watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday evening music

Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Very good track john . Hadn't heard they but I knew he did a bit with Graham Goldman .
We seem to have similar music taste. 👍
1975 just leaving home full of hope

rebel

The Genius that is Bruce Springsteen.

kiwian

Quote from: rebel on May 08, 2020, 09:41:23 PM
The Genius that is Bruce Springsteen.

So true, for the ultimate version of this song go to Live in NY City, amazing.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

kiwian

Love h
Quote from: WhiteJC on May 08, 2020, 10:49:57 AM
Quote from: bobbo on May 08, 2020, 10:20:45 AM
Love this Andrew gold was a bit underrated I thought.

I agree he was more than a bit underrated, here he is with Graham Goldman (10cc)

Love his song Lonely Boy, very powerful
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Woodlawn

Just been listening in Si Cranstoun , wow what a voice

WhiteJC

I can't believe I've not seen this before!? 2009...

bobbo

A little known number by Chris Farlowe.

I used to go see him playing the clubs back in my teens. 1960 ish.

bobbo

WhiteJC

Don Henley - New York Minute

Little River Band - Lady

dgnffc

Twig

Quote from: bobbo on May 14, 2020, 06:53:44 PM

A little known number by Chris Farlowe.

I used to go see him playing the clubs back in my teens. 1960 ish.

So many great musicians and bands he played with or supported.In no particular order; John Hiseman and Colosseum, Carl Palmer, Zoot Money, Graham Bond, Dave Greenslade, The Hill etc. Just a superb vocalist.

bobbo

Twig,
      I'm not 100% sure if he's still doing a bit even now. I saw him at the polish club in Amersham about 4-5 years ago.

John the two tracks you put on both great listening, keep it up.

bobbo

This was part written by sonny bono ,for who I don't know but this girl was the first to record followed by many other. For me this remains the original and the best.

Back around 1962 I used to frequently watch cliff Bennett and the rebel rousers, they sang it regularly, but still love this most.

RaySmith

That's great bobbo.
Needles and Pins was one of the first records i ever  bought - on an EP by The Searchers, but Jackie de Shannon's is obviously the definitive version.

RE above - Always a big fan of Chris Farlowe, and of Coloseum with the great Jon Hiseman and Dick Heckstlall Smith (and the others you mention) - great to hear them together -

RIP Phil May of the Pretty Things. They were  heroes of mine in the early 60's - they seemed  far more rebellious than the Stones. Their first single Rosalyn was great, really  raw  sounding.

Early footgae of them doing Don't Bring Me Down-

They want on to have a long and influential career, if not great commercial success, but many fans amongst well known  musicians, and recorded one of the first story telling albums with S F Sorrow,a forerunner of the Who's Tommy.
They were still performing until  very recently, when Phil May was diagnosed with emphysema.

bobbo

Great listening ray. Saw it a couple of days back just had time to play it. Keep em coming.

I thrive on music I like. Been to a good few concerts over years, and no matter who I've been to watch come away with real feel good feeling. I've flown out to US about 7 times to see James Taylor.

Milo

Lucky enough to see the PTs in their final year live in Nottingham. Only about 100 in the audience but they blew them all away!

Milo

Okay just re read ... didn't know he had died? Wow.

H4usuallysitting

Marlena Shaw - California Soul

Barrett487

I'm sorry to disagree with the majority on here, but everyone's taste is different, thank God.

I saw Chris Farlowe live and couldn't believe how poor he was, especially in his highest charting desecration of the Jaggers & Richards song 'Out Of Time'.

See below

Milo

I thought of Farlowe as just a cover artist - buddying up with the Stones etc. Nothing more than that?