keep an interest in.

Coin toss event would happen on the date that the game would have been originally played (so that if the season restarts at some point football can commence as normal with remaining fixtures played as normal but the coin toss results stand)

What do you all think?

Do I win a prize! can I have the tv rights!!  :wine:

MikeTheCubed

Many referees are experienced tossers.  :dft012:

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

cookieg

sunburywhite

I can seee why you have only posted 9 times
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

davew

Quote from: grandad on March 17, 2020, 11:51:41 AM
What a tosser OP.
+1 and obviously not drinking the same wine as I (and others on here) do.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: sunburywhite on March 17, 2020, 06:55:14 PM
I can seee why you have only posted 9 times
Follow up to 3 times a lady and 9 times a w---er! Could reach number 1!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Montague on March 17, 2020, 11:06:00 AM
In the event that the season can't be completed how about the following?

How about deciding the outcome of the Premiership, Championship, other leagues and European competitions on the toss of a coin?
For those that think this is crazy maybe they want look up the 1968 European Championship Semi Final or the 1964-65 European Cup Quarter Final

How I think this could this work?

•   Each club nominate one person to call the coin toss (Chairman, Manager or Player etc)
•   Each club is set up with a remote video link (so they are 'isolated' and don't contravene the social gathering risk)
•   On the day the original fixture is to take place the league hold a 'virtual' match day.
•   The two teams that are to 'play' each other decide the result (win, loss or draw) on the toss of a coin.
•   Referee in league headquarters officiates the coin toss.
•   Televised event.

The detail

The 'match' is decided on four coin tosses.
The home team calls the first toss (calls alternate – away and home teams)
Referee tosses coin – the first team to win three rounds wins the match and is awarded 3 points
if it's a draw (two correct calls each) then each team is awarded one point.

Can be televised and each 'match' shown in sequence – would probably be quite exciting to watch and you could see 'live' how the table changes.

Would be a fair way of settling existing fixtures – for the Championship etc, playoffs could be decided the same way.
Would keep some betting activity going
Would keep football pools activity going (draw is classed as a score draw)
Everyone in the 'critical' positions has equal chance of being promoted / relegated.
Season would end on time
Fans would have something to watch and keep an interest in.

Coin toss event would happen on the date that the game would have been originally played (so that if the season restarts at some point football can commence as normal with remaining fixtures played as normal but the coin toss results stand)

What do you all think?

Do I win a prize! can I have the tv rights!!  :wine:

Hmmm, I am not sure if you are aware that this game is not tiddlywinks where you throw a dice for numbers 1️⃣ to 6️⃣, and may I remind you that the toss of a coin only signifies choice of ends or ko prior to the commencement of an Association Football Match.
However, you do win a Booby prize and an appointment with a Vet for a check up from the neck up.
Please do not take offence, but this suggestion is bordering on insanity of Biblical Proportions.
My recommendation for you is to hire a fully qualified Psychiatrist to lay you on a couch and carry a full scan of your brain to identify why you are showing the early signs of seriously losing the plot.
The good news is that there isn't any more bad news, and with the correct treatment you could make a full recovery.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

https://youtu.be/jLOTAJQF0Fo

'From the CD Scott Walker

The little clock's stopped ticking now
We're swallowed in the stomached rue
The only sound to tear the night
Comes from the man upstairs

His bloated belching figure stomps
He may crash through the ceiling soon
The window sees trees cry from cold