watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Golf

Started by davew, March 21, 2020, 07:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Currently golf courses in the UK are open though many if not all have shut the club houses (certainly for meals and drinks) some are offering take away meals. Thankfully the Mrs is better now and not self isolating anymore , so I have been exploring where I could go abroad to play golf, Spain had already shut their courses and now Portugal have done the same, what is the situation in countries that some of you might be living in or currently working in?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Logicalman

Forget North America, Level 4 travel advisory (aka international ban) declared 2 days ago. If we leave here to go abroad we might not be permitted to return until the all clear! Yep, they're serious I guess.  :023:

On the bright side, it's cheap flights time!  :003:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

davew

Quote from: Logicalman on March 21, 2020, 08:14:58 PM
Forget North America, Level 4 travel advisory (aka international ban) declared 2 days ago. If we leave here to go abroad we might not be permitted to return until the all clear! Yep, they're serious I guess.  :023:

On the bright side, it's cheap flights time!  :003:
Thanks, any other suggestions?

jarv

Played golf twice in the last week.  (in usa). Flights booked for May to London but gutted because I will not make it now. Had a month of activity planned, cant risk not getting back into the country. Hope to reschedule for next football season, cmon Fulham.

kiwian

Courses are open here in NZ, 14 days of self isolation on arrival required!
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

davew

Quote from: kiwian on March 22, 2020, 09:59:54 PM
Courses are open here in NZ, 14 days of self isolation on arrival required!
Thanks, any practise facitilies available?

Woolly Mammoth

davew, Golf is organised loafing, it's the only sport where you actually put on weight while you are playing.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 22, 2020, 10:08:30 PM
davew, Golf is organised loafing, it's the only sport where you actually put on weight while you are playing.
Maybe, but keeps me away from the drinks cabinet for 4 to 5 hours and with clubhouses not able to serve drinks,  I think I will actually be losing weight and saving money.

The Swan

I play at a private course in Northampton. Up until this week we could play but were unable to meet after the round.
We have just been informed that the course will close for at least three months.
We normally play on Saturday morning( except when Fulham are playing at home)
We have been promised three months free golf at the end of this year.
I know that a lot of people are losing their jobs so we can't complain about this decision.
The Swan

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Our club initially planned to close all changing, bar, social facilities etc but keep the course open on the basis it offers exercise opportunity.  However the Board have now decided it must close.  Given the nice weather it's a real shame. Looking on the bright side I guess the courses will all be in incredible condition when we can return.

bobbo

It'll be a housing estate when you go back. They're sneaky these golf clubs.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Whitesideup

Quote from: Twig on March 24, 2020, 10:12:26 PM
Our club initially planned to close all changing, bar, social facilities etc but keep the course open on the basis it offers exercise opportunity.  However the Board have now decided it must close.  Given the nice weather it's a real shame. Looking on the bright side I guess the courses will all be in incredible condition when we can return.
That's if the greenkeepers are allowed to work. There should be no reason why they have to be within 100 metres of another member of staff, let alone 2, but the ban on non-essential work may be applied to all.

WhiteJC

Quote from: bobbo on March 25, 2020, 11:48:34 AM
It'll be a housing estate when you go back. They're sneaky these golf clubs.

064.gif

crazy golf instead?

Twig

Quote from: Whitesideup on March 25, 2020, 01:48:06 PM
That's if the greenkeepers are allowed to work. There should be no reason why they have to be within 100 metres of another member of staff, let alone 2, but the ban on non-essential work may be applied to all.

At the moment our Board have said a reduced team of green keepers will work but I agree, who knows what will happen.

The Rational Fan

The more extreme the measures, the shorter the restrictions will last.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 25, 2020, 10:27:58 PM
The more extreme the measures, the shorter the restrictions will last.
Well said T R Fan.
We don't always agree, but I'm with you on this one.👍

kiwian

Courses now closed so practise putting on the carpet, you'll save a fortune on air fares
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

davew

Quote from: kiwian on March 26, 2020, 07:30:54 AM
Courses now closed so practise putting on the carpet, you'll save a fortune on air fares
I have wooden floors!

davew

I think you could be wrong, greenkeepers may well be laid off especially in those clubs that are struggling financially which many of them are.