more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday evening music

Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Quote from: bobbo on May 18, 2020, 06:30:16 PM
Great listening ray. Saw it a couple of days back just had time to play it. Keep em coming.

I thrive on music I like. Been to a good few concerts over years, and no matter who I've been to watch come away with real feel good feeling. I've flown out to US about 7 times to see James Taylor.

Music is very important to me too bobbo. I'm impressed by  you going to the States  all those times to see James Taylor - I'm a big fan of West Coast singer/songwriters of that era too - Jackson Browne and Joni Mitchell being particular favourites, and here are two of the   best-

WhiteJC

Neil Finn was in Split Ends & Crowded House, here he is with his sons...

Neil, Liam & Elroy Finn - better be home soon

another band from the Antipodes...
Little River Band - Reminiscing

bobbo

Quote from: Milo on May 19, 2020, 06:01:15 PM
I thought of Farlowe as just a cover artist - buddying up with the Stones etc. Nothing more than that?

definately not milo.
When i used watch him way back he had his own band behind him " the thunderbirds " although I bow down to the fact he was nowhere near the dizzy heights of the stones.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bobbo

I've sent a pm to mr micawbers and ray smith in last 48 hours, tell me lads did you get the msgs.
Not sure I got the sending right.

RaySmith

I have sent you a pm bobbo - didn't get your first message.

Sorry, I haven't looked on this thread for a couple of  days, otherwise i would have got in touch with you before.

bobbo

I know it's not Friday night but because I'm a oldie now most of my contributions are from way back and this Conway twisty one is no exception

RaySmith

That sounds great bobbo - I'm an old'un myself, but don't really remember  Conway Twitty, never  realised how good he was.

This is one of the first records to really get my feet tapping, really made an impression when i first heard it blasting out of the radio-

Rock Island Line by the great Lonnie Donnegan -

kiwian

Where would music be without the great Lonnie D, Mark Knopfler pays tribute to Lonnie for his love of music and influence in the early years.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

RaySmith

Two top drummers featured n the Art of Drumming TV series-  special one baker and Billly cobham, but two of my favourite bands anyway.

Also, The Who, featuring  the great Keith Moon -

Milo

WhiteJC

here's couple from "playing for change"...

Playing for Change - the Weight

Playing for Change - All Alone the Watchtower

bobbo

loved the weight JC . people from the four corners all loving what they're doing.

not sure i can match that today but i'll try.

bobbo

just a couple of all american girls from the late fifties/early sixties . as a teenager i loved em.

blingo

Paul Hardcastle.........Nineteen

RaySmith

Brilliant versions of classic songs, JC, with a  great sentiment  behind them .
Here's Bob Dylan and Robbie Robertson and The Band doing All Along the Watchtower.

Loved that Skeeter Davis song, too, bobbo, when i was young. Here's another classic from that era, It's My Party. Lesley Gore

Barrett487

Big Country covering The Boss

bobbo

Keep it going all , some great clips and number being dug up. Xlnt entertainment .

WhiteJC

here's a couple more, one you might not of heard and one you'll sure to have?...

Sharif - Dangerous Destination

Rainbow - Since You've Been Gone

bobbo

Both good numbers JC ,

just to keep it going here's an original that was covered by the stones and the hollies

RaySmith

That song was a real favourite of mine bobbo, in fact i still know all the words - I bought it on  a Stones EP -

Stones live version -

the EP also had a cover this classic by the Coasters
-