watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great Escape

Started by gang, March 26, 2020, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

Manchester City away from our Great Escape will be the next match featured in our Relived series.

Head to the Fulham fc website on Saturday afternoon where we encourage you to hit play at exactly 3pm, so that you can enjoy our Twitter coverage in real time.

With three games left of the 2007/08 season, Fulham headed to the City of Manchester Stadium knowing that we'd likely need to leave with all three points if we were to have any chance of avoiding the drop.

City themselves had plenty to play for, though. They'd already guaranteed their highest ever Premier League placing, and now had eyes on a European spot.

What happened that afternoon in Manchester exemplified the character of Roy Hodgson's squad, so make sure you tune in on Saturday to relive the match in its entirety.

049:gif

SP

BT3 are showing Leicester at home from 1983 tonight but I can't bring myself to watch that again.

Fulham 442

Quote from: gang on March 26, 2020, 03:36:55 PM

Manchester City away from our Great Escape will be the next match featured in our Relived series.

Head to the Fulham fc website on Saturday afternoon where we encourage you to hit play at exactly 3pm, so that you can enjoy our Twitter coverage in real time.

With three games left of the 2007/08 season, Fulham headed to the City of Manchester Stadium knowing that we'd likely need to leave with all three points if we were to have any chance of avoiding the drop.

City themselves had plenty to play for, though. They'd already guaranteed their highest ever Premier League placing, and now had eyes on a European spot.

What happened that afternoon in Manchester exemplified the character of Roy Hodgson's squad, so make sure you tune in on Saturday to relive the match in its entirety.

049:gif
What a game that was.  Relegated at half time and winners after 90 minutes and in with a chance!  Fabulous, can't wait for the Pompey game to be shown again!!

BarneyTravers

The physical scars were worth it.

Up the Fulham.

elgreenio

I remember I was playing at the same time, checked the score at the half and kicked people all over the place in the 2nd half in fury, only to find out we'd done it after the game
touch my camera through the fence

RaySmith

I was at the game, and the talk at hlf time, where people were watching a tv screen ij  the bar area was that we were relegated.

Then that kamara goal, from Danny Murphy's  through ball, and there was pandemonium -then two more, and  people were diving headfirst over seats, and complete and utter joy  celebrating with the players  at the end of the game. Experiences like this, which you  probably can't find anywhere else outside of sport, and football in particular,  make you know why why you're a fan.

But if you want an example to show people how football messes with your emotions, how it can unforgettable drama like you'd never find in a theatre, where it's all scripted, then that game, and the end of that season, would be the  one.

Twig

Really looking forward to this as I was out in High Wycombe with my wife and couldn't go to the match. I was listening to snippets on the radio in the car and every now and again there would be a groan followed later by raucous cheers.  Never saw a replay so this is going to be a great afternoon.  Well done Fulham.  Please also show all the matches that followed on from the Juve game in that great run all the way to the final.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I would love to see the Northampton Town v Fulham game in 1966 our classic relegation avoiding 4-2 win.
One of twelve end of season matches to remember before which we had absolutely no chance of avoiding relegation.

Dodgin

We need to be reminded of this thread, I was at that Northampton game. it's not over.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dodgin on January 31, 2021, 10:42:30 PM
We need to be reminded of this thread, I was at that Northampton game. it's not over.

I was also at that game verses the Cobblers, that was the mother of all great escapes, a real great escape that will never be bettered, but this season our current team can orchestrate another great escape.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

I was with my lad at the game and we still have Konchesky's shirt he threw us after the match..... one of those treasured possession  👍👍😉
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 31, 2021, 10:55:42 PM
I was with my lad at the game and we still have Konchesky's shirt he threw us after the match..... one of those treasured possession  👍👍😉

I think you have the wrong game Konchesky did not play in that game at Northampton, it was before his time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.