Friday evening music

Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

the Killers & Bruce Springsteen - dustland

Elvis Costello - Watching The Detectives

Return to Forever - school days

bobbo

went into a bar in san diego way back around 1979/1980 call groce's i cant remember if he owned it or it was just called after him. anyway this weeks offering " jim Groce "

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Dodgin

A little known musical Happy Time and a little known song. Bryn Terfel sings I Don't Remember You.

bobbo

Same song two different artists both good IMO

bobbo

RaySmith

Yes, Rod did some great interpretations of Dylan songs , Bobbo. Here's Tomorrow is a long time-

Just dscovered this woman, think she's great, Maddison Cunningham, even bought her  MP3 ep for £2 on Amazon-

Just reading Sex Pistol lead guitarist, Steve jones bio, Lonely Boy. Well, I'd seen a TV film about it ages ago, and though it seemed  interesting, , then when i saw for it recently as a   99p Daily Deal on Amazon Kindle i bought it. A good read, honest, and shocking at times.
Hard to believe how controversial the Sex Pistols were in their day -

If you're interested, you can actually see the notorious interview with Bill Grundy, which went out live on  early evening TV, and ended Grundy's career, but helped the Pistols take off.
I saw it live myself, sitting with my  family, and thought it pretty funny. But at work the next day, the mostly  young blokes, into rock, like Tony in his early twenties,  with blonde hair past his shoulders, like his heroes the Allman brothers, though it was disgusting behaviour, and that was the general consensus in the media, with lurid headlines, that only went to promote the bands  career.

WARNING - contains  swearing and swastika imagery

bobbo

Try this tonight :- Huey Lewis and the news.

Honestly I chose it for the song not the video

Dodgin

Don't matter how old you are, when you've got it.

Lighthouse

Sad to see Phil Collins unable to stand for long. But the recent concert from a few days ago proves that Genesis remain iconic.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

Barrett487

RIP  Pee Wee Ellis

Barrett487

RIP Alan Lancaster

RaySmith

Saw the Quo at Cardiff Castle in the 70;s, they were great. Curved Air were also on the bill  must have been a long time ago!

RIP Alan

RIP Pee Wee Ellis

Holders

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 24, 2021, 07:57:30 PM
Sad to see Phil Collins unable to stand for long. But the recent concert from a few days ago proves that Genesis remain iconic.

Yes, it's really sad.

As a kid, Genesis were my favourite band and I first met Phil at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in the early 70s. Later he moved to near Godalming and I used to see him about the town and in Waitrose.

I think he was a better drummer than he was vocalist and I lost interest/grew out of Genesis when Peter Gabriel went solo.

Phil seemed a decent bloke though and there are nice local stories about him. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Ah, Ray, Curved Air - now you're talking!

bobbo

Two days early but this popped upon you tube and it sounded soo good I though what the heck it's Wednesday .
So here are two " sisters sisters there were never such devoted sisters and god help the mister that comes between me an my sister " who sang that ?

Lighthouse

As featuredin the Netflix film 'Kate'
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dgnffc

Something a bit different from Peter Green

Holders

Got followed on twitter today by Roger Waters of Pink Floyd!

Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun (as I say to my satnav):

WhiteJC

Sting - rushing water

Alanis Morissette - you oughta know

Playing for Change - come as you are