watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday evening music

Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Talking of the blues, Little Jimmy Rushing. 

bobbo

James Taylor featuring the great don grolnick on the piano . Sadly no longer with us but some great clips of him on YouTube

1975 just leaving home full of hope

WhiteJC

Doobie Brothers - listen to the music

Bruce Springsteen - radio nowhere

Aerosmith - dream on

bobbo

Donald Fagan

Betsy legg

WhiteJC

hi bobbo

Donald Fagen is one of my favourites, I've just bought his "live version" of the nightfly...

bobbo

It's great eh?  I got it somewhere on an old cassette tape . I guess it's available on Spotify maybe.

Oh mine won't be live I don't think .

And thanks yet again for the update john

WhiteJC

Quote from: bobbo on March 31, 2023, 02:29:22 PM
It's great eh?  I got it somewhere on an old cassette tape . I guess it's available on Spotify maybe.

the nightfly was originally released in 1982 (might have been 81?) and was constantly on my turntable ever since, it was the first CD that I bought and still my "go to" album

this live version was recorded in 2019 with the Steely Dan band, I wish I could have gone to one of the concerts

bobbo

In danger of peeing you off I saw them a Wembley it has to be 20-25 years ago went with best mate at the time and my wife both no longer with us . But the concert was soooo good oh my son came too he's like you fixed with steely Dan .

Dodgin

e4b

e4b

bobbo

E4 b       👍     Great performer and very strange with some numbers , I'm gonna post another Harry Nilsson one

e4b

bobbo

Harry Nilsson.       

e4b

thanks bobo seem to remember he did a song called the plank it was more of a story than a song. cant find it but may be to long to post here.

e4b

The coconut song probably wouldnt go down well on here. How times have changed!

e4b

Found it. It's called" the point". Full album.

SG

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 31, 2023, 02:33:21 PM

the nightfly was originally released in 1982 (might have been 81?) and was constantly on my turntable ever since, it was the first CD that I bought and still my "go to" album

this live version was recorded in 2019 with the Steely Dan band, I wish I could have gone to one of the concerts

I love this album. Hadn't seen the live album. Doesn't seem to be on Spotify. Might have to buy the vinyl

SG

Quote from: SG on March 31, 2023, 06:58:38 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on March 31, 2023, 02:33:21 PM

I love this album. Hadn't seen the live album. Doesn't seem to be on Spotify. Might have to buy the vinyl

Correction - it is on Spotify 👍

Jims Dentist

60's rock group  The  Grateful Dead are to make a comeback with a concert at:
GRAVESEND.