watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Sunderland Til I Die

Started by love4ffc, April 08, 2020, 03:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Wondering if anyone else is watching the series Sunderland Til I Die?  I am up to Season 2 episode 5 and I'm really enjoying it.  Don't give two figs about Sunderland but I am finding it fascinating watching how they got double relegated, sold and managed throughout their last two seasons. 

Can see similarities between Sunderland and Fulham and count Fulham even more now lucky not to have done the same and gotten double relegated to league one. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

jarv

Just watched the first one. Excellent beginning, probably binge watch today, stuck in like everyone else.

Fulham 442

We enjoyed watching it over a couple of nights. Great to get a bit of a football fix. I like Sunderland,  have a couple of friends who are supporters so that probably makes a difference as I always check their results. Always strikes me as a proper football club with passionate fans.

love4ffc

Quote from: Fulham 442 on April 08, 2020, 04:54:42 PM
We enjoyed watching it over a couple of nights. Great to get a bit of a football fix. I like Sunderland,  have a couple of friends who are supporters so that probably makes a difference as I always check their results. Always strikes me as a proper football club with passionate fans.
The series does show that Sunderland have some very passionate fans.  To the point (don't want to give away anything) but, at the end of a match a certain manager with relations to Fulham gets an ear full after a bad result from a fan that almost ends in brawl  :010:

clanky

Great viewing and perhpas give us insight that being an owner, manager and/or a player isn't all sweetness and light.

They are human with strains ans stresses that we all suffer from, including the strain on wives etc.

Some good, some bad

intersting that their main striker Josh Maja was released by us

bog

Just stared watching this. Makes for good viewing.

092.gif

love4ffc

Quote from: clanky on April 08, 2020, 08:46:23 PM
Great viewing and perhpas give us insight that being an owner, manager and/or a player isn't all sweetness and light.

They are human with strains ans stresses that we all suffer from, including the strain on wives etc.

Some good, some bad

intersting that their main striker Josh Maja was released by us

Agree, the series does give a fair amount of insight on running a club and I do think it is harder then people think. 

jarv

Thanks for recommending this. I have watched 6 now. What surprises me is the comments, interviews by everyone involved. Not too many appear to be camera shy and no silly footballer comments, some quite intelligent actually.

bill taylors apprentice

Having seen both series I couldn't believe how many  non playing staff were employed but seemed to have little enthusiasm  or drive to get things done.

It may have been the way the show was edited but considering their so called allegiance to the club, many just didn't seem to get it or make an effort.

SP

Just started watching this & really enjoying it. Makes me realise how much I miss the small things involved on a match day. 

FFC1987

I thought it was a terrific social documentary about the world of football and its influence on and mainly off the pitch.

Logicalman

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 12, 2020, 12:51:45 PM
I thought it was a terrific social documentary about the world of football and its influence on and mainly off the pitch.

Perfectly stated.   :54:

We watched it and saw so many parallels for us as Fulham fans.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.