watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 01/04/20...

Started by WhiteJC, April 01, 2020, 08:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

How Michael Hector has fared at Fulham and the affect on Sheffield Wednesday's defence

The Chelsea loanee was a fans' favourite at Hillsborough but a deal couldn't be agreed for him to return

Michael Hector has made a huge impact on the Fulham defence since January.

If every Sheffield Wednesday fan cast a vote at the end of last season on one transfer target they would love to sign in the summer, Michael Hector would have come top of the pile.

The Chelsea loanee scooped the Owls' Player of the Year award after a fantastic season at Hillsborough in the 2018/19 campaign.

Hector himself said he was open to a return to the club on a permanent basis, with only 12 months remaining on his Chelsea contract.

However, his impressive performances had attracted interest from other clubs, and the Owls' ongoing battle with Financial Fair Play proved to be problematic.

So, how did Hector get away from Wednesday and how has he fared this season? YorkshireLive takes a look.

Wednesday's summer pursuit
After months of speculation linking Hector with a permanent return, things started to heat up in the final week of the transfer window.

Having sold Lucas Joao to Reading, freeing up funds with FFP, the Owls stepped up their pursuit of Hector, who was still at Chelsea anchoring for a permanent exit.

However, Chelsea demanded £5million for a player with less than 12 months left on his contract and Sheffield Wednesday instead signed David Bates on a season-long loan from Hamburg, with Julian Borner having also arrived at the club.

Fulham then announced a deal for Hector after the window has closed, meaning he couldn't play for the club until January, but any potential deal to return to S6 was over.

How has he fared at Fulham?
After six months without competitive football, everyone was curious to see how Hector would fare for Fulham after such a long absence.

However, he has picked up as if he has never been away, continuing his Sheffield Wednesday form at Craven Cottage.

In 11 Championship matches for Fulham, they have conceded only eight goals, recording six clean sheets.

In their previous 11 league fixtures, they leaked eight goals, keeping only three shut outs. A remarkable improvement that Fulham fans have put down to Hector's arrival.

The emergence of Dominic Iorfa
Whilst Bates has not filled the boots of Hector, Dominic Iorfa's development would have been hampered had Hector signed permanently.

Iorfa had never played at centre-back for Sheffield Wednesday before this season and he would have found himself at least fourth-choice in that position, had Hector arrived permanently.

Hector is three years older than Iorfa and would have required a large outlay for the Owls, whilst Iorfa cost just 200k the previous January.

Without doubt, Hector has much more experience in the centre-back role than Iorfa, however, he doesn't offer the same athleticism and raw speed which has proven to be such an important asset for the Wednesday defence.

How does Wednesday's defensive record compare to last season?
By and large, the Owls have a very similar defensive record to last campaign, on average.

Sheffield Wednesday leaked 62 goals in the 2018/19 season, although there was a remarked improvement from their early-season return under Jos Luhukay where they had the worst defence in the league by November.

That's an average of 1.35 per match, compared to 49 goals in 37 games, an average of 1.32 per game. Equally, it's worth taking into accounts Wednesday's recent form and the goals conceded against Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham City and Brentford.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/michael-hector-fulham-sheffield-wednesday-18010846

WhiteJC

"From Whitney Houston to Prince and Madonna" – Fulham player on Scott Parker's music

Denis Odoi arrived at Craven Cottage when Fulham signed him from Belgian side Lokeren in 2016.

The 31-year-old primarily operates as a right-back, but he can also play as a centre-back and a left-back.

He has featured regularly for the Championship club since moving to England and the defender signed an extension last May. Odoi's current deal with Fulham is until 2020 and Scott Parker's side have an option to further extend it by a year.

Het Nieuwsblad had a lengthy conversation with the Belgian, where he revealed he had an option to join Polish side Legia Warsaw before joining Fulham. Odoi also explained why the move never materialised.

"I almost played there. It was between Fulham and Legia. But in Poland they had to wait for the sale of another player first, so it all took a little longer," he said.

On how he ended up on Legia Warsaw's radar, Odoi explained: "I played a good match in the Europa League with Lokeren. They must have remembered that. And Besnik Hasi (played and managed in Belgium) was a coach there, so maybe that's why.

"Have I ever told you about the trip to Partizan Belgrade? Well, playing for such a swirling crowd, that really seems to me to be the max. That deafening atmosphere, those cool tifos...

"Would I still go [to Legia Warsaw] now? Sure, why not? Beautiful city, great stadium, crazy fans... What more could you want as a player?"

The failed move to Legia Warsaw was one of the last topics discussed with the Belgian newspaper. Out of the questions thrown at the Fulham man, Odoi was asked if he gets stalked by fans in England.

"It's not so bad, though. I'm never the most popular player at my club. Our captain has had it before. He had a mother at the door with a daughter (laughs)," the defender explained.

"I recently had a guy who asked for a shirt. I didn't give it the first time. But then I saw him again after an away game against Blackburn. He even made a placard. And even stranger: he suddenly spoke Dutch to me. With a strange and unrecognisable accent, as if he had learned on the internet to specifically ask for that sweater. Imagine..."

Odoi also shared his view on Fulham's 39-year-old manager, Scott Parker.

"He still has to turn 40 and still plays regularly. When I see him playing football, I often think: 'He is still better than me (laughs)'. He played with West Ham and Spurs, but also with Fulham, so we played together. He's real English gentleman...," Odoi stressed.

"He also walks around with a speaker all the time. Everywhere he goes there should be music to be heard. At meetings, it only goes off when the last player has entered.

"From Whitney Houston to Prince and Madonna to Eminem. In one of the first training sessions, each player was allowed to choose a song. That then became the playlist for the entire training. I think he's addicted to music. There are worse things to be addicted to, aren't there?"

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-player-opens-up-about-his-failed-move-to-another-club-talks-about-captain-being-stalked/

WhiteJC

Ollie Watkins, Aleksandar Mitrovic or Matheus Pereira? Championship pundits pick their Player of the Season
Keith Andrews, Don Goodman, Andy Hinchcliffe, Scott Minto, David Prutton and Gary Weaver pick their star man of the campaign...

We asked six of our Sky Sports EFL experts to pick their Championship Player of the Season.

In the first of a series that will see our pundits pick their best bits of the 2019/20 Championship season so far, our six experts tell us who they feel has been the standout player of the campaign...

Keith Andrews - Matheus Pereira, West Brom
I'm going to go for Pereira because I have been blown away by his skill, his ability on the ball, the way he takes the game to the opposition and the vision he has.

He is such an all-round attacking player and isn't just one type of No 10. I think he is at his best in the centre, but we have seen him play from the right and the left, too.

I have eulogised about him from August when I saw little glimpses in his game, and I remember thinking he was playing on a different level to most on the pitch.

He is Brazilian so you would expect the flair, tricks and flicks, but his loan spell has really helped him deal with the physical side of the game. He has slotted into Championship life and got on with things.

Don Goodman - Aleksandar Mitrovic, Fulham
Scoring 23 goals in 34 games speaks for itself. You look at West Brom and they have players chipping in from everywhere, but Fulham don't have that.

He has scored 23 of their 52 goals, which is monumental. It shows how reliant they are on him and the massive burden on his shoulders, and that is why he is my Player of the Season.

It is almost a reluctant choice as I really do believe Kalvin Phillips has been the best player in the league. They are both important to their sides but in different ways.

But, as is tradition, strikers always get the glory. That is the way it is always been, and the way it always will be!

Andy Hinchcliffe - Ollie Watkins, Brentford
Mitrovic and Watkins have both been excellent and they are different types of striker. But Watkins is my Player of the Season because we all knew about Mitrovic.

He has taken to his change of position at Brentford so well, his finishing in the penalty box is so assured and he looks a natural goal scorer.

I know they have been working hard on him in training, and everything about his attacking play has been brilliant.

To play a full season as a lone striker is not easy, and the improvement he has shown this season makes him worthy of it.

Scott Minto - Ollie Watkins, Brentford
Watkins was an extremely talented player before this season, but in a completely different position. Once Neal Maupay left Brentford, though, he started scoring straight away.

Everyone thought he would go back out wide eventually, but he has taken his game to another level and done what a goal scorer needs to do. All his goals - except for one - have come from inside the box and he knows where he needs to be. He looks a born goal scorer.

For him to be playing like a seasoned striker, and leading the line in the way he has, I'll be honest I didn't see it coming. To score 22 league goals from almost nowhere makes him the revelation of the season for me.

He is another Brentford player who will be playing in the Premier League next season, even if they don't go up.

David Prutton - Ollie Watkins, Brentford
Phillips has been brilliant for Leeds, Jarrod Bowen wouldn't have been too far away if he had stayed at Hull in the Championship and Mitrovic has done what we expected. The fact we know how good he is may have counted against him a little!

Watkins, however, deserves the credit for what he has done this season in terms of switching positions - from a wide player to a striker.

He really has lit up the league and had so many excellent performances, and the type of goals he has scored have impressed me. He isn't scoring the types of goals a winger playing as a striker would, they are proper No 9 goals.

He is Brentford's chance of getting to the Premier League, and you imagine he will be there one way or another soon enough, anyway.

Gary Weaver - Ollie Watkins, Brentford
Kalvin Phillips has been excellent for Leeds and you almost take for granted that Mitrovic would hit the figures he has, but I've had to pick Watkins.

I've watched him since he was at Exeter - where he used to play as a striker in the youth team - and I remember [former Brentford manager] Dean Smith telling me he would play as a striker eventually.

Watkins never thought he would get that chance at Brentford as they kept signing strikers, but he has done now and he has shown what he can do. He has adapted and turned into a proper No 9. He knows where to be in the box, and he is a top lad as well.

It is always exciting to see a player really improve and fulfil their potential, and that's what Watkins has done.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11965845/ollie-watkins-aleksandar-mitrovic-or-matheus-pereira-championship-pundits-pick-their-player-of-the-season

WhiteJC

Bluebird Focus | Eddie Johnson

"USA! USA! USA!"

Ninian Park may have been an unlikely setting to hear such a chant, but it became commonplace on the terraces in the ground's final year, thanks to a certain Eddie Johnson.

Then 24 years of age, the United States international arrived in South Wales in the summer of 2008 and, despite making just 33 loan appearances in the shirt, left CF11 as a cult hero.

On his 36th birthday, we take a look back at Eddie's time in the Welsh capital...
The road to Ninian

Eddie had made a name for himself from an early age in the MLS, scoring over 40 league goals by the age of 23 and becoming a seasoned USMNT international.

A move to the Premier League's Fulham was to follow, but after struggling for game-time at Craven Cottage, he soon found himself in the Welsh capital.

City had reached the 2008 FA Cup Final just three months before, with their Cup exploits helping to convince Eddie that it was the right move for him.

"I learned a lot about Cardiff City as they reached the FA Cup Final," he said at the time.

"That was one of the reasons, when Cardiff City wanted me to join them on loan, I was so keen. They have offered me a fantastic opportunity.

"People here in Britain eat, drink and sleep football. It's an ambition of mine to make an impact – and now I want to do that with Cardiff City."
I saw Eddie score

The hustle and bustle of Championship football was a far cry from Eddie's upbringing in the game and it did take him some time to adapt.

However, his breakthrough came in the spring of 2009, as we hosted Doncaster Rovers at Ninian Park.

He had been named Man of the Match as City put three past Barnsley earlier in the week, and the free-scoring Bluebirds were two to the good against Donny, with Michael Chopra and Jay Bothroyd finding the back of the net.

Peter Whittingham then picked the ball up on the right flank and squared the ball to Eddie, who cut inside before curling it into the bottom corner – his first goal for the Bluebirds met with a bellowing roar from the Ninian faithful.

Under the lights

His first goal will live long in the memory of the supporters present on that day, while his next one will always have its place in the history books.

Indeed, Eddie was the last player to score under Ninian Park's floodlights, with the historic strike coming a month later against Derby County.

Goals from Roger Johnson, Gavin Rae and Bothroyd had put City in a commanding position, before Eddie stole the ball and raced past the Rams' back-line.

Time seemed to stand still, before he dispatched the ball past Steven Bywater to create a piece of Ninian history.

His 90th minute own goal at the other end did little to dampen spirits as the ground's final night game ended with a 4-1 City victory.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/bluebird-focus-eddie-johnson

WhiteJC

The FA proposal that would see Fulham promoted to the Premier League with Leeds and West Brom

With no consensus yet reached on how the football season will conclude, a proposal has been made to the FA that would see Fulham among the teams promoted to the Premier League

Fulham's Tom Cairney and Leeds United's Kalvin Phillips (Image: Rob Newell - CameraSport via Getty Images))

With all professional football in England currently postponed until April 30 due to COVID-19, fears have been raised that the 2019/20 season will not be completed.

football.london revealed on Saturday that talks have taken place between the FA, Premier League, English Football League and the Government about finishing the season behind closed doors over a period of four-to-six weeks in July, unless the situation in the UK worsens.

If the current lockdown extends, the season could eventually be deemed void. That would see Liverpool denied the chance to be crowned champions of England, while the likes of Leeds United and West Brom would likely be denied their promotion bids.

However, Maidenhead United chairman Peter Griffin and CEO Jon Adams have written an open letter to the FA to give a blueprint of how the season could be resolved, with no club being relegated from the Premier League all the way down to the National League north and south.

They argue that a points-per-game ratio would be the best way to settle the season, rather than to resume the season while the threat of contracting coronavirus still runs.

In their proposal, they state that the top three teams in the Championship would be promoted, with no play-offs to decide the third and final promotion slot.

In such a system, Leeds United, West Brom and Fulham would be in the Premier League for the 2020/21 season.

"So far the FA has come up with a variety of 'solutions' for different steps of football – voiding the season for non-league steps 3-6, no comment on the National League, and apparently everything must be completed for top-level and European competitions," the letter states.

"This must stop immediately; football needs to act as one.

"There is a solution, which minimises the negative impact for all and rewards the teams at the top end of their leagues this season. Our proposal is simple:

• Cancel the remainder of the season for all football.

• Decide issues of league winners/promotion using Points Per Game (PPG).

• Crucially, do not relegate any teams.

• Also, of fundamental importance, treat all leagues in the football pyramid the same from the top to bottom.

"So, the Premier League - use PPG (and then goal difference, greater goals scored etc) to produce final table. Liverpool will be champions and the remaining Champions League and Europa League spots will be allocated in the normal way. Off pitch issues i.e. FFP sanctions of course still stand. No relegation.

"Championship – PPG determines the table and top 3 promoted i.e. no play-off to determine 3rd promotion spot. No relegation.

"League 1 – as per Championship

"League 2 – as per Championship but 4 promoted as Bury liquidation has created an additional vacancy.

"National League – PPG determines the table and top 4 promoted. No relegation.

"NLN and NLS – PPG determines the tables and 4 promoted i.e. 2 from each league. No Relegation.

"All further steps – Promote number of teams required all the way down using PPG.

"Note - Proposals to realign divisions should remain i.e. NLN and NLS to expand to 24 teams each – promote to fill spaces.

"This solution means that, when things return to normal, football will be ready to return.

"There will always be solutions available in future seasons to reduce the number of teams in leagues if this is required.

"For example, it could be achieved by relegating one additional Premier League team per season until desired number is reached, with a knock-on effect all the way down the football pyramid. Alternatively, the numbers could simply stay higher.

"We believe our proposal offers a simple and realistic approach, which penalises no team but rewards the teams who have performed well during this season."

https://www.football.london/championship/fa-proposal-would-see-fulham-18018125

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic explains how text saw him quit Newcastle and make Fulham transfer

Aleksandar Mitrovic very nearly missed out on a move to Fulham from Newcastle back in 2018, the club which he now admits was the one he 'needed' despite almost joining Middlesbrough and Anderlecht

Aleksandar Mitrovic has made his name as one of the best players in the Championship having scored 23 goals in just 34 league outings so far this season.

The Fulham striker has built on what had been a prolific 18 months in west London, despite their dismal performances in the Premier League resulting in relegation last season.

During that campaign the Serbian still managed 11 league goals, building on his 12 strikes in 17 appearances for the Whites as they earned promotion from the second tier in 2017/18.

The 25-year-old has now opened up on his initial loan move to the capital from Newcastle, whom he joined for £13m from Anderlecht in 2015, and how his countryman Slavisa Jokanovic played a pivotal role.

"It was one of the most stressful days of my life," Mitrovic told FourFourTwo when asked about deadline day of the January 2018 transfer window.

Aleksandar Mitrovic has 46 goals in 93 games for Fulham (Image: Getty Images)

"I travelled from Newcastle to Belgium, to re-sign for Anderlecht. But the transfer broke down because they were unable to sell one of their players to Udinese, so didn't have the money to sign me.

"Newcastle called and said Middlesbrough would sign me. At that point I said I'd go anywhere, so my agent started negotiating with Boro.

"I was looking at WhatsApp, and then I saw Slavisa Jokanovic's name. He had called me only a few days before and asked about my situation, and I told him that I was going to Anderlecht.

"On deadline day I got bored with waiting, so I sent him a message saying: 'Hi, how are you?'

"He messaged me back, asking if it was true that my deal had broken down, and saying he still needed a striker.

"I replied: 'Yes please, I want to join Fulham. Phone my agent.' We did the deal in Belgium. It went right to the final minutes – I was so relieved to get it done.

"I was the player they were missing, and this was the club I needed."

Fulham offered Mitrovic a chance to find his form after a disappoint spell at St James' Park, and that has helped his international record with a run of 32 goals in his last 37 caps.

A £22m permanent deal was agreed between the clubs last summer, with the striker now playing a key role in Scott Parker's hopes of automatic promotion.

Aleksandar Mitrovic quickly endeared himself to Fulham supporters (Image: Getty Images)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/aleksandar-mitrovic-explains-how-text-21789547

WhiteJC

Saha: I had to stand up to Fulham to seal move

Louis Saha claims he has no regrets about the dramatic transfer saga that saw him leave Fulham to join Manchester United in January 2004.

Speaking to UTD Podcast, the French striker recalled the hot-tempered negotiations between the two clubs, and explained how he felt forced to challenge the Cottagers in order to help the move materialise.

The west London club were riding high in the Premier League table at the time, buoyed by Saha's 13 league goals that term. And when United came calling in the mid-season transfer window, they were unwilling to let the left-footed striker go without a fight.

"They [Fulham] played it as 'it's a business world',"

remembers Louis.

"So some price was agreed, and I knew about it, and my agent was saying to me that they wanted to increase the price to make the most of it.

"So I gave my word in some ways, they gave their words, and I said: 'No, that's not how it works.' If you say something, you keep your word, and I was really unhappy about the situation. Even if I'm professional, I express it. I have the right to speak and say: 'No, I want to go.'

"So I did what I think was the right thing, because everybody in this world, if you have a job opportunity somewhere else and there is no judgement, then you can go, you know, even [to the] competition. Sport's a bit more difficult. They used the public [to apply pressure]. But at the end of the day I knew I'd been really honest, I'd given my all, I'd helped them to promotion, so I had no difficulty to actually go where I thought was fair."

"So I let it go, but at some point, where you feel this opportunity will go because it's a January transfer [and] you see the clock ticking, you stand and say: 'No, they [United] will take somebody else and I don't want this to happen.'

Saha had first learned of the Reds' interest from a fellow French international who was already at Old Trafford.

"A few phone calls came from [former Fulham player] John Collins, and Mikael Silvestre said to me that the club is looking after you, they are looking at your performances.

"But during that time I had one or two injuries that slowed down the process. So for that I knew that I needed to be a bit more consistent. When you receive the call from the boss [Sir Alex Ferguson], you think how natural it is, because you think that you've been doing well and that's why. But until you're really on the train or on the plane to go to Manchester you [don't] realise that the thing is going to happen."

Like many former United transfer targets, Saha remembers a slightly surreal initial call from then manager Ferguson.

"I was at home,"

laughs our one-time no.9.

"Did I know the phone call was coming? Yes. My agent [told me]. It was a bit strange because you still doubt – maybe it's a joke or something like this! So you are a bit careful about the accent!

"Then you say: 'Okay, this seems for sure.' It was nice because obviously it was concrete. The way he talks, you really have that voice where – even if you only understand half of it – it reassures you. You feel like part of his plan; part of what he's really looking for for, not years, but he's saying that 'I like your style' and makes you feel like you're going to embed straight away to his team.

"I was seeing the players they had already, and seeing how I can fit, how I can actually be different and create those solutions for him. I see straight away that I was completely different [to the other players]. I had the aggressiveness in some ways, I had the different solution, and that's why I felt very confident to go there. But at the same time, the amount of pressure as well... you have to be very naive in some ways to go there and not be feeling it. Because if you are conscious about it, that's where pressure comes."

WHAT THEY SAID

Chris Coleman
:

"The speculation is not going to go away – I understand that. From our point of view, if we sell Louis Saha at any price in January then I'm cutting my own throat. I've explained that to my chairman and he is under the same impression. I'm under no illusions – he may not be here next season. He's banging in goals left, right and centre so, if a club does come in for him with a massive offer over the summer, then he may move on. But we'd be committing suicide if we sold him right now."

Alex Ferguson:

"Three years ago he played against us in the FA Cup and did very well and that is when our interest began. When Fulham came into the Premiership it was impossible to do any business at that point but we kept looking at him and this year we decided to make an offer. That was refused but it started the negotiations and we are delighted that we have been able to secure his transfer. Louis has two good feet, he is very quick and aggressive and is good in the air. They are great assets to have and a little bit different from the players we have at the moment."

Alex Hayes (Sunday Tribune): 'Ferguson must be hoping that Saha, who signed a five-and-a-half year contract, will continue in the same vein of form at United. Despite their second place in the Premiership and next month's second round Champions League rubber against Porto, Ferguson's men have been unusually goal-shy this season. When Ruud van Nistelrooy does not score, as has been the case for the last four matches, no one seems capable of stepping into the Dutchman's shoes.'

WhiteJC

Premier League, EFL and PFA to discuss collective wage deferral

Professional football in England is suspended until 30 April at the earliest

Premier League and English Football League clubs are set to discuss a collective wage deferral agreement at a meeting with the Professional Footballers' Association on Wednesday.

The proposal is one option to help clubs facing financial struggles during the coronavirus crisis.

It is also understood the PFA will ask clubs if wage deferrals are justified.

However, players' union Fifpro warned against standardised policies on player salary cuts.

Fifpro said that measures taken by elite clubs "cannot just be translated downwards".

The first-team squad and coaching staff of Italian Serie A side Juventus, including Cristiano Ronaldo and Maurizio Sarri, have agreed to take a significant pay cut.

Season will only resume 'when it is safe'

Professional football in England has been suspended until 30 April at the earliest because of the pandemic.

It is widely accepted that a return is likely to come at a later date.

The Premier League and English Football League (EFL) are both committed to finishing the season but have said they will resume "only when it is safe and conditions allow".

On 18 March, the EFL said it would release a £50m fund to help its clubs cover shortfalls this month. Wednesday's meeting will now focus on how to cover April's costs without any football.

Premier League clubs are also conscious that not finishing the season could mean they owe broadcasters about £760m.

Talks will centre on whether clubs need to defer wages among players and if a collective agreement can be reached.

Players at Championship leaders Leeds United have already volunteered to take a wage deferral, while Birmingham City's players who earn more than £6,000 a week have also been asked to take a 50% cut for the next four months.

But the PFA is urging other clubs to involve the union and for a collective approach to be taken.

There are also understood to be reservations from other clubs who feel they have been more careful with their finances and do not want to be forced into a generic agreement.

Wednesday's meeting will discuss cash flow data from clubs and consider any updates issued by Fifa and Uefa, the world and European governing bodies, who are also set to meet earlier on Wednesday.

That meeting will look at matters such as player contracts and the transfer system, which could impact English football.

The PFA is also set to meet the Football Association about the future of women's football in England.

The professional Women's Super League and semi-professional Championship are also suspended until 30 April.

'We can only appeal to common sense'

Jonas Baer-Hoffmann, general secretary of Fifpro, cautioned against applying the example of Juventus - whose players agreed to their pay being stopped for four months - in contexts where it is "not appropriate".

"We had clubs from Indonesia using that example to justify why they might have to cut salaries, which seems a bit absurd looking at it that way," he said.

"We can only appeal to common sense and to rationality that those measures that are taken by some of the elite clubs and thereby the elite players cannot just be translated downwards.

"I think it is a matter of responsibility to not use these kinds of examples and apply them to contexts where they are simply not appropriate."

Asked for his views on league-wide policies, he said: "That in itself would be a statement that would suggest a fact for everybody. I would very much encourage for those leagues and those clubs to be talking with the collective representatives of the players. And maybe in some leagues a similar standard is feasible for everybody, in others it is not."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52104200

gerrys

Quote from: WhiteJC on April 01, 2020, 08:08:22 AM
How Michael Hector has fared at Fulham and the affect on Sheffield Wednesday's defence

"affect" I would think a newspaper article could do better  :005: