watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

‘Look & Feel’ of Friends of Fulham

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 13, 2020, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Having been around since 2008, how do many of you find the current 'look & feel' of Friends of Fulham?

We've made a couple of changes over the years, moving from one Forum software to another, plus, changing our web host provider, but, we'd like some feedback on the overall  'look & feel' of the Forum and Website.

Do you like the current theme of grey, or, do you feel it needs freshening up a it, with simple, clean colours, something like black, white and red?

The Friends of Fulham Logo, again, has been with us since 2008, it's recognisable, but, does it need simplifying, to keep up with today's trends?

Now we have a bit of a break, we feel it'd be a good time to get some feedback, not on how the Forum is run / moderated, but, based on the overall look / feel, or any areas we can improve on, to make your user experience even better.

Let us have your thoughts below.

AnOldBrownie

Newb response.

As a regular poster on a lot of sports forums since 1998, Fof is one of the more easily accessible forums out there.  There are better forums imo...but they aren't European football driven.

Compared to Redcafe.net and Juventus.com I think your software choice, layout and color scheme are good.

The only thing I don't like is that whenever I come to the site it defaults to the UNREAD POST page instead of the main page. Personally I like starting on the main page and choosing which forum I go to (always GENERAL).

Good job.

Another sports site that I love (yet hate their color scheme) is Lakersground.net. It's one of two sites that I've frequented for years that use that forum software.

Sgt Fulham

I love the current theme, it fits well with our club and makes everything very easy to read and uncluttered.

filham

Everything seems fine to me.
I have just watched the video of Tosh, Fred and George, what a scoop. you can do no wrong in my eyes at the moment.

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ron

Fulham Joe

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SP

Twig

Can I make a small suggestion? Not sure what stand is used as a background to this page but why not use our own stadium, the Hammy End perhaps?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Twig on April 13, 2020, 09:50:01 PM
Can I make a small suggestion? Not sure what stand is used as a background to this page but why not use our own stadium, the Hammy End perhaps?
Isn't it Wembley on play-off day?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

Yes I like it easy to use and quite a friendly place to visit

RaySmith

I like it - clear and easy to use.

Like the 'modify' function a lot, too.

hovewhite

Southdowns White

As a Dyslexic person the grey background behind the writing of comments makes reading easier for me,  I was recently told that up to 40% of all people find reading easier when there is less of a contrast between the text writing and it's background as opposed to Black writing on a stark white background. I have been colour tested and now use a blue cover sheet over the pages when reading books and articles, this means i am able to absorb the information without reading it over and over again, i know, it sounds odd.
I personally like the white wall image at Wembley as it reminds me of a wonderful day and a coming together of the whole Fulham family.

bog

I have no complaints at all, as with Southdowns White that view of the white wall is such a reminder. If this ever shut down where would we all go? As was sung in a famous song 'you don't know what you've got till it's gone...'  A big thanks for those who keep this going.   :54: 082.gif   

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

I find the feel a bit squishy and and at times it looks a bit damp. But you get that in old forums.

On the whole I find it hard to fault. Often brighter colours just hide a lack of content.

Easy to navigate and mostly simple to use even for somebody lacking in modern know how.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 13, 2020, 10:05:01 PM
Quote from: Twig on April 13, 2020, 09:50:01 PM
Isn't it Wembley on play-off day?

Ah ok, in that case perhaps makes sense. It wasn't terribly recognisable though (at least not to a dunce like me).

Barrett487

I've been happy with the format for as long as i remember.

Unless someone has objected, or suggested an improvement, i don't understand the need.

Is there a requirement for the site to ask the question to comply with regulations?