watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't miss football generally one bit

Started by 70sPimlico, April 09, 2020, 10:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Not missing football one bit, not even Fulham really, once it's back up and running again I'll ignore all football other than fulham but at the moment enjoying doing a number of online courses. To be fair fell out of love with football a while ago and watched out of habit, definitely restricting what I watch now.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

RaySmith

For me football is Fulham, and  only interested in it as far as Fulham are involved.
And yes, I miss Fulham games a lot.

A major lockdown  downer for me, and also taking part in sport myself - cycling and running events that have been cancelled, though I don't miss them as much as Fulham games - as long as  i can still go out cycling and running, not so worried about  taking part competitively these days- but for how much longer will this be allowed?

I can though, exercise indoors - with a treadmill and  cycle turbo trainer, where you put your bike in a device which enables you to pedal at different intensities, while  stationary, but nothing beats going outside for the psychological and sheer enjoyment  benefits.

Woolly Mammoth

I have been running on the spot for years. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Brian McGroom

Been following Fulham and Football in General since 1968, But after having a Kidney transplant last year causing me to miss several games last season sort of got out of the habit, Have a season ticket this year but have not really enjoyed it, Now I'm stuck at home for 12 weeks I've taken stock of my life and somehow football really doesn't seem that important at the moment, Pretty sure I'll be back but at the moment I miss my grandchildren more than football

Logicalman

Quote from: _Putney_ on April 09, 2020, 12:15:52 PM
I just wish I could be like the others and not miss football. Wish it could be me.

Same here, but we're not.
I miss the weekend footie, miss watching Fulham play, listening to the crowd, the rush when we score and the disappointment of a loss. I miss wearing my shirt to watch a game (even taken to wearing it when working now to compensate).
The only thing I don't miss are the 'expert' punters who drivel on.

With the self-isolation the weeks just drift by, keeping ourselves busy, the house is cleaner and tidier though, but nothing to look forwards to like the next Fulham game. A bit like the Summer break - but with no end!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.