News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: when all this is over, where will you be going on holiday?

Started by SP, March 21, 2020, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I've been looking forward to another trip to Barcelona & a visit to Espanyol this time with plenty of tapas, beer & sunshine.  It feels along way off, but where are others hoping to get to?

Jimsbeerbelly

Guaranteed one thing, that when this is all over, airlines and holiday firms will absolutely hike up prices!

Milo

St Petersburg and Moscow was the plan before the pandemic killed off all our hopes and dreams.

3 nights in each.

Would also like to go to New York for the first time.

Tragically I'm in my late 20s and have never been to America!

Southcoastffc

We were booked for China in May; changed that in view of developments and booked for Peru instead.  Questionable decision making!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ScalleysDad

we were going to fly in and out of Copenhagen but explore Norway and Sweden by ferries and trains and perhaps a hire car along the way. It is kyboshed now and we hope to get the bulk of our money back if Boris says those immortal words "I forbid you to go" although Easy Jet could be strife by late May anyway. When all this settles down I would still like to do it although as has been suggested prices will be high and I expect some places will be jammed. relatively small and somewhat selfish problem at the moment though.

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

WokingFFC

We are in the final throws of getting our house ready to sell having just bought a large motor-home to go travelling for 3 or 4 years later this year!  :012: :031: :dft004: Just our luck

Southcoastffc

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 21, 2020, 09:38:21 PM
we were going to fly in and out of Copenhagen but explore Norway and Sweden by ferries and trains and perhaps a hire car along the way. It is kyboshed now and we hope to get the bulk of our money back if Boris says those immortal words "I forbid you to go" although Easy Jet could be strife by late May anyway. When all this settles down I would still like to do it although as has been suggested prices will be high and I expect some places will be jammed. relatively small and somewhat selfish problem at the moment though.
re money back, I assume that you have seen this?

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) now advises British people against all non-essential travel worldwide. This advice took effect immediately on 17 March and applies initially for a period of 30 days.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

St Eve

SuffolkWhite

Was going to Thailand  2nd April  so no idea now and hoping for flight money back. Possibly Spain or Greece but as above holidays in the sun will cost the earth now.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

H4usuallysitting

Absolutely nowhere....being self employed, I appear to have been completely overlooked

Roberty

Home

I've been stuck in a London hotel since 07 February and I'm not going to be able to leave anytime soon
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Logicalman

Quote from: SP on March 21, 2020, 08:44:16 PM
I've been looking forward to another trip to Barcelona & a visit to Espanyol this time with plenty of tapas, beer & sunshine.  It feels along way off, but where are others hoping to get to?

We booked to come back to blighty for two weeks in May/June, paid for almost all of it already, but now we have a level 4 travel restriction, we're in the middle of cancelling the bloody lot!

Looks like the airlines will give us a possible credit, and vacation rentals total refunds, but getting time to get back home again might prove a little harder than usual. Likely take a road trip out west and (after watching Breaking Bad, etc) visit the Painted Desert and surrounding area. I've already made the drive from Roswell to Albuquerque, and visited Las Vegas for that area.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

G_Gribby

If it's football again we maybe travel over to London and watch a team called Fulham FC. Otherwise out to the cottage on the island in the Stockholm archipelago.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 21, 2020, 10:01:39 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 21, 2020, 09:38:21 PM
re money back, I assume that you have seen this?

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) now advises British people against all non-essential travel worldwide. This advice took effect immediately on 17 March and applies initially for a period of 30 days.

Yup I saw this. He needs to extend it again from mid April for our cover to kick in. I think airlines closing down might be the tipping point though.It's getting less important now and things are changing for the worse daily. Our local park is being locked up today because people were having barbecues and bench coffee socials in it yesterday. Lockdown imminent I think.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: G_Gribby on March 22, 2020, 07:43:37 AM
If it's football again we maybe travel over to London and watch a team called Fulham FC. Otherwise out to the cottage on the island in the Stockholm archipelago.

I had island hopping around the archipelago on my list. Maybe next year.

snarks

Had booked Jamaica for early July, not sure about that now.

WhiteJC