watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

any suggestions...

Started by WhiteJC, March 21, 2020, 05:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

for TV box sets now that we'll all have some "free" time to fill?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

My garden has never looked so tidy in March and having had some bushes pruned last month I have big gaps to fill in a new layout.. The problem is that I have no intention of going to the garden centre!
Too many chances are being taken and it will only prolong the agony for us all.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Sorry my response has nothing to do with your request!

bog

Have you watched This Country on BBC3? With my wife we found this hilarious.  And the main male character is Fulham supporter!

092.gif

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: bog on March 21, 2020, 05:37:51 PM
Have you watched This Country on BBC3? With my wife we found this hilarious.  And the main male character is Fulham supporter!

092.gif

Ahh, didn't know he was a Fulham Supporter,.might give that a go..

I have been getting into chess, for the first time in my life, some good apps to.play with (Magnus Carlson and Chess.com and YouTube videos about to learn from)

f321ffc

Been watching Luther on iplayer brilliant series.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

SuffolkWhite

Band of Brothers, great watch.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

davew

Best of them all, Game of Thrones! Gutted that after moving I had to have a Sky Q box and lost the whole lot from my Sky HD box, no way to transfer them.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

WhiteJC

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 21, 2020, 05:29:20 PM
Sorry my response has nothing to do with your request!

no problem, when it stops raining I'll be outside myself

sunburywhite

Out of Town

Jack Hargreavesn
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Logicalman

We've been re-watching the complete series of Better Call Saul, and Breaking Bad, with the intent to watch the movie El Camino (Jessie).

Already gone through OFAH, Sweeney & Darling Buds. Planning on breaking out Kavanagh QC at some stage as well as committing Rumpole to a binge watch, if the panic persists well into April.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

I Ronic

El  Camino is excellent. If you have Netflix two films I'd happily watch again are "Inside Man" and "Man on a ledge" both crime films with excellent twists along the way.
"The Two Popes" which sounds like a Morecambe and Wise sketch is brilliantly acted by Johnathan Pryce and Anthony Hopkins and "At Eternity's Gate" a film about the last few months of Vincent Van Gogh's life. Again brilliantly acted this time by Willem Dafoe.

Milo

Quote from: f321ffc on March 21, 2020, 06:21:40 PM
Been watching Luther on iplayer brilliant series.

Great show. I love the two part Jack the Ripper episodes in the early seasons. Tailed off towards season 3 if I remember correctly. Picked up in the last season but ended disappointingly in my opinion!

Milo

Quote from: Logicalman on March 21, 2020, 08:10:38 PM
We've been re-watching the complete series of Better Call Saul, and Breaking Bad, with the intent to watch the movie El Camino (Jessie).

Already gone through OFAH, Sweeney & Darling Buds. Planning on breaking out Kavanagh QC at some stage as well as committing Rumpole to a binge watch, if the panic persists well into April.

Been catching up with latest season of Better Call Saul. Really starting to pick up isn't it! Love the BB characters all re-appearing and the scenes with Mike etc.

I must admit the girlfriend of Saul really irritates me and can't wait for her to meet a grisly end! She surely can't hang around long as she was never in BB..

SP

Love This Country, also Mrs Fletcher was something different.

HobGoblin

I enjoyed both Doom Patrol and Hunters on Amazon Prime.

Logicalman

Its great to see the varied TV shows we each watch, with a bunch of overlaps as well. Getting some good tips on 'new' series and movies to look for on the various platforms.

Quote from: Milo on March 21, 2020, 08:55:21 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on March 21, 2020, 08:10:38 PM

Been catching up with latest season of Better Call Saul. Really starting to pick up isn't it! Love the BB characters all re-appearing and the scenes with Mike etc.

I must admit the girlfriend of Saul really irritates me and can't wait for her to meet a grisly end! She surely can't hang around long as she was never in BB..

Ahh, Rhea Seehorn, I know what you mean,, though she just adds well to the confusion that is Saul Goodman (sorry, Gene Takavic). It does get a tad confusing when watching series made after the end of the series that was chronologically later though.

Quote from: I Ronic on March 21, 2020, 08:52:19 PM
El  Camino is excellent. If you have Netflix two films I'd happily watch again are "Inside Man" and "Man on a ledge" both crime films with excellent twists along the way.
"The Two Popes" which sounds like a Morecambe and Wise sketch is brilliantly acted by Johnathan Pryce and Anthony Hopkins and "At Eternity's Gate" a film about the last few months of Vincent Van Gogh's life. Again brilliantly acted this time by Willem Dafoe.

Just finished watching El Camino, and it does a lot of credit to the original series. Amazing how they reconstructed the sets and even clothing, from the end of BB that was 6 years earlier!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

RaySmith

Better Call Saul is absolutely brilliant, one of my favourites.

I really like Rhea Seehorn as Saul's girlfriend, though- a really nuanced performance, she seems like a real, conflicted person. Saul's lucky to have her, but for how much longer?

Everything about this series is great imo.

RaySmith

The Wire and The Sopranos, both classics, the best -  you must see them if you haven't already, though you probably have.
Mad Men's also up there.

Homecoming on Chanel4, just on its last series, has been pretty good all through, forget the critics,  really has its finger on modern, political times I think.

The Americans, on ITV , dvd and Amazon Prime - now  that's definitely one of my favourites, an underrated, in this country anyway, must see. Loved this.

And Breaking Bad, of course, the  forerunner to Better Call Saul, which is gradually, intriguingly, moving towards it, with minor  characters being introduced, though Saul himself was  a fairly minor character I suppose. How far will they go? A treat in store if you haven't seen it.

Mince n Tatties

The wife and I watched the first 4 episodes last night,there's (20 in all) of the brilliant Danish series "The Killing".
Superb acting by them all,shall watch a few more episodes today,even though we've seen it all before its still great to watch.
After we've watched it through,it might be either "Taboo" with Tom Hardy, or Father Ted Box set.
"Ah go on go on go on"