https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 18/04/20...

Started by WhiteJC, April 18, 2020, 08:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Open Letter To Supporters

Dear supporter,

The COVID-19 pandemic has, quite clearly, brought about challenges which extend beyond the game we all love, and led to an unprecedented and testing situation for everyone.

In these circumstances, open and honest communication is more important than ever, and it is with this in mind that I am writing directly to supporters of every EFL Club today on the 132nd anniversary of the foundation of the Football League.

I want to start by offering my condolences to those who have lost loved ones to this terrible disease. I would also like to acknowledge once again the incredible work being carried out by key workers, including front-line NHS staff and carers, at this difficult time. Their collective sacrifice for the health and wellbeing of others is something to be truly proud of, and one which – on behalf of the EFL – I would like to sincerely thank them for.

It is often said that football is like a family, and we have seen that many of those undertaking vital work are fans of EFL Clubs. From Bristol to Bolton and Colchester to Carlisle, supporters across the country are among the heroes making a positive impact, and it has been heartening to see and hear the stories of people coming together at such a crucial time.

Our Clubs are also rising to the challenge and are carrying out important work in their local communities. We know that eight in 10 people in England and Wales live within a 15-mile radius of an EFL club, so whether it's offering practical, emotional or physical support, the help football clubs are providing should not be underestimated.

It is, of course, by continuing to adhere to Government guidelines that we can all play our part in the national effort against coronavirus and so I'd also like to take this opportunity to urge you all to stay at home. In doing so, you will save lives.

When it comes to footballing matters, I understand the desire among fans for definitive answers, particularly around the conclusion of 2019/20 campaign. As I am sure you will appreciate, the situation presents significant operational and financial challenges, including the logistics of Clubs returning to full operational status, the practicalities of playing football behind closed doors, and the possible knock-on effects for the 2020/21 campaign. Please be assured that we are working hard on these and will update you as soon as we can once decisions have been made.

To give you an honest assessment of the current situation; the point at which you will be able to attend games again remains unclear. Please be assured, however, that we are going to welcome you back to stadiums as soon as it is safe to do so. Your contribution to the matchday experience and atmospheres created in stadia up and down the country is something we should never take for granted. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you today when football will resume, though whenever we do return, matches are likely to be played without crowds.

And whilst we are unfortunately without the presence of the hundreds of thousands of supporters who pass through EFL turnstiles each week, we will endeavour to bring live football direct into your homes once it returns. Plans are continuing to be worked up for all games to be broadcast either via our broadcast partners, iFollow or equivalent Club streaming services. We will update you on this once we know when matches will recommence.

The contribution to football's finances made by match-going supporters should not be underestimated. It is critical to the business model of league football. Perhaps the biggest challenge right now is not knowing when we will be

able to reintroduce football in front of crowds. We can only hope that the situation develops in such a way that we will be able to do with the shortest possible break.

With or without spectators, delivering a successful conclusion to the 2019/20 season remains our goal to ensure the integrity of our competitions. This, of course, means that a number of factors – including when, where and within what timeframe fixtures will be played – must be given careful consideration in line with Government advice. Similar factors must also be taken into account when agreeing an approach towards player training and testing, not least the appropriate level of medical resource and creation of an effective and efficient medical matchday protocol.

As we've previously stated, the health and wellbeing of our Clubs, their players and staff, and you – the fans – remains our first priority, and so you can appreciate that we want to give thorough and rigorous thought to these matters.

From the outset, we have committed to regular dialogue with each of these groups, as well as the Government, in order to tackle the challenges we face as effectively as possible. As well as taking into account the current climate in terms of public opinion, including those views of fans, we are regularly taking ideas and suggestions from our Clubs.

Aside from two catastrophic World Wars, this pandemic is arguably the most challenging issue to have affected football since the League was founded 132 years ago. Our Clubs have been left with significant outgoings while facing a sudden loss of income. With this in mind, I'm sure you will be aware of talk about wages and deferrals. Good progress is being made in these areas, with a view to this assisting in delivering medium to long-term solutions that protect our game for years to come.

As I said when I arrived, the EFL and its Clubs matter to many people, but most of all to the supporters. It is natural, at this stage, that you will have many questions, and we will endeavour to continue to provide answers and solutions, but we must do so with your health – as well as that of the entire nation - in mind.

I thank you for your patience so far and ask for more of the same; this is a serious situation which is changing by the day, and one which requires informed and considered decisions. The next few weeks will bring more clarity when it comes to our operational plans and, as always, we'll look to maintain regular communication.

One thing we can be sure of is that football, and normality, will return, and will so do more quickly if we remain united.

For now, thank you for your ongoing support and, please, stay safe.

Yours sincerely,

Rick Parry

EFL Chairman

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/april/17/open-letter-to-supporters

WhiteJC

Foundation Round-Up

This week, Fulham Football Club Foundation has been busy with its digital engagement offer, designed to keep supporters and participants socially connected, while practicing physical distancing.

Fulham Flutter

This included the second virtual edition of Fulham Flutter, the Foundation's matchday raffle. Following a successful first virtual raffle, raising funds for Hammersmith & Fulham Foodbank, the second edition raised more than £800 for Fulham FC Foundation.

In addition to cash prizes, one lucky winner went home with a Scott Parker-worn tracksuit! The Foundation is pleased to report an increase in the number of subscriptions, illustrating the commitment from FFC fans to support the local community during this challenging time.

The next Fulham Flutter draw will take place on 25th April. 

Befriending Service

The Foundation is no stranger to the importance of social connections, having designed its Walking Football and Fulham Memories programmes to tackle social isolation amongst adults. At a time when social distancing is of the utmost importance, the Foundation has found new ways to stay connected with supporters and participants.

More than 650 supporters/participants had been on the receiving end of phone calls, with staff ensuring that they are keeping both mentally and physically well. The Telephone Befriending service will continue to check back on those identified, on a regular basis, subject to preferences. The Foundation have been working closely with South Fulham Primary Care Network to ensure that the most vulnerable in our community are looked after.

Stay Home Stay Fulham Fit

Whether you're at home with children or looking to break-up the day with activities to keep you physically and mentally fit, Stay Home Stay Fulham Fit is a new, useful resource. With videos posted on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to FFC's Youtube channel and to the website under Foundation News, there are challenges aplenty to join in.

This week saw Coach James Bailey challenge participants to an at-home plank challenge, and CEO Mike McSweeney take on the Stair Pyramid alongside his daughter. We invite all of our supporters and participants to get involved and share your experiences with us!

In addition, our team has been working diligently to look after participants of our Fulham Kicks and disability programmes. Bespoke challenges and activities have been designed and shared regularly via programme leads and Head Coaches. More information on the Kicks Live programme coming soon!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/april/17/foundation-round-up

WhiteJC

Club hold transfer talks with Fulham – Cottagers want €10m

Fotomac claim Galatasaray have held talks with Fulham with regards to signing Jean Michael Seri and the Championship club reportedly want €10m for the player.

The Ivorian had a slow start to his Galatasaray career after joining the Super Lig club on a loan deal last summer, but in the second half of the season he's established himself as a key player in Fatih Terim's team.

His good run of form has led to talk of him staying at the Turkish club, and Fotomac report that Gala officials have held initial talks with Fulham about the player.

It's claimed the Championship side would like to keep Seri in their squad if they manage to return to the Premier League but if they remain in the second tier, then they will look to part ways with the player permanently.

The 28 year old has made 29 appearances for Galatasaray this season in all competitions, and scored one goal. His contract at Craven Cottage will expire at the end of June 2022.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-hold-transfer-talks-fulham-cottagers-want-e10m/

WhiteJC

2019/20 EFL season to resume behind closed doors as chief reveals TV plan in lengthy open letter

The EFL chairman has issued a lengthy letter to supporters of all 71 EFL clubs

EFL chairman Rick Parry has issued an open letter to all supporters of clubs within the EFL in the midst of the coronavirus crisis.

The COVID-19 pandemic has brought English football to halt, as it has right across Europe, and it has led to testing times for everyone involved in football.

But in the bigger picture, football is not quite as important as some of the troubles and pain that some people have suffered since the start of the pandemic, with thousands of people in England having lost their lives due to COVID-19.

But football, as well all know only too well, can unite people from all walks of life, and Parry has now issued an open letter to supporters of all clubs across the EFL.

In full, the letter Parry has released read: "Dear supporter, The COVID-19 pandemic has, quite clearly, brought about challenges which extend beyond the game we all love, and led to an unprecedented and testing situation for everyone.

"In these circumstances, open and honest communication is more important than ever, and it is with this in mind that I am writing directly to supporters of every EFL Club today on the 132nd anniversary of the foundation of the Football League.

"I want to start by offering my condolences to those who have lost loved ones to this terrible disease. I would also like to acknowledge once again the incredible work being carried out by key workers, including front-line NHS staff and carers, at this difficult time. Their collective sacrifice for the health and wellbeing of others is something to be truly proud of, and one which – on behalf of the EFL – I would like to sincerely thank them for.

"It is often said that football is like a family, and we have seen that many of those undertaking vital work are fans of EFL Clubs. From Bristol to Bolton and Colchester to Carlisle, supporters across the country are among the heroes making a positive impact, and it has been heartening to see and hear the stories of people coming together at such a crucial time.

"Our Clubs are also rising to the challenge and are carrying out important work in their local communities. We know that eight in 10 people in England and Wales live within a 15-mile radius of an EFL club, so whether it's offering practical, emotional or physical support, the help football clubs are providing should not be underestimated.

"It is, of course, by continuing to adhere to Government guidelines that we can all play our part in the national effort against coronavirus and so I'd also like to take this opportunity to urge you all to stay at home. In doing so, you will save lives.

"When it comes to footballing matters, I understand the desire among fans for definitive answers, particularly around the conclusion of the 2019/20 campaign. As I am sure you will appreciate, the situation presents significant operational and financial challenges, including the logistics of Clubs returning to full operational status, the practicalities of playing football behind closed doors, and the possible knock-on effects for the 2020/21 campaign. Please be assured that we are working hard on these and will update you as soon as we can once decisions have been made.

"To give you an honest assessment of the current situation; the point at which you will be able to attend games again remains unclear. Please be assured, however, that we are going to welcome you back to stadiums as soon as it is safe to do so. Your contribution to the matchday experience and atmospheres created in stadia up and down the country is something we should never take for granted. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you today when football will resume, though whenever we do return, matches are likely to be played without crowds.

"And whilst we are unfortunately without the presence of the hundreds of thousands of supporters who pass through EFL turnstiles each week, we will endeavour to bring live football direct into your homes once it returns. Plans are continuing to be worked up for all games to be broadcast either via our broadcast partners, iFollow or equivalent Club streaming services. We will update you on this once we know when matches will recommence.

"The contribution to football's finances made by match-going supporters should not be underestimated. It is critical to the business model of league football. Perhaps the biggest challenge right now is not knowing when we will be

able to reintroduce football in front of crowds. We can only hope that the situation develops in such a way that we will be able to do it with the shortest possible break.

"With or without spectators, delivering a successful conclusion to the 2019/20 season remains our goal to ensure the integrity of our competitions. This, of course, means that a number of factors – including when, where and within what timeframe fixtures will be played – must be given careful consideration in line with Government advice. Similar factors must also be taken into account when agreeing an approach towards player training and testing, not least the appropriate level of medical resource and creation of an effective and efficient medical matchday protocol.

"As we've previously stated, the health and wellbeing of our Clubs, their players and staff, and you – the fans – remains our first priority, and so you can appreciate that we want to give thorough and rigorous thought to these matters.

From the outset, we have committed to regular dialogue with each of these groups, as well as the Government, in order to tackle the challenges we face as effectively as possible. As well as taking into account the current climate in terms of public opinion, including those views of fans, we are regularly taking ideas and suggestions from our Clubs.

"Aside from two catastrophic World Wars, this pandemic is arguably the most challenging issue to have affected football since the League was founded 132 years ago. Our Clubs have been left with significant outgoings while facing a sudden loss of income. With this in mind, I'm sure you will be aware of talk about wages and deferrals. Good progress is being made in these areas, with a view to this assisting in delivering medium to long-term solutions that protect our game for years to come.

"As I said when I arrived, the EFL and its Clubs matter to many people, but most of all to the supporters. It is natural, at this stage, that you will have many questions, and we will endeavour to continue to provide answers and solutions, but we must do so with your health – as well as that of the entire nation - in mind.

"I thank you for your patience so far and ask for more of the same; this is a serious situation which is changing by the day, and one which requires informed and considered decisions.

"The next few weeks will bring more clarity when it comes to our operational plans and, as always, we'll look to maintain regular communication.

"One thing we can be sure of is that football, and normality, will return, and will do so more quickly if we remain united.

"For now, thank you for your ongoing support and, please, stay safe."

https://www.football.london/football-league/efl-letter-latest-news-promotion-18105725

WhiteJC

confirmed Dickson Etuhu: Former Man City and Fulham player handed five-year football ban for match-fixing in Sweden

The former Manchester City, Preston and Fulham footballer Dickson Etuhu has been handed a five-year football ban for match-fixing.

Etuhu, 37, cannot play in Sweden for the next half-decade having been found guilty of attempting to fix a match between IFK Gothenburg and AIK in 2017.

The Guardian say Etuhu avoided a prison sentence when he was found guilty last November, but he was hit with a fine and also ordered to serve probation.

His lawyers intend to take the case to Sweden's supreme court after the ruling.

Etuhu, along with former IFK Rossjoholm player Alban Jusufi, is claimed to have met with AIK goalkeeper Kyriakos Stamatopoulos in May 2017 and offered him a £160,000 bribe to under-perform against Gothenburg.

Stamatopoulos reported the approach, however, and the upcoming fixture was postponed.

The Swedish football federation have now made the decision to ban both Etuhu and Jusufi for 'deliberately trying to persuade an Allsvenskan player to underperform in one of their team's matches'.

https://talksport.com/football/695598/dickson-etuhu-former-man-city-and-fulham-player-handed-five-year-football-ban-for-match-fixing-in-sweden/

WhiteJC

Jamie Carragher can't contain his laughter on Sky Sports show after former Manchester United striker Louis Saha admits he used to cut it fine arriving to team meetings because he knew it would 'p*** off' Gary Neville

Louis Saha left Jamie Carragher in hysterics during an appearance on Sky Sports
    He said he used to cut it fine arriving to meetings to 'p*** off' Gary Neville
    Neville revealed Sir Alex Ferguson asked his defenders if he should sign Saha
    Carragher admitted the Frenchman's movement caused him a lot of problems

amie Carragher was left in hysterics on Friday morning after Louis Saha admitted he cut it fine arriving to Manchester United team meetings because 'I knew I could p*** you off'.

The former Fulham, Everton and United striker was a guest in the latter stages of Friday's The Football Show on Sky Sports and briefly came on to talk about life in lockdown in the south of France.

But Neville could not let the opportunity go to waste and wanted to call out his former team-mate for turning up to team meetings just as they were about to start.

Louis Saha said he cut it fine arriving to Manchester United meetings to 'p*** off' Gary Neville

Asked by Neville why he turned up 15 seconds before Sir Alex Ferguson's briefings started, Saha shot back: 'I knew I could p*** you off so I did it on purpose.'

That prompted Carragher to burst out laughing in the background with Neville also finding it hilarious.

When the laughter had calmed down, Neville lauded Saha with praise and admitted Sir Alex consulted his senior players before buying the striker from Fulham for around £12million in 2004.

Neville said: 'Sir Alex never asked us which players we should sign or for information about players we were going to sign but after we played Fulham once he asked if we should sign Saha.

'We all said "yes". He was unbelievable with Rooney, amazing. He gave me nightmares when I played against Fulham.'

Saha scored 84 goals in 288 Premier League appearances, winning the title twice and the Champions League in 2007/08.

Carragher added: 'I came up against him for lots of teams, some of Liverpool's biggest rivals in United and Everton.

'He was the best at going short and then spinning off in behind.

'Very few strikers do that so it was definitely something you caught me off guard with a few times.'

Asked to explain why he felt his movement was key to scoring goals in the top flight, Saha explained: 'Most of the defenders liked to be tight so I knew I could suck them in.

'It was smart movement that I was trying to master. It's combinations, trying to do different things and finding ways to upset the defender.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8229539/Jamie-Carragher-contain-laughter-Louis-Sahas-swipe-Gary-Neville.html

WhiteJC

The under the radar Tottenham player who is exciting staff and could be Mourinho's secret weapon

The Tottenham Hotspur teenager has been working hard behind the scenes this season and could really make his mark in the next campaign

Ryan Sessegnon

Amid the chaos at Tottenham Hotspur last season, Ryan Sessegnon's first campaign got somewhat lost between the cracks.

While fellow summer signings Giovani Lo Celso and Tanguy Ndombele have made headlines for very different reasons to each other, the teenager became something of an afterthought and circumstances played their part in that.

Sessegnon arrived at Spurs following his £30m signing in a way no footballer wants to - with a serious injury.

His hamstring problem, picked up with England at the European U21 Championships, prevented him from training with his new team-mates and truly getting involved with Mauricio Pochettino and his coaches' philosophy for months.

After one setback which held him back further, Sessegnon finally made his Tottenham Hotspur debut on November 3 at Everton, almost three months after joining the club.

There have been a couple of highs since, an assist in his Champions League debut and then a goal on his first start for the club at Bayern Munich.

The rest of the season has been mostly about development and settling into the club and a different level of Premier League life.

Sessegnon, who speaks fluent French, has mostly been filling in where required due to others' injuries, playing at both left-back and in a more advanced role.

Those behind the scenes at Tottenham have high hopes for him and the club had been trying to sign him repeatedly since he first burst on to the scene as a 16-year-old at Fulham.

Now 19, Sessegnon will benefit from having a manager who wanted to bring him to United during those days at Craven Cottage.

It was telling that when talking to football.london this season about the teenager's potential, Jose Mourinho made it very clear that he had been studying the youngster closely for years.

"I think Ryan is absolutely fantastic, I have known him since a kid in Fulham," he said.

"When he comes to the first team in the Premier League it is different to the Championship.

"I think in this moment he is a winger on the left, can also play on the right, can learn progressively and even developing physically, which he is doing.

"Even last time I saw him and the first time I met him when I came here he is already different physically.

"I think Ryan can play as a left-back. Probably the left-back in the last decade was Ashley Cole, in spite of him being from two enemy clubs, but he was fantastic.

"But Ryan has lots of similarities with Ashley, and he can learn how to defend. In the future I think he can be (a left-back) but in this moment he is not ready to play as a left-back."

Sessegnon is slight and needs to build that strength on the ball, but as Mourinho pointed out he is growing naturally as a teenager and with the work he's already done at the club in recent months he will be improving that core strength.

That he has spent a season developing after those months lost to injury has not dulled the excitement felt about Sessegnon among the coaching staff at Hotspur Way.

The teenager was named in the Championship Team of the Season in back to back years as a 16 and then 17-year-old and won the European U19 Championships with England, finishing at joint top scorer in the competition.

His first year in the Premier League with a struggling and ultimately relegated Fulham side brought six assists and two goals despite not being a regular during Claudio Ranieri's spell in charge as the Italian looked to older players.

During one game against Tottenham he tore a bewildered Jan Vertonghen to pieces as he raced by him time and time again.

Sessegnon's former Fulham team-mate Stefan Johansen said of the teenager: "He's a huge talent. He got the chance on a good team in the Championship and delivered insanely well.

"He is a big, big talent. The sky is the limit for him. He may become one of the world's best in his position.

"He is an incredibly down to earth person who works hard every day. His future seems very bright."

Another team-mate Neeskens Kebano added: "Sessegnon is going to be the future of English football – he is that good.

"Sometimes, you forget how young he is. We speak in French, and often when I ask him for his opinion about certain things, I suddenly realise he is too young to answer the question.

"But if you only had to judge him by what he does on the field, you would never think he is his age.

"Is he the best young player I've ever seen? Put it this way, I have worked with many, many young players, but he is the most talented for his age."

Sessegnon will get more opportunities at Tottenham next season and it will be interesting to see what Danny Rose's likely permanent departure and Steven Bergwijn's arrivals means for his immediate future.

Mourinho could well choose to expedite the teenager's development into a left-back. Having the experienced Ben Davies and the more attacking Sessegnon would give the Portuguese two very different options whether he wants to play with a back four or three, with the versatile Japhet Tanganga also able to play in the role.

Sessegnon will benefit greatly from a full pre-season at the club, not least with Mourinho and understanding his demands.

The young wide man was excited about joining up with Pochettino, who played a big part in convincing him to come to Spurs, but admits that Mourinho has hit all the right notes for him as well.

"As soon as Spurs appointed him, it was exciting. He's a big manager in the game, he's won things and as a young player you can only look to improve yourself under him," he said.

"He's always talking to me, giving me pointers and tips where I can improve. He's a manager who obviously wants to win things which is one of the reasons why I'm here."

For Sessegnon it is now about getting his confidence back. He's got not only the pace, technique and ability but also the tactical discipline that comes with having played at such a young age as a left-back.

Now he needs to believe in himself again after two tough seasons in the Premier League, which will have taught him plenty even without the rewards on the pitch.

The youngster admits that Mourinho told him he needs to come out of his shell and express himself.

"He sat me down, told me to be myself, told me to be a bit more vocal because I am quite a quiet player and person in general," admitted Sessegnon.

"I think he wants me to show a bit more personality, show a bit more of me, show that I want to play, show that I will fight for my place in the team and a lot of strong words really.

"It's definitely something I have to improve on. 100 per cent. I'm still young myself but I'm someone needs to be more vocal around the pitch, off the pitch and really want to stamp my ability on this game.

"I have to work hard to break through into this team and really show that I can do that. I think it's a fair point that he's made, to be honest."

Sessegnon is a hard-working, down to earth and mature teenager with the ability most youngsters can only dream of.

Frequently named in lists of Europe's most exciting teenagers before his move to Tottenham, he has now slipped under the radar and that could end up being to his benefit.

Away from the spotlight he will work closely with Mourinho, a manager who believes in him, and next season the Premier League could well see the Ryan Sessegnon everyone's been waiting for.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/jose-mourinho-secret-weapon-spurs-18107831

WhiteJC

Fulham hold talks with European club over potential multi-million pound deal for 28-y/o

Fulham have reportedly held talks with Turkish giants Galatasaray over a deal for midfielder Jean-Michael Seri according to Fotomac.

It is claimed that the Cottagers are looking for a fee in the region of €10m for Seri, who has spent much of this year's campaign with Galatasaray.

He has reportedly made a good impression in the second-half of this year's campaign, with Galatasaray sat third in the Super Lig.

The Ivorian has made 29 appearances in total for them this season, and you would imagine that his long-term future is away from Craven Cottage if they remain in the Championship this term.

Seri made 34 appearances for Fulham last season in the Premier League, but was unable to stop them from being relegated into. the second tier of English football.

The report from Fotomac also claims that Seri will be included in Fulham's plans if they're to win promotion this term, but is heading for the exit door if they don't achieve that under the guidance of Scott Parker.

Fulham are currently challenging for promotion into the Premier League this season, with Parker's side currently sat third in the Championship table.

The Cottagers are six points adrift of second-placed West Brom though, so it seems a tall order for Fulham to force their way into the automatic promotion places, and they could be forced to chance their luck in the play-offs.

The Verdict:

Fulham will be hoping they can move him on at the earliest of opportunities.

Seri is likely to be on hefty wages, and the club won't want that if they're in the Championship next season. However, it is interesting to hear that they're keen to have him involved again if they're in the Premier League.

He's shown that he's a player with real talent whilst on loan with Galatasaray this season, and Fulham have got every right to ask for a fee in the region of €10m.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-hold-talks-with-european-club-over-potential-multi-million-pound-deal-for-28-y-o/

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur Relived

We go all the way back to September 11th 2002 for the next match in our Relived series.

Glenn Hoddle's Tottenham Hotspur had 10 points from their first four outings, and arrived at Loftus Road knowing another victory would send them top of the league.

They looked on course for a routine victory after goals from the late Dean Richards and Teddy Sheringham had them 2-0 up at half-time, but Fulham slaughtered them after the break.

It was our 12th game of the season thanks to our Intertoto Cup exploits which had begun at the start of July, and our hero from the final – Junichi Inamoto – halved the deficit midway through the second half.

Substitute Steed Malbranque then restored parity late on from the penalty spot after boyhood Spurs fan Barry Hayles was fouled, before Sylvain Legwinski popped up in the fifth minute of stoppage time to complete a remarkable turnaround.

We will be showing the match in its entirety, as well as providing real time updates on Twitter, from 8pm next Wednesday (22nd April).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/april/17/tottenham-hotspur-relived

WhiteJC

Fulham FC Foundation Supports Our Local Community

Checking in on older supporters and offering online competitions and fitness challenges

Fulham FC Foundation has been working closely with the club to launch a number of initiatives supporting the community during the current crisis.

They include Stay Home Stay Fulham Fit, with a series of challenges to try at home, plus fun competitions and quizzes.

They also include Checking In, with staff phoning a range of supporters including the elderly to check up on their wellbeing.

The Foundation - the club's community charity says it is focusing on the following priorities:

• Encourage physical and mental wellbeing

• Ease the burden of social distancing/social isolation for the most vulnerable, namely those living with disabilities and the elderly

• Support families in providing ongoing learning opportunities for children at home

Checking In has meant that over the past two weeks, 650 phone calls have been made by staff to Season Ticket Holders aged over-70, and those registered with the Club as having accessibility needs.

Staff from the Club's Communications, Supporter Relations, Ticket Office, Academy, Player Care, Squad Management, Legal and Safeguarding departments have been making these calls. Staff have been able to provide information on resources available and will stay in regular contact with any supporter who wants to keep in touch.

Foundation Coaches and Administrative staff have been calling participants from the club's Walking Football, Fulham Fit and Fulham Memories programmes, and have also been working with South Fulham Primary Care Network to make befriending calls to elderly locals.

120 calls have been made by the Foundation staff and they continue to be in regular contact with 50 participants and elderly locals. The Foundation have also been working with their partners, Enable Culture and Leisure (Wandsworth) and Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham, to reach out to Fulham Memories participants in those areas. Several coaches have also volunteered for Alton Supported Housing Association and delivered food packages to those in need.

Fulham FC says these calls have focused on supporters registered as living in areas of Greater London within the catchment zone of the Club and Foundation, so we can signpost supporters to local resources if necessary.

The Club will be expanding its calls to Season Ticket Holders in these groups who live outside of Greater London in the coming days.

Fulham FC Foundation CEO Mike McSweeney said: "More than 20 members of staff between the Club and Foundation have been busy making important and impactful phone calls to those members of the Fulham family who are most in need. It's so important we stay connected and give each other encouragement at this time. I would encourage everyone to make that call to someone who might need it."

If you know any supporter who you feel would appreciate a call from the Club during this time please email [email protected].

The Stay Home, Stay Fulham Fit programme is offering a series of online fun fitness challenges  for people of all ages to try at home. They include a Sock Slalom, Toe Tap and Invisible Chair Challenges, Football and Plank Circuits and Chair Workouts for older folk.

Invisible chair challenge

Fans can also take part in the Fulham Memories Quiz and join in the virtual Fulham Flutter in lieu of the matchday draw. This will take place on days when home games would have taken place, under normal circumstances, with tickets priced £2 and proceeds going towards coronavirus relief efforts in the local community.

Find out more about all of these and join in the fun here.

http://www.fulhamsw6.com/default.asp?section=info&page=fulhamfc2004.htm

WhiteJC

'Oozed class' – Plenty of Sheffield Wednesday fans react to 27-y/o's latest reveal on his time with the club

Michael Hector is a player that will be fondly remembered by Sheffield Wednesday supporters for his services to the club in the 2018/19 campaign.

But the defender decided against moving permanently to the Owls, and instead signed for Fulham from Chelsea on a deal until the summer of 2022 at Craven Cottage.

Speaking in an interview with The Athletic, Hector revealed that he found it tough to link his family life into place whilst playing with Sheffield Wednesday last term.

"My son was born towards the end of my loan at Hull and, while I enjoyed playing in Sheffield the following year, after that loan I couldn't do it anymore.

"I realised that about halfway through last season. We found it hard getting my son into a routine, even when he was up with me in Sheffield, and just needed to be able to plan a bit more long-term. It didn't matter whether it was in London, wherever. I needed to put some proper roots down."

Plenty of Owls supporters took to the 'Sheffield Wednesday Fans Forum' and 'Sheffield Wednesday Fanzone Group' Facebook groups to issue their thoughts on whether they would have liked to have signed Hector on a permanent deal after his loan spell at Hillsborough.

Take a look at the best of the reaction below....

David Rhodes: "Definitely, oozed class and confidence."

Graham Hancock: "Best centre-half since Des Walker."

Tracy Bower: "Best defender we had for years and penny pinched and let him go. Big mistake."

Dennis Oldale: "Couldn't understand why we didn't would have been perfect for us."

Steve Miller: "100%"

Ashley Hoole: "Absolutely!"

Derek Prigmore: "Of course we would but we couldn't afford his transfer fee or his wages."

Tim Wild: "Him and Borner? Yeah go on then."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/oozed-class-plenty-of-sheffield-wednesday-fans-react-to-27-y-os-latest-reveal-on-his-time-with-the-club/

WhiteJC

Opinion: Sheff Wed should consider move for 30 y/o midfielder if doesn't join Fulham

There could be a midfield exodus at Sheffield Wednesday this summer with Kieran Lee, Joel Pelupessy and Sam Hutchinson out of contract in the coming months, so Garry Monk may need to scour the transfer market for a replacement.

Wednesday have resorted to signing loan players and free transfers in the last two years as they no longer have a lucrative budget for new recruits, so Harry Arter may be the ideal acquisition. The 30-year-old has spent the season on loan at Fulham and may be available this summer if his buying option isn't triggered.

Arter initially joined Bournemouth in 2010 and has gone on to make 254 appearances in all competitions, scoring 29 goals and making 20 assists. As per Transfermarkt, the Republic of Ireland international fell down the pecking order in 2017/18 and amassed only 962 minutes of Premier League football for the Cherries.

He was loaned out to Cardiff City (August 9, 2018 – May 31, 2019) and Fulham (August 6, 2019 – present) in consecutive seasons and looks on his way out of Dean Court this summer. With 94 Premier League appearances and 94 Championship appearances under his belt, Arter has a wealth of experience to bring to the Owls.

Wednesday have a good chance of loaning Arter next season, but he has a buying option with Fulham, so the opportunity may pass them by. Time will tell.

https://sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/opinion-sheff-wed-should-consider-move-for-30-y-o-midfielder-if-doesnt-join-fulham/