watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Just got back

Started by bog, April 16, 2020, 10:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Left home at 7-30am, met up with my mate Peter Beatty. Soon on the train to Birmingham. From out the window great to see all the Fulham fans waving scarves out the car windows on the M1. Found Villa Park alright. The pre match atmosphere was great. Massive crowd. We run em ragged. Johnny dictated play and Mo Cook was brilliant. Let's not forget Burnley are in the top two and we had just lost 11 games in a row!  We were all over em, then Graham put us 1 up at our end and we went raving mad! We should have been 3 up at half time. The weather was awful, wind and rain and then snow!  Then Robson equalised for them in the second half. Bloody painful that was, but we were still playing well.
  Then, I will never forget this, Mo Cook, down at the other end near the end, was clean through when he went round their 'keeper Blacklaw. We were all ready to scream and shout for a goal and dream of Wembley when he flattened Mo. We went mad, it has to be a pen then....no the daft ref waved play on! We were robbed rotten! If I live to 2020 I will still be talking about that stupid decision. I wonder if because we are the smaller club he didn't give it?  I wish we could see that in slow motion. Perhaps we will be able to one day. Okay we may not have scored, but we should have been given the chance. From the spot Jimmy Langley missing? Never! Burnley, as good a side as they are, got away with it today. Hard journey home, thought I was never going to get back to Hanger Lane and the bus to Hanwell. But the day out made me realise that I will be Fulham FC forever. One day I will go to Wembley and see us play....  049:gif

092.gif     

Not much to do today so I offer this from Memory Lane, does anyone know the post code? 

filham

Yes remember the match well . We travelled in the Chief Draughtsman's Morris Minor and nearly ran out of Petrol on the M.I.
Motorways were new to everyone in those days and we were not aware of the distance between petrol pumps.

A great game, which we could have won.

jarv

I remember listening to it on the radio.