watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Duke of Cambridge

Started by FFCAli, April 23, 2020, 05:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCAli

My daily exercise today took me past Kneller Hall where I was delighted to find a pub with 6 flagpoles, only one of which was flying a flag  -  FFC We are Premier League 2018-19.  Does anyone know this clearly excellent establishment?

I Ronic

Quote from: FFCAli on April 23, 2020, 05:31:07 PM
My daily exercise today took me past Kneller Hall where I was delighted to find a pub with 6 flagpoles, only one of which was flying a flag  -  FFC We are Premier League 2018-19.  Does anyone know this clearly excellent establishment?

Used to live nearby. It's a tiny pub..

filham

Are you talking about Kneller Hall in Whitton. For a short time during WW2 we moved near there in Lincoln Avenue to escape the bombing in Fulham can't think where The Duke of Cambridge is but it is good to know there are Fulham fans there.

Woolly Mammoth

The only Duke of Cambridge I know are in Battersea SW11 and Nine Elms SW8.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

I Ronic

The Duke of Cambridge is almost opposite the front gates of Kneller Hall (rumoured to have been designed by Christoper Wren in 1709 for the Court painter Godfrey Kneller) Just abit further on is the White Hart. Which used to be a great pub until a mysterious fire gutted part of it. Never was the same when it reopened.

St Eve

Know it well, just 400 yards from where I grew up. My mother still lives in the same house. In fact she called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me they were flying a Fulham flag outside. Not a bad little pub, crazy on rugby days

FFCAli

Quote from: St Eve on April 25, 2020, 01:22:49 AM
Know it well, just 400 yards from where I grew up. My mother still lives in the same house. In fact she called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me they were flying a Fulham flag outside. Not a bad little pub, crazy on rugby days
I'm glad someone else noticed  -  and commented on  -  the Fulham flag.  It really cheered me up seeing it!