watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Eel Pie Island

Started by bog, March 28, 2020, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Many times at the Marquee, 100 club, Greyhound, Rainbow, Hammersmith odeon, Nashville
Great times and great music

Kent Cassandra

When I was doing my national Service in the RAF from 1955 to 57  at Kelveton Hatch in Essex
I was friendly with a guy in the next bunk to me called johnny Mortimer. He was a trombonist
and used to guest with a few trad bands in the area. I used to hitch home at week ends with him
and remember him gigging at eel pie island. I lost track with him after we were demobbed but
later saw him  make a great career as Acker Bilk's trombonist.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

bog

The programme showed that there are luxury flats are on there now. I wonder what those who lived nearby at the time thought of all the 'noise'?  I know it is the bleeding obvious but the one thing that comes out of all the replies is what wonderful time that was for proper live music.

092.gif 

New Kid on the Block

Manze's deliver pie, mash, liquor (and eels), to anywhere in the country, and I can safely say that they taste as good as if you bought them in the shop. The cost is not cheap, but they need to cover the delivery I suppose. I buy the package that has 6 pies, 6 portions of mash and liquor, and eat the lot in 3 evenings. I love it, so, so much. Go on to the Manze's website, join up, and place your order. You will not regret it!