https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Corona virus sanity level

Started by Andy S, March 30, 2020, 10:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: Statto on March 30, 2020, 02:05:33 PM
Quote from: Holders on March 30, 2020, 01:52:37 PM
And "confusion over not joining EU procurement scheme" when there was no confusion at all, just a deliberate decision not to.

No, I'm talking about the way irrefutable facts are delivered. I'm not going to criticise the BBC for declining to engage in residual Brexit bitterness and allegations. On the contrary, it really is time to move on from all that.

No need to drag up the B-word, it's got nothing to do with that. It's about timely procurement of essential supplies rather than designing and building from scratch and the conflicting accounts of why it wasn't done. Lives will be have been lost.

It's the role of all media, not just the BBC, to deliver facts and probe prevarication.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

davew

I will be driven to drink by then! No fishing, no golfing, will have run out of cigars in 5 weeks, no chance of a trip to Spain to replenish my cupboard,  will slowly be going insane!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Tanker64

I've been living like that for 2 years now, with a job that has me working from home 50 hours a week and living far away from all friends and family in a boring city with not much to do... What people call "quarantine" is what I call "life"!

Slaphead in Qatar

Missing the gym most of all. I need a good work out a couple of times a week.

Mind you Qatar is not a bad place to be going though this. At least the sun shines most of the time here.

Finnans Right Peg

Im on self isolation a week now as i had symptoms but seem to be on the mend .i only look at the news once a day at 6 the rest of the time i have the radio on and turn it down when the news comes on as it will drive me mad to hear about it every 30 mins .as soon as im better i will be doing my garden up to try keep me sane .

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: west kowloon white on March 30, 2020, 01:13:32 PM
Not sure I can be enthusiastic about the BBC's coverage- distorted propaganda and constant niggling at those doing their best.

I can agree wholeheartedly with your statement, and it's classic bbc behaviour, who are an institution bankrupt of any impartiality, and are a life support machine for their political agendas which are not in the best interest of our countries democratic values, but we knew that anyway.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Tanker64 on March 30, 2020, 05:35:53 PM
I've been living like that for 2 years now, with a job that has me working from home 50 hours a week and living far away from all friends and family in a boring city with not much to do... What people call "quarantine" is what I call "life"!

If it's at all possible, change jobs. Life is too short to be miserable.

mrmicawbers

Media relish bad news the worse the better.Came along at the perfect time just as Brexit had come to a conclusion.

Tanker64

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 30, 2020, 07:18:54 PM
If it's at all possible, change jobs. Life is too short to be miserable.

Thanks for your concern, but the main issue with the city is not due to the job, it's a separate problem due to other things in life; and that's pretty much the only decently paying job I can get here, so I don't have much of a choice.