watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday evening music

Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

I know it's not Friday yet and this doesn't was a quite follow the theme of unusual artists and tunes but I like it lots
1975 just leaving home full of hope

BestOfBrede

Quote from: RaySmith on November 26, 2020, 10:56:34 AM
Thanks Best of Brede.
It was  hard to find a vid of Nico live with the Velvet Underground, that was the only one!
There are a few, not bad quality, Youtube vids of her  at the Preston warehouse with a  young band, in the early 80s,  when i saw her in a Brixton old cinema, not the Academy. She  did a lot of Velvet Underground stuff, and was good, though not many there.

Great choices  by you, classics, love  Pale Blue Eyes.

Marianne Faithfull -great song, have thought of getting some of her  stuff, she's still making  records, despite  many health problems.
Hi Ray, never saw Nico myself, which is a real shame, but did see Lou in the 70s doing the Rock n Roll Animal album with Mick Ronson. Best days ever!
Marianne Faithfull had some good stuff for sure.
082.gif

BestOfBrede

Quote from: bobbo on November 26, 2020, 06:41:14 PM
https://youtu.be/GlRQjzltaMQ

I know it's not Friday yet and this doesn't was a quite follow the theme of unusual artists and tunes but I like it lots
Great song Bobbo- I love a good pianist and wish I'd not had short fingers!

WhiteJC

the Who - Baba O'Riley

Doobie Brothers - listen to the music (live in isolation)

Clapton & Collins - Bad love

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

blingo

jose feliciano.....purple haze

HairyWombat

Evening all.

I hope things get better for you all folk before much too long. It seems it is all getting a little out of hand again. There is always music and a tipple or two to get by with I suppose. 3 parts music to one part tipple though!

Just love Ruby's inflexion in this:

Something from a while ago:

And Angelina's verdict on Fulham in the top flight:

RaySmith

Great to see Clint Dempsey again - what a player he was for us. An inspirational character - should put that vid on the FFC website!

Great selection of music on here, as usual.

RaySmith

Mary Lou Lord -  she was a busker on the subway, and only made a couple of records, but this is brilliant , a favourite   album Live City Sounds-

Fleetwood mac, RIP Peter Green and Danny Kirwan-

Classic Small faces, Steve Marriott, what a voice, PP Arnold too

WhiteJC

Evanescence - bring me to life (live)

Barrett487

Some Dr Feelgood

bobbo

Thanks to best of breed . And big thanks to you john for fupdating my music posts. I'm about to listen to as much as possible before the brentford-qpr kick off.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

BestOfBrede

Lighthouse

Hey still Friday? Then this cut down version of House on the Hill by The Pretty Reckless will send you to bed depressed.

https://youtu.be/PfkZoqFOSbE
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HairyWombat

Quote from: RaySmith on November 27, 2020, 02:50:00 PM
Mary Lou Lord -  she was a busker on the subway, and only made a couple of records, but this is brilliant , a favourite   album Live City Sounds-

Fleetwood mac, RIP Peter Green and Danny Kirwan-

Classic Small faces, Steve Marriott, what a voice, PP Arnold too

Great pick Ray.
Steve and Miss Arnold just doing their thing. Love Steve going mental while P.P. is standing around Zen like as though she is just waiting for a bus.
Hard to beat and has always been one of the best, raw music videos.

And while I'm here, Lee Majors belting out a tune for us.

Barrett487

WhiteJC

Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again

Judee Sill - Jesus Was A Cross Maker

Brian Protheroe - Pinball

RaySmith

Thanks HW, glad you liked the  vids, your comments about  Stevie Marriot emoting while PP Arnold was just Bhudda like, doing her  job, made me laugh.
I was a big fan of Blood, Sweat and Tears, and  jazz/rock  bands of the era generally, like BTS and Chicago, the Mahavishnu Orchestra and  Jon Hiseman's Colosseum.
Lee Majors on vocals here, and doing a great job too - wasn't the  6 Million Dollar man?

RaySmith

Great choices JC - three underrated, yet great, artists.

As was Jackie Leven, here with a tribute to Judee Sill. I actually met him at one of his concerts - a really nice, down to earth bloke, now sadly departed.

Just bought for the Roses MP3   by Joni Mitchell for a fiver at Amazon. Her earlier albums, including the classic  Blue available for £3.45on mp3 . An Archive of her early  work has just been released.

An Archive of unreleased Neil Young material also just released - hard to keep up with all his releases though-

Barrett487