more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 03/04/20...

Started by WhiteJC, April 03, 2020, 08:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

The Football League's Best Player

Aleksandar Mitrović sat down with FourFourTwo magazine after being voted the Football League's best player by its readers.

You're in great form this season. Has it felt different to previous ones?

It hasn't been any different, no. I work really hard every day in training: the first one out, the last to leave. All that hard work is paying off. My team is having a brilliant season, and what's important for me is that I have good players around me who are playing well, too.

Pundits frequently say you are playing in the wrong league; that you are a Premier League player. Do you agree?

Honestly, I don't think about that. I'm with Fulham because I love the club, my family is happy here, and I love the challenge of the Championship. Players who haven't played in it or don't watch it can say it's easier, but trust me: it's a hard league.

Do you enjoy the responsibility of being the main man upfront?

It's my job to score goals, perform well and lead this team. I don't feel pressure. I love to score, and I know that if the team plays well, the goals will come. [FFT: Do you mind if the team wins and you don't score?] I'd prefer to score! I'm a striker, so if we win and I don't score, then I'm missing something. But you can't score in every game, and the important thing is that we win.

The full interview with Mitro is in the new issue of FourFourTwo which is available to buy now, and also includes a chance to win a shirt signed by the Fulham number nine.

Football League Top 10, as voted by FFT readers:

1.         Aleksandar Mitrović (Fulham)

2.         Kalvin Phillips (Leeds)

3.         Matheus Pereira (West Brom)

4.         Said Benrahma (Brentford)

5.         Eberechi Eze (QPR)

6.         Ollie Watkins (Brentford)

7.         Wayne Rooney (Derby)

8.         Tom Cairney (Fulham)

9.         Romaine Sawyers (West Brom)

10.       Bradley Dack (Blackburn)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/april/02/aleksandar-mitrovic-football-league-best-player

WhiteJC

Fulham's Joe Bryan sends Luke Ayling a message about Championship prize

The Leeds United right-back was team-mates with Bryan at Bristol City

Luke Ayling's goal against Huddersfield Town is sticking around for even longer in the memory than many expected with football's current hiatus.

The Elland Road screamer will go down as the best goal of the right-back's career, most likely, but with no action since, it is impossible not to dwell on it still further.

With the arrival of April, March's monthly prizes need to be decided and on Instagram yesterday Ayling was quick to ask when Goal of the Month will be announced.

Among the most popular replies was a message from former Whites chief Thomas Christiansen, who managed Ayling in the 2017/18 season.

"For sure it will [be Goal of the Month]! The goal is first class, but the celebration. Hope you're all fine," he said.

Fulham left-back Joe Bryan, a team-mate of Ayling's at Bristol City between 2014 and 2016, also posted a comment.

"Could be goal of the season to be fair, Bill," he said.

With one round of matches played in March, Ayling is unlikely to have any trouble with the monthly gong, let alone the end-of-season prize.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/joe-bryan-luke-ayling-instagram-18026901

WhiteJC

Fulham fans are certain to love Aleksandar Mitrovic's latest message

Fulham will be hoping that the break from competitive action can be a blessing in disguise for them, as they look to keep the pressure on their promotion rivals.

Scott Parker's side are currently sat third in the Championship, but have dropped crucial points in recent weeks, which has seen Leeds United pull further clear at the summit.

Due to recent events, there won't be any fixtures taking place across England in the EFL, with a return date of the 30th April put in place.

One player that will be key to Fulham's chances of winning promotion back into the Premier League is Aleksandar Mitrović, who has hit 23 goals in his 34 appearances so far for the Cottagers.

Plenty of pundits have suggested that Mitrović has the quality and attributes to be playing regularly in the top-flight now, although he seems to be content with life at Fulham at this moment in time.

Speaking in an interview with FourFourTwo, Mitrović revealed that he is loving life with Scott Parker's side, and labelled the Championship as a 'hard league'.

"Honestly, I don't think about that. I'm with Fulham because I love the club, my family is happy here, and I love the challenge of the Championship. Players who haven't played in it or don't watch it can say it's easier, but trust me: it's a hard league."

Mitrović and his Fulham team-mates will be hoping they can keep the pressure on their promotion rivals when they return to action on the 2nd May against relegation-threatened Wigan Athletic.

The Verdict:

Fulham fans will absolutely love his latest comments.

Mitrović has shown that he is a class above at this level though in my eyes, and he's more than capable of playing in the Premier League in the near future.

If Fulham weren't to win promotion this season, then I would be surprised if he was to remain with the Cottagers for another season, as you would imagine that bigger clubs will come calling for his services.

It's good to hear that he's loving life at Fulham, but any footballer will surely be wanting to play their football at the highest level possible.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-fans-are-certain-to-love-aleksandar-mitrovics-latest-message/

WhiteJC

Championship fans pick their club's Player of the Season
We asked 24 Championship fans to tell us who their club's Player of the Season has been so far...

Barnsley
Carlo van de Watering, @RedsReport_

Alex Mowatt, Midfielder - Mowatt has proven to be a consistent performer in a difficult season in a side full of young players and a change of manager. He is a leader that will run through walls for his team.

Birmingham City
Bik Singh, Blues 4 all

Kristian Pedersen, Left-back - Pedersen started every league game this season and is Birmingham's most improved player. He is physically strong and a competitive powerhouse. We will do well to keep hold of him next season.

Blackburn Rovers
Mike Delap, BRFCS Podcast

Lewis Travis, Defensive midfielder - Travis has grown in influence enormously over the course of the season. He has added aggression, intelligence, street smarts and attacking influence to an already strong skill-set.

Brentford
Sav Kyriacou, Beesotted Blog and Podcast

Rico Henry, Left-back - Henry finally got an injury-free run this season and has really shown his class. He has, speed, skill and overlapping runs with Said Benrahma. Pinpoint crosses. Plus quality defending has made him a class act.

Bristol City
Pauk Binning, The Exiled Robin

Nathan Baker, Centre-back - There are few standout players in a balanced squad but City's improved record when Baker plays gives him the vote. An old-school centre-half whose simple approach helps the whole defensive unit.

Cardiff City
Tomas Taylor, Sport Addict Corner

Lee Tomlin, Striker - Tomlin's goals and assists have been vital to Cardiff this season and his creativity cannot be ignored. Quite simply, we didn't play as well without him in the side. And his recent injury coincided with a downturn in Cardiff's results.

Charlton Athletic
Martin Adkins, @se7pod

Dillon Phillips, Goalkeeper - Phillips has been outstanding this season and without him we'd be bottom of the table. He has definitely won us more points than he has lost us.

Derby County
Chris Parsons, Steve Bloomer's Washing podcast

Duane Holmes, Midfielder - It took a while for Holmes to score and assist in a difficult season for Derby overall but he is great to watch. He beats players in tight spaces and his end product is improving. A fan favourite.

Fulham
Farrell Monk, Fuhamish Podcast

Aleksandar Mitrovic, Striker - Mitrovic has been the only Fulham player that has been consistently exceptional this season. Honourable mentions to Marek Rodak and Michael Hector, but without the striker's 23 goals, Fulham would be nowhere near battling for automatic promotion.

Huddersfield Town
Richard Kosmala, Takes That Chance Podcast

Karlan Grant, Striker - With 16 goals and four assists so far this season, Grant has continued where he left off in the ill-fated Premier League campaign. A player who can play wide or central, he is still only 22-years-old and has lots room for improvement.

Hull City
obbi Hadgraft, @bobbihadg

Jarrod Bowen, Winger - Despite leaving in January, Bowen was a key ingredient in Hull's gameplan. Still top scorer with 15 goals, his absence has been noticeable and without him the threat of relegation to League One now looms over us.

Leeds United
Sarah McCann, Ladies Who Leeds

Jack Harrison, Midfielder - Contributing five goals and providing seven assists, Harrison has been an integral player this season. His ability and work-rate has been pivotal in our quest for promotion to the Premier League.

Luton Town
Lewis Williams, We are Luton Town

Izzy Brown, Midfielder - After assisting six goals and scoring once in 22 appearances - only 15 of which have been starts - Brown's quality and experience have proven to be vital in Luton's fight to stay in the Championship this season.

Middlesbrough
Andy Roberts, Smoggy Scholars Podcast

Jonny Howson, Midfielder - Howson has been played in several positions this season and has been consistent wherever he has played. An outstanding contributor to a below-par team.

Millwall
Ryan Loftus, Achtung! Millwall Podcast

Jed Wallace, Winger - Jed has been the driving force behind Millwall this season, shouldering the attacking burden in his most productive season for the Lions - scoring 10 goals and with nine assists.

Nottingham Forest
Scott Eley, Munich and Madrid

Matty Cash, Right-back - Cash has been an absolute revelation since converting from a winger. Robust in the challenge, he leaps like a stag and is quality on the ball. He has great energy and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Preston North End
Jake Oates, From the Finney

Ben Pearson, Midfielder - Pearson has been our best player this season. Interceptions, tackles, driving forward with the ball and a range of passing I do not think he gets credit for. He is, without doubt, ready for the Premier League.

Queens Park Rangers
Clive Whittingham, Loft for Words

Ebere Eze, Attacking midfielder - The way Eze has matured and developed his all-round attacking and defensive game under Mark Warburton has been impressive - scoring 12 goals from midfield and getting almost as many assists. A joy to watch and a Premier League player in waiting.

Reading
Becka Ellen, @thetilehurstend

Rafael Cabral, Goalkeeper - With 10 clean sheets this season, Cabral has been vital to Reading's survival in the league. He has made some impressive saves regularly under pressure to ensure we have picked up points from games we were not expected to get anything from.

Sheffield Wednesday
Ben Woodcock, The Wednesday Week Podcast

Morgan Fox, Left-back - Morgan was a fringe player just 18 months ago and came under heavy criticism from Wednesday fans. Since then he has transformed his performances and has become a key player this season. He is sorely missed when he does not play.

Stoke City
Ben Rowley, The YYY-Files

Sam Clucas, Midfielder - Clucas is Stoke's top goalscorer - grabbing double figures from midfield. He has been crucial playing from box-to-box and has been the only consistently-brilliant performer under both Nathan Jones and Michael O'Neill.

Swansea City
Steven Carroll, SOS Fanzine

Andre Ayew, Forward - Ayew was expected to move on last summer but ended up staying and excelling - scoring 14 goals and assisting five. His regular position has been wide right although he has on occasions played up front.

West Bromwich Albion
Shin, Apna Albion

Jake Livermore, Midfielder - Fans are singing Captain Fantastico, Captain Magnifico, Jake Livermore, Jake Livermore . He has been a totally different player under Slaven Bilic - giving it 100 per cent every game. He sets the tempo and leads with his all action display.

Wigan Athletic
Adam Pendlebury, @PWUPodcast

Sam Morsy, Midfielder - Wigan's upturn in form is very much driven by our inspirational captain. He has lifted us in key moments and has chipped in with some important goals. He has always been solid but recently has taken it to a whole new level.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11966728/championship-fans-pick-their-clubs-player-of-the-season

WhiteJC

Fulham Academy Alumni

Our Category One status Academy is flourishing, with the Under-18s top of the league and the Under-23s through to the Premier League Cup quarter-finals. The youth system is in the process of developing some superb talent, with players like Matt O'Riley, Jay Stansfield and Sylvester Jasper even gaining experience with the First Team.

With this in mind, we thought we'd take a look at some of the Fulham Academy success stories in recent years.

Moussa Dembele:

The tricky Frenchman signed for Fulham at the age of 16 in 2012 from Paris Saint-Germain and quickly became a regular starter for Steve Wigley's U18s. His incredible talent was clear to see right from the off and it didn't take long for him to make the big step up.

He went on to make his professional debut in November 2013 after coming on as a substitute in the 83rd minute in a 3-0 loss against West Ham United. It was reported that Tottenham were interested in the forward, but he chose a switch to Scotland and joined Celtic under Brendan Rodgers in 2016.

He continued to shine and helped his side win the domestic treble. He soon caught the eye of French side Lyon, who he signed for in 2018 for a hefty sum of £19 million. The 23-year-old has scored 42 goals since joining.

Marek Rodák:

The Academy opened its doors to the Slovakian shot stopper midway through the 2012/13 season before signing him permanently in the Summer of 2013.

He was offered a trial for Fulham and instantly impressed, being quickly selected for the U18s despite being much younger than his teammates. He became first choice and even pushed up to the U19s, who enjoyed a successful Dallas Cup campaign with him in between the sticks.

He played a crucial role for the U18s who claimed their second successive Barclays Premier League title and made it to the final of the FA Youth Cup.

Marek filled a spot on the bench for the First Team in the 2014/15 season for our win against Leeds United and finished the season having played 16 games for Fulham's U21s.

Rodak later spent time on loan at Welling United and League Two side Accrington Stanley before making his First Team debut at the beginning of the 2017/18 season.

Ryan Sessegnon:

Sessegnon played for local team Wandgas Football Club with his brother Steven (who remains at the club) and was spotted by Fulham aged eight. He was offered a six-week trial and soon joined the Academy permanently.

He attended Coombe Boys' School in New Malden alongside his football development, which is a stone's throw away from Motspur Park.

Ryan made his way through the ranks and eventually made his senior debut in 2016, aged 16. The attacking left-back became the first footballer born in the 2000s to score a goal in a First Team game and the youngest to score in the Championship.

He played a big part in Fulham's promotion to the Premier league in 2017/18, scoring 15 goals. He totalled 25 goals in 120 games for the Whites.

It was this potential that tempted Mauricio Pochettino to pay a whopping £25 million for his signature.

Steven Sessegnon:

The English defender/midfielder joined us straight from school football and showed potential at a young age. He suffered a knee injury in 2015/16 whilst playing for the England U16s alongside his brother, but fought hard to make an eventual return for the Fulham U18s early the following season.

He became a regular figure for the U18s and was soon called up to the PL2 side by Peter Grant.

Steven signed a three-year professional contract in the Summer of 2017, with his brother, and went on to make his senior debut in a 2-0 Carabao Cup win against Wycombe Wanderers in August.
Sessegnon remains at the club today and has become a versatile First Team player, making 13 appearances in all competitions so far this season.

Patrick Roberts:

Patrick joined Fulham from AFC Wimbledon at the age of 13 and enjoyed spells playing for the U18s and U23s.

He signed a professional deal on his 17th birthday and made his Premier League debut against future side Manchester City in March 2014.

The Kingston-born winger struggled to regularly break into the First Team, who were fighting for top flight survival and his campaign ended with defeat in the FA Youth Cup Final with the U18s.

His only full season for the Whites saw him make 17 appearances before joining City for of a fee of around £12 million.

Roberts spent two-and-a-half seasons on loan at Scottish side Celtic, winning back-to-back trebles. He gained further loan experience at Spanish side Girona and Norwich City. He is currently on loan at fellow Championship outfit Middlesbrough.

Emerson Hyndman:

Hyndman joined the Fulham Academy in 2011 at the age of 15. He initially joined up with Mark Pembridge's U16 squad for the 2011/12 season before moving up to the U18s the following year.

In his first U18s game he put on a fantastic, man-of-the-match display scoring a hat-trick in a 7-1 thrashing over Wolves. His side went on to win the Championship in 2013 and the Dallas Cup.

His consistency saw him sign his first professional contract in April 2013 and after spells in the U21 side, he got his first taste of First Team football at the age of 18 in the league opener against Ipswich Town where he put on another superb display in midfield.

In 2016, Hyndman signed a four-year deal with AFC Bournemouth and has since signed for MLS side Atlanta United.

Cauley Woodrow:

The striker spent seven years at Fulham progressing through the ranks. He won the Premier Academy League in each of his first two seasons with the U18s as well as the Dallas Cup.

His senior debut came in 2013/14 and his first Premier League goal came on the final day of the season in a 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace. He went on to make 66 appearances for Fulham, scoring 12 goals in the process, including the 2016/17 goal of the season.

Cauley joined then League One club Barnsley in the Summer of 2018 and has enjoyed a strong season this year, with 14 goals to his name so far.

Harvey Elliott:

Like Sessegnon, Elliott also attended Coombe Boys' School whilst playing in the Academy, making 29 appearances for the U18s and U23s combined in all competitions, scoring seven goals.

He broke into the U18s squad in 2017/18 despite only being 14 years of age. His consistently strong performances saw him make the trip to Spain with the First Team to take on Indian side ATK in a friendly.

His senior debut came in the EFL Cup when he was still just 15-years old. He later became the youngest player to play in the Premier League after coming on in a 1-0 loss against Wolves towards the end of the 18/19 season. He was 16 years and 30 days old, breaking the previous record held by former Fulham player Matthew Briggs.

In July 2019, he joined Liverpool having also received interest from Real Madrid and PSG.

Who do you think will be the next potential Academy superstar?

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/april/02/fulham-academy-alumni

WhiteJC

Play the Fulham Flutter to support the Coronavirus Relief Effort

These are challenging times for us all, as we navigate our way through the Coronavirus crisis. Everyone here at Fulham Football Club and Foundation sends our sincerest support and well wishes to you all.

Keen to identify the most impactful way to help our community through this, we have decided to hold a virtual Fulham Flutter, in lieu of the matchday draw. This will take place on days when home games would have taken place, under normal circumstances.

Proceeds from the first draw on Saturday 4th April will now be directed towards the Hammersmith and Fulham foodbank, with subsequent draws benefitting Fulham FC Foundation as normal. Extra funds will mean they can continue their vital work, including operating a delivery-only service to the most vulnerable.

The first of these draws will take place on the 4th April with the following prizes on offer:

Multiple Cash Prizes
    Squad signed shirt
    Josh Onomah signed shirt

Buy your online ticket for this weekend's draw from £2.

Winners will be notified via email.

Please gamble responsibly. Be Gamble Aware.

T+C's Apply 16+

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/april/03/fulham-flutter

WhiteJC

Send Us Your Wolfsburg Photos!

Throughout the season, we're celebrating the 10 year anniversary of Fulham's extraordinary run to the Europa League Final.

That immense 19-match campaign gave supporters the opportunity to follow their Club to a number of new countries, creating some fantastic memories as you followed Fulham away.

Therefore, on the anniversary of each fixture, we want to showcase a gallery of your photos from those away trips, be it pictures from the game itself, pre-match merriment with your fellow fans, or any snaps you may have got with Fulham players.

This Wednesday (April 8th) will be 10 years to the day of our away match against Wolfsburg, so we'd like those of you who headed to Germany to see us book a Semi-Final spot to please send us your pictures from the trip.

Please email any photos you'd like included to [email protected].

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/april/03/send-us-your-wolfsburg-photos

WhiteJC

Rhys' Pieces: Championship Correlation

With Fulham's final nine games of this captivating Championship season thrown into limbo, Rhys Daly takes a look at how the current campaign compares to White's previous four outings in the Second tier of English football.

2014/15 season

After a simply torrid start to Championship life in 2014, our first season in the second-tier since the 2000/01, Felix Magath got the chop before the end of September.

Manager: Felix Magath / Kit Symonds
    Bookies prediction: 4th
    Position after 35 fixtures: 20th
    League finish: 17th

The three-time Bundesliga winning boss saw his methods scoffed at by Fulham's ageing Premier League squad the previous season, with their younger successors left just as baffled and ineffective.

Jesse Joronen, Cameron Burgess, Chris David and Emerson Hyndman (remember them?) all started in their opening clash against Ipswich, with then-player Scott Parker and Ross McCormack struggling to set the tone for the inexperienced prospects in an unforgiving division.

Following Felix's departure, fan confidence in the team was at a significant low. However, following a run of four wins in his 7 games as caretaker boss, the Hammersmith faithful delighted in how Kit Symons had given them 'their Fulham back'. This prompted the Khans to employ him permanently at the end of October – then their 3rd managerial hire of a short tenancy.

A mixed end to the season included a run of just four wins in 21 fixtures, with the Welshman struggling to find the right balance with a midfield including both Bryan Ruiz and Sean Kavanagh. Memorable wins over both Blackpool and Middlesbrough helped to restore some faith, and lifted the sour mood over the Cottage ahead of Kit's first full pre-season.

2015/16 season

The aforementioned faith would only last until November of 2015, as an old fashioned merry-go-round began in the Riverside dugout.

Manager: Kit Symons / Slavisa Jokanovic
    Bookies prediction: 18th
    Position after 35 fixtures: 19th
    League finish: 20th

Symons was dismissed after a rather disappointing 5-2 home capitulation to Birmingham, which followed a run of five wins in their opening 15 games.

Although the Whites sat 12th after that loss, which was an improvement on the previous campaign, the Khans clearly had loftier targets. Peter Grant, and then Stuart Gray, held the fort until Slavia Jokanovic stepped in two days after Christmas 2015 – joining from then-Champions League side Maccabi Tel Aviv.

In what was a poor start for the former Watford boss, Fulham won just twice in his first 13 games. With relegation a real possibility, a run of three victories against MK Dons Preston and Cardiff in April ended any doubts that Fulham would drop down to the third tier of English football.

Although the last five games included a 5-0 bashing by Brighton and 3-0 capitulation against Brentford, cautious optimism and faith remained in Jokanovic ahead of what could be a busy summer.

2016/17 season

Although many tipped the Whites to struggle after Moussa Dembélé and Ross McCormack moved to Celtic and Aston Villa respectively, some truly inspired work in the transfer market dramatically changed Fulham's chances of success.

Manager: Slavisa Jokanovic
    Bookies prediction: 10th
    Position after 35 fixtures: 7th
    League finish: 6th

The arrivals of Stefan Johansen, Kevin McDonald, Scott Malone, Sone Aluko, Denis Odoi, Neeskens Kebano and Floyd Ayité proved almost instantly effective, and were superbly supplemented by the loan additions of Tomáš Kalas, Lucas Piazon and (the controversial) Chris Martin.

A memorable win over title favourites Newcastle and their Champions League winning boss Rafa Benitez under the lights at Craven Cottage kicked off what would be a memorable season, with a mid-table core sandwiched between spells in the top six.

After an agonising 11 weeks in seventh place, five wins from our last six games fired Fulham into sixth place – bringing the Premier League back into reach for the first time in 3 years. However, it seems in that run the squad ran out of steam at the most crucial stage of the season, losing to Reading over two legs courtesy of a very controversial Yann Kermorgant penalty.

However, it was clear that the side were moving in the right direction, and the next season was to be a very special one.

2017/18 season

Whilst there was plenty of optimism around the team Jokanovic was building in West London, spirits were quickly dampened. Only one win in opening six games, and an indifferent festive period, meant Fulham found themselves in mid-table mediocrity. However, a historic run of 23 games unbeaten pushed the Whites to within two points of automatic promotion.

Manager: Slavisa Jokanovic
    Bookies prediction: 2nd
    Position after 35 fixtures: 4th
    League finish: 3rd

The run included 18 wins, 11 clean sheets and 10 goals for Ryan Sessegnon. Fulham's golden boy came of age on the wing, with the support of Cairney, McDonald and Johansen's midfield key trio.

The arrival of Aleksandar Mitrović also deserves a large mention, the Serbian netting 12 times in his 17 Championship outings while providing a fine outlet during our second Play-off campaign in two years.

Despite losing away to Derby in the first leg of the semi-final, Sessegnon and Odoi found the net to cause a pitch invasion that wasn't to be ruined by a fall at the final hurdle.

That day at Wembley is quite simply the greatest in the club's domestic history, with Cairney sliding home from Sessegnon's pass to fire Fulham back to the promised land of the Premier League.

The day, which was the hottest of the year so far, saw at least 35,000 supporters descend on the national stadium – a day which will last long in the memory of the fans who walked down Wembley way.

2019/20 season

Although Fulham won three of their last five Premier League games under their former captain, there was plenty of scepticism among fans ahead of their return to the second tier.

Manager: Scott Parker
    Bookies prediction: 4th
    Position after 37 fixtures: 3rd
    League finish: ?

Defeat at Barnsley on the opening day set to the tone for what has been an inconsistent and frustrating season at times.

In fairness, this Fulham incarnation have seemed to develop a knack of winning when it really matters, including victories over Huddersfield, QPR and Leeds – and thanks to these victories we sit in a slightly-flattering 3rd place.

Super-Serb Mitrović has been the talisman in attack, with 23 goals, supported amicably by now-permanent signings Bobby Decordova-Reid, Michael Hector and Ivan Cavaleiro.

With Leeds and West Brom leading the race to promotion, it's been Parker's Fulham who have led the chasing pack since the turn of the year. Once boasting a gap of 12 points, the two sides are now just seven and six points clear.

The final nine games of the season have been thrown into doubt by the ongoing coronavirus crisis, with some suggestions including the automatic promotion of the top two with the Whites missing out.

Whatever happens, Parker and his players have entertained with glimpses of the attacking brilliance the strength of the lineup would predict. However, they have been let down by consistency, with the dreaded counter-attack their downfall on multiple occasions.

In what is certain to be go down as the most difficult season of all-time for the football league and the Premier League, the only thing that is certain is the return of the Fulham faithful in their relative droves when the Cottage reopens later this year.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2020-04-03-rhys-pieces-championship-correlation/