watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Profiting from the virus nfr

Started by ALG01, April 02, 2020, 10:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Amazon and e bay say tgey are forcing people and organisations that are profitering off their platforms.

This afternoon i noticed ear real crisps at around £15 for a bag..... now i know these are posh vegan types but typical price is usually under £2 a vag for the same thing.

I would say that is profitering and they are actually the only one of the crisp variety that i can eat without side effects. I can go without no problem but if they are available is £15 a bag reasonable... don't think ebay or amazon are trying hard enough because this cannot be an isolated instance.

Luka

What's really peeing me off now is the emails I receive at work from Chinese companies trying to sell me face masks and surgical gloves. I work for a building products company so it plain profiteering on the back the virus they gave us in the first place.
If I was actually going to buy that kind of stuff then 100% out of principle, it'd be from a non Chinese manufacturer.

Dr Know

I heard on the radio a shop in Dorset selling eggs for £1 EACH  and loo rolls at £2-50 EACH !

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

YankeeJim

We have a budding scandal on this side of the pond. 3M, one of the worlds biggest in paper products recently refused to sell masks to Florida. They sold their stockpile over seas instead. The Florida officials are livid. Florida, as you probably know, is the last refuge of every old fart on the east coast of the US. These are the most vulnerable among us but 3M put profit over taking care of its own. Yeah, they are needed everywhere, not just in the US but don't you feed your family first?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Whitesideup

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 03, 2020, 05:45:00 PM
We have a budding scandal on this side of the pond. 3M, one of the worlds biggest in paper products recently refused to sell masks to Florida. They sold their stockpile over seas instead. The Florida officials are livid. Florida, as you probably know, is the last refuge of every old fart on the east coast of the US. These are the most vulnerable among us but 3M put profit over taking care of its own. Yeah, they are needed everywhere, not just in the US but don't you feed your family first?

I agree, but isn't the mantra of the States " Greed is Good" ? The market rules everything does it not?  That is very much the impression we ( or is it just me?) has of a country in which a conservative element went ballistic when a democratically elected leader tried to introduce healthcare for the 15 % of the population that did not have any.  Ooops  .. think this probably oversteps the "no politics" rule, but just trying to explain why this incident does not come as a surprise to some of us this side of the pond. Please excuse any political element.

Russianrob

Here in Russia it is not a question of making a profit.However it feels more and more like we are returning to the Soviet era.l am confined to my home for the next month.lf l leave my flat even to go for a brief walk l could be arrested.Strange times indeed!

Twig

Sounds like a US company doing what US does best and what your president would encourage.

HobGoblin

The American dream is to get as much money off everyone else as you can in the shortest amount of time. They just doing their business as per the mantra American companies have done for years.