News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: when all this is over, where will you be going on holiday?

Started by SP, March 21, 2020, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

I Ronic

Just over 20 years ago the firm I was working for were a bit down on orders so asked if those with holiday could take it asap.
The Mrs and I asked the girls 9 and 4 what they'd like to see if we could drive anywhere. They had a little conflab and decided  on Brookside and Spaghetti Junction. So we booked several Travel Lodges
Drove in and around Spaghetti Junction, found a small estate that looked like the set of Brookside (daughter no2 was happy) checked out the sites of Liverpool, all.three.of them. Stayed the first night in Southport and then worked our way up the coast. Made our way up the coast through Preston, Morecombe, the lakes, the fells, Hadrian's Wall, Newcastle and the Angel of the North (just finished). Then down the other side. Hi light for the Mrs was the Lake District for me it was all the really nice people we met and the girls? We asked them when we got back. Another conflab and it was The McDonald's Breakfasts!
Wasn't planning a holiday this year but would like to repeat the idea. This time it will just be me. Destinations will have to have an Art Gallery close by. Hopefully the Country will be getting back on its feet and a few quid from me isn't going.to change much.but it's a start.

davew

Quote from: whitejc on March 22, 2020, 11:21:41 AM
Cornwall
No don´t everybody is coming down here at the moment, the safest place is to stay at home (at least for us living in Cornwall)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: ron on March 22, 2020, 09:12:50 PM
A return trip to Sanity.....
The travel to that place might be oversubscribed, panic buying!

davew

Quote from: Dr Know on March 22, 2020, 11:31:19 AM
Quote from: whitejc on March 22, 2020, 11:21:41 AM
Cornwall
Cornwall for me as well , place called pendeen, between St Ives and Lands End on the north coast road .
Sorry you won´t be welcome either (lol)!

davew

Quote from: love4ffc on March 22, 2020, 05:11:38 PM
A lot of people won't be able to go anywhere since they haven't been able to work and get a pay check. 
Yeah but many have to have something to look forward to, maybe the Governments will provide a financial package for that?

jarv

Booked flights from Boston to London mid May....Off to Scotland for family reunion, back south via a few days in the lake district. A whole month planned, down the swanee now.  Just have to postpone it I guess.

Milo

Quote from: WindyCity on March 22, 2020, 05:09:35 PM
When things have calmed down and it's safe to travel again, I'm gonna take a trip to Torquay, England.  Book a room there.  Hope to see, even just from my room view, Sydney Opera House, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically.  Ideally, Krakatoa won't be erupting during my stay.

Will you have a room with a bath?

WindyCity

Quote from: Milo on March 23, 2020, 12:49:24 AM
When things have calmed down and it's safe to travel again, I'm gonna take a trip to Torquay, England.  Book a room there.  Hope to see, even just from my room view, Sydney Opera House, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically.  Ideally, Krakatoa won't be erupting during my stay.

Oh yes.  But I will insist it at least be big enough to drown a mouse or two......

Berserker

My inlaws in Edinburgh. We were supposed to up for the week last Sunday but cancelled it because of the Virus as they are elderly

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

sarnian

When and I say when this is all over expect some travel bargains by anybody still operating.

Back in the early 90's I got a great deal to Australia as companies were trying to get people to travel after the gulf war.  I would expect the same to happen

G_Gribby

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 22, 2020, 09:56:09 AM
Quote from: G_Gribby on March 22, 2020, 07:43:37 AM
If it's football again we maybe travel over to London and watch a team called Fulham FC. Otherwise out to the cottage on the island in the Stockholm archipelago.

I had island hopping around the archipelago on my list. Maybe next year.

You are then invited. Just let me know when it's happens.

082.gif
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Logicalman

Quote from: jarv on March 22, 2020, 10:01:02 PM
Booked flights from Boston to London mid May....Off to Scotland for family reunion, back south via a few days in the lake district. A whole month planned, down the swanee now.  Just have to postpone it I guess.

We're the same, a week after you by the looks of it, Chicago>LHR, though unless this L4 is reduced to a Level 2, the misses won't be allowed to travel unless she wants to lose her job, her firm doesn't allow it, so we're holding on at the moment hoping it doesn't get worse here.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: WindyCity on March 23, 2020, 02:20:37 AM
Quote from: Milo on March 23, 2020, 12:49:24 AM

Oh yes.  But I will insist it at least be big enough to drown a mouse or two......

... but avoid the Waldorf salad, and the cheese & biscuits tin!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 22, 2020, 01:28:21 PM
Fulhamfan666. - Well, we WERE going to travel a bit, Lima, Mach Pichu, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Puno, Titicaca, Colca Canyon, Arequipa. But who knows now when we'll get there.  One day!   Seems as though you know it?

Wow that sounds amazing!
I went a couple of years ago with my family (Lima, Cusco, Ollantaytambo, Colca, Agues Calientes, Arequipa and Machu Pichu) and it was pretty surreal!
Definitely worth it!

David Allen Crankshaw

fulhamben

Somewhere without the kids. Anywhere don't care. Just without the kids
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on March 24, 2020, 11:45:29 AM
A visit to St. Johann in Austria like every year.

Tirol, presumably, not Pongau. We're booked to go to Rauris. However...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Beamer

I purchased my wife a world map.... gave her a dart and said "throw this and wherever it lands I'm taking you for a holiday when this pandemic is over".
Turns out we're spending two weeks behind the fridge.

Andy S

Let's be honest about it some of us may not ever again be going on holiday or even watching another football match. Good luck everyone