Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

BestOfBrede

WhiteJC

Roxy Music - pyjamarama

Kirsty MacColl - there's a guy works down the chip shop

Lindisfarne - lady Eleanor

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Dodgin

For the older fans. One of the great song stylists of the 40s and 50s Billy Daniels and pianist Benny Payne.

Holders

What a great p-take: Kirsty McColl singing "There's a guy works down the chip shop" American country style!

Such a sad loss, along with Sandy Denny, taken far too young
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Now, what different can I suggest today for your delectation?

Someone mentioned Kathleen Battle recently either above or in another thread. This is particularly fine:

I normally prefer a female voice but this is such a lovely song:

RaySmith

Inspired by the great choices above  --

Sandy Denny

Buffy Sainte Marie

Shane McGowan/Pogues -there's a great doc on Shane  now on BBC iplayer, Crock of Gold.
This song famously features in episode of The Wire, about a police funeral which you can see on YouTube .

somerset cockernee

Holders

Wonderful choices, Ray.

So sad to hear Sandy singing that beautiful song. Fairport were pre-Ric Sanders, obviously. I remember turning up at a funeral and Ric was there - what a session was had in the pub afterwards! We sat in the garden in the sunshine when a huge dark purple cloud came over and sat behind an old oak tree silhouetted against it and a few crashes of thunder. It was spooky. If there's such a thing as an afterlife, old Don was there -he wouldn't miss a good session.

sunburywhite

Best series I have watched in years, The Art of Drumming

Amazing 4 part series, it really showed what drummers do. Steve Clarke, Chad Smith, special one Baker, the list is endless

Here is a teaser trailer

See if you can download it from Sky
https://www.sky.com/watch/title/series/1d346ff1-f63e-403b-ac12-eb7e9ea1d27a/the-art-of-drumming
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Holders

Big, big thanks to WhiteJC for putting up the pics to all the links. It's sorcery!

sunburywhite

Quote from: Holders on March 19, 2021, 04:54:25 PM
Big, big thanks to WhiteJC for putting up the pics to all the links. It's sorcery!

Indeed, big gracias to White JC
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FFC1987

I know people might go 'oh marvel superhero related, bore off' but I'd really recommend the Guardians of the galaxy 1 & 2 soundtrack. Has a fantastic range of what I'd call older stuff that I'd never imagined I'd of listened to without it. As a result, I've been listening to a lot of Electric Light Orchestra.

bobbo

Little ole number by america.

1975 just leaving home full of hope

bobbo

Paul carrack - new number just released last week

1975 just leaving home full of hope

BestOfBrede

WhiteJC

Marshall Tucker Band - can't you see

Jefferson Starship - Jane

Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4

bobbo