News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A hyperphetical choice for next season.....

Started by RAF_Fulham, April 03, 2020, 02:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you rather....

The season be completely void - Next season plays out similar to this - Likely Play-off spot
11 (31.4%)
Leeds & WVA promoted - Next season fight for the title
4 (11.4%)
Be promoted automatically - Battle for survival, but likely drop back down
20 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

ALG01

Quote from: RAF_Fulham on April 03, 2020, 03:28:53 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on April 03, 2020, 02:54:55 PM
What happened to a choice that says

finish the season properly because it is the most rational thing to do and represents the line of least resistance.

I wanted a steer away from that, as the longer this goes on the higher the chance we won't  see an end to it.

Some interesting thoughts and votes coming in - Interesting that the split between watching a mostly winning team (play off spot) and a mostly losing team (Prem struggle) is 50/50 as I write this.

Sorry, just being myself!
I can't vote so appreciate the update... I cannopt bring myself to push a button I am praying does not happen but brilliant idea nonetheless.  If i was forced, going into the prem is my choice every day of the week even if it was a struggle.

RAF_Fulham

Quote from: ALG01 on April 03, 2020, 03:32:12 PM
Quote from: RAF_Fulham on April 03, 2020, 03:28:53 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on April 03, 2020, 02:54:55 PM
What happened to a choice that says

finish the season properly because it is the most rational thing to do and represents the line of least resistance.

I wanted a steer away from that, as the longer this goes on the higher the chance we won't  see an end to it.

Some interesting thoughts and votes coming in - Interesting that the split between watching a mostly winning team (play off spot) and a mostly losing team (Prem struggle) is 50/50 as I write this.

Sorry, just being myself!
I can't vote so appreciate the update... I cannopt bring myself to push a button I am praying does not happen but brilliant idea nonetheless.  If i was forced, going into the prem is my choice every day of the week even if it was a struggle.

No need to say sorry, I didn't take anything you said to be negative or requiring of an apology,  should I be mad?  :dft012:

It's a tough one, a season in the top flight visiting some big clubs with the hope of doing a few of them over is enticing. I do like the Championship though, it's such a competitive league these days, would love to see a season of winning and celebrating at the end of it (hopefully)

Ged

Quote from: bobby01 on April 03, 2020, 08:47:53 AM
I think the remaining games for this season to be played next season and the points etc won until now used as a start point.
Simply put combine the two seasons.
i agree i think Barnsley should start on 0 points (34 points when play stoped ) and every other team have 34 points deducted from where thy finished so Luton would have 1 point  Fulham 30 West Brom 36 and so on

YankeeJim

I went for auto promotion. I don't believe that Khan came from nothing to being a billionaire by repeating his mistakes. If we don't go up, will we keep our stars? Likely not. What than, back to 2018? We have a team that we can build around. Just a few additions will make us a team that can stay up.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

hovewhite

Think when this imprisonment is relaxed then the football season should be completed

bobby01

With today's announcement that uefa has lifted the 1500 Saturday restriction on live matches being shown, as asked for by the fa and sfa, it would seem playing behind closed doors is becoming a real option.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Andy S

If you end the season early that is fine and the longer you keep this season open for the harder it is to do anything  else but void it. If you void it you cannot give anyone the title that hasn't earned lt. the same goes for relegation. It doesn't matter if it is Liverpool or Leeds Barnsley or Villa. Then you resume when football starts again with a new competition

SuffolkWhite

If a season is to be mucked about with,  why not next season as the rules (whatever they will be) will be the same for all teams. If there is limited time to complete next season then the rules could be every team plays each other once. At least that would be fair and no litigation from any team. If players contracts can be extended until the end of season then all the better, but if not then ig is what it is, but the season gets finished!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jims Dentist

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 04, 2020, 11:55:44 AM
If a season is to be mucked about with,  why not next season as the rules (whatever they will be) will be the same for all teams. If there is limited time to complete next season then the rules could be every team plays each other once. At least that would be fair and no litigation from any team. If players contracts can be extended until the end of season then all the better, but if not then ig is what it is, but the season gets finished!
Good idea SW. All hypothetical, but could work
Also no League Cup and FAC with no replays.
If there is any Euro Club Competition then a seaded straight  knockout comp.
But as said before hypothetical, as no one knows exactly how long our current situation might last.
I know as football fans we are only speculating, but reading Woolly's post I do feel a bit guilty for doing so.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 03, 2020, 01:25:16 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on April 03, 2020, 12:34:36 PM
@Woolly Mammoth

I have two nieces who are A&E nurses in central London, and three GP's in current practice in my extended families, all in London, and all have been wailing to any ear that cares to listen about the lack of investment in NHS front line provision for years. 

So please take your lectures elsewhere, TYVM. 

Agreed about underfunding of the NHS which is plainly obvious. As for lectures you are far too sensitive if that is what you deem a lecture, considering you spend your entire life on here lecturing anyone you don't agree with. So come off your high horse and don't urinate down my back and tell me it's raining.

Nice one

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Whitestone on April 03, 2020, 08:22:51 AM
I couldn't support any of the choices. At some point in time I would prefer to see a conclusion to this season.

My choice too.  Lots of complications now though with trying to sync up the voided lower leagues with the continuation of the higher leagues.  They don't have time on their side financially to wait for the bigger boys to catch up for a new season to start.

Just glad I'm not the one trying to work all this out, that's all I can say.
¡COYW!