more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

any suggestions...

Started by WhiteJC, March 21, 2020, 05:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 22, 2020, 06:40:51 AM
The wife and I watched the first 4 episodes last night,there's (20 in all) of the brilliant Danish series "The Killing".
Superb acting by them all,shall watch a few more episodes today,even though we've seen it all before its still great to watch.
After we've watched it through,it might be either "Taboo" with Tom Hardy, or Father Ted Box set.
"Ah go on go on go on"

The Killing I excellent. If you're enjoying that, would hugely recommend Danish/Swedish (co-production) The Bridge (Broen).

My recommended list for everyone who hasn't seen them (not included those already covered here of which there are a few top shouts).

The Bridge (as above, Danish/Swedish crime drama)

Trapped (Icelandic crime drama)

Narcos - Netflix. Rise of Pablo Escobar/drug cartels.

Narcos Mexico (as above but moved on to Mexico for later series).

Dark - Netflix. German, crime/sci-fi/bit of everything drama. Very good!

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Cravenette on March 25, 2020, 01:28:37 PM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on March 21, 2020, 06:09:11 PM
Quote from: bog on March 21, 2020, 05:37:51 PM
Have you watched This Country on BBC3? With my wife we found this hilarious.  And the main male character is Fulham supporter!

092.gif

Ahh, didn't know he was a Fulham Supporter,.might give that a go..

I have been getting into chess, for the first time in my life, some good apps to.play with (Magnus Carlson and Chess.com and YouTube videos about to learn from)

This Country is brilliant. To clarify Charlie Cooper the actor who plays Kurt is a massive Fulham supporter. The characters support Swindon
This Country is superb in a quiet an subtle way.
The Vicar is an underrated foil for other characters.

Peabody

Just started watching Designated Survivor on Netflix, looks promising. It's about time they made Jack Bauer President

WhiteJC

Quote from: Peabody on March 27, 2020, 04:38:18 PM
Just started watching Designated Survivor on Netflix, looks promising. It's about time they made Jack Bauer President

the first series was good, 2nd Ok the rest so so

FFC1987

I'd recommend The Boys on Amazon. Based on comics. It's Avengers if all the super heroes were treated as marketing commodities and were all pretty much corrupt douches in varying degrees.

I wouldn't recommend 'You' on Netflix....nearly finished it and annoyed we started it.

I've heard Altered Carbon is very good. That will be my next watch.

If you fancy Horror, House on Haunted Hill was good.