watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Lest we forget

Started by bog, March 24, 2020, 08:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Mike Ashley went against the grain in trying to keep his Sports Direct open to 'help keep the nation fit'. It turns out that he also put some of his implements of sport up by £20. Emm. If normality does ever return perhaps we should recall Mr Ashley's goodwill gesture and shop elsewhere. 

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Greed is the only snake that cannot be charmed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

After we come through this, as well as Sports Direct, please do not support The Weatherspoons chain of pubs.
The owner is arranging a massive grant from our Government but has told his staff to go and work for Tesco despite being worth 40 million he will not pay any wages.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Twig

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 24, 2020, 09:41:43 PM
After we come through this, as well as Sports Direct, please do not support The Weatherspoons chain of pubs.
The owner is arranging a massive grant from our Government but has told his staff to go and work for Tesco despite being worth 40 million he will not pay any wages.

Wasn't aware of this Fernhurst, has it been reported anywhere? He sounds a total bloody hypocrite from what you say.

Fernhurst

Not savvy enough to reproduce the article Twig, however, the full article I found quite easily on Evening Standard website.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fernhurst

Martin is very very right wing, his care for other people has been compromised years ago.
This article was in the Daily Mail, the article I read was more harsh with twitter quotes from staff.

Twig

I remember Martin now from the Brexit debate, can't say I liked his attitude (opinions are one thing, attitude is quite another). Anyway I have never used Weatherspoons, not my kind of pub. I like a proper independent local not the beer equivalent to a coffee bar chain like Costa.

HV71

Martin is , like our ex centre forward , not my cup of tea. We are not a railway station comes to mind . Odious the best adjective.

davew

He has now agreed to keep his staff on, with a little help from his friends....The Government. His attitude stinks!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fernhurst

Well that's a U turn — his personnel will breath a sigh.

Logicalman

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 24, 2020, 11:23:44 PM
Martin is very very right wing, his care for other people has been compromised years ago.
This article was in the Daily Mail, the article I read was more harsh with twitter quotes from staff.

Evening Standard
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.