WhiteJC

Playing for change - higher ground

Doobie Brothers - listen to the music

Don Henley (Eagles) - New York minute

tslyon

Quote from: whitejc on August 21, 2020, 12:55:03 PM
Playing for change - higher ground

Doobie Brothers - listen to the music

Very nice!  Got me ready for a pretty tough day.

Cheers,

Steve

Don Henley (Eagles) - New York minute

Cambridge Pete

First time I've looked at this thread. Some excellent music.  Remember places like the Greyhound, Half Moon, Middle Earth, Eel Pie Toby Jug etc from the 60's and 70's .  Unfortunately I'm not very techie but for something a bit different have a look at Greensky Bluegrass version of Floyds Time/Breathe. You will either love or hate.

Barrett487

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on August 21, 2020, 01:16:33 PM
First time I've looked at this thread. Some excellent music.  Remember places like the Greyhound, Half Moon, Middle Earth, Eel Pie Toby Jug etc from the 60's and 70's .  Unfortunately I'm not very techie but for something a bit different have a look at Greensky Bluegrass version of Floyds Time/Breathe. You will either love or hate.

Holders

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on August 21, 2020, 01:16:33 PM

I like it, especially the instrumental bit, rather like you'd hear at a decent pub session. Bit like the Pachebel i quoted under Hayes & Cahill above.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dodgin

Interesting version of the classic Jezebel massive hit for Frankie Laine in the Fifties by Anna Calvi.   

RaySmith

Love it! Thanks for posting.
That's Greensky Bluegrass and Anna Calvi - both great.

Justme

Could also try Psycho Chicken by The Fools

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

the Pointer Sisters 1975
Anita Pointer, Ruth Pointer, Bonnie Pointer, June Pointer – vocals

musicians
Tom Salisbury – acoustic piano
Stevie Wonder – electric piano
Herbie Hancock – Hohner clavinet
Jim Rothermel – Hohner clavinet
Chris Michie – guitar
Wah Wah Watson – guitar
Eugene Santini – bass
Paul Jackson – bass
Gaylord Birch – drums, percussion
Bill Summers – percussion

blingo

Rumours.....Fleetwood Mac.

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed

Dire Straits - Wild West End

RaySmith

Some favourite  cult artists.

Judee Sill -the first artist signed to Asylum,  she was dropped after two albums, and  died soon after. An ex-convent girl, she served time for robbing  shops to fund drug problems

Sandy Denny covering Jackson C. Frank's Milk and Honey.
Sandy was 'Britain's  answer to Joni Mitchell', but never really broke through commercially, and died i her early 30's. While ex-lover  Frank, was severely burned in a childhood fire in America, and travelled to England and was a part of the 60's folk scene, but had a breakdown and disappeared, and was accidentally discovered years later living on the  streets in America, and died  young, after only releasing one album, but his songs are widely covered and his talent   highly respected.

Gene Clarke, the ex-Byrd never had the success after the Byrds that many thought his talent warranted , and died young    -

alfie

Trying to attach live video of 4 non blondes "what's up" just can't do it. Lady with one powerful voice
Can anyone help
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rebel

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Barrett487

Delilah

BestOfBrede

Quote from: alfie on August 29, 2020, 09:13:37 AM
Trying to attach live video of 4 non blondes "what's up" just can't do it. Lady with one powerful voice
Can anyone help

Good choice.

Another...