bobbo

And yet another

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Barrett487

Audioslave

Barrett487

Shinedown

RaySmith

Reading about Leonard Cohen and what a decent bloke he was. A photographer told of how, on the day of a concert at Hammersmith odeon, Len took him along to a reunion he  had  with his old landlady, when he was penniless, and  spent the afternoon chatting away to her, then helped with the washing up.
When  he got back to his hotel, he was runnning late, but despite the  urgings of t everyone around him,  when a young fan met him in the hotel  foyer with an armful of records to be signed, he sat down on the floor and  signed them all. He was half an hour late for the concert.
LC also used to take his band and give impromptu free concerts at psychiatric hospitals.

I heard this Cohen song the other day, just covered by the Specials for an album of Protest songs.

Amy Winehouse -

A lot of stuff coming out about the Beatles  break up and final album. I think this was their last live performance --

Dodgin

June Christy, Midnight Sun.

blingo

Pine top Smith, Boogie Woogie.

WhiteJC

bobbo

A rare piece by James Taylor and Joni Mitchell released only 2 hours ago from a Paris concert in 1970 . Live of course.

Holders

Well, it's not Friday but I've just heard the shocking news that Paddy Moloney has died. RIP piper extraordinaire.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WhiteJC

Meal Ticket - this could be the town

RaySmith

Irish Heartbeat, Van Morrison and The Chieftains is a favourite  record, and really turned me on to the genius of  Paddy Maloney and The Chieftains .

RIP Paddy

Dodgin

Chet Baker at his best with Stan Getz. Live.

WhiteJC

the Beatles - Here comes the sun

Holders

It may come as a surprise to some that I like Rapper music. This is one of my favourites - just watch those girls go!

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dodgin

Rap, Holders I'm with you on after that.

bobbo

From way back zoot the loot

RaySmith

Nice one Bobbo.
The Stones recorded Walking the Dog on their first lp.

Here's Zoot Money, and Andy Summers, later of The Police, from Zoot's band in the photo, with the great late, great Kevin Coyne, who I've met - he was sitting at the bar chatting, and drinking,  in the Rock Garden, Covent Garden, before going on stage - -

Barrett487

I've just got back from my annual trip to the Beer Blues Festival.

This is a clip of one of the bands that played, the Adam Sweet Band. They played an impressive set, including my favourite Rory Gallagher track (Secret Agent). I recommend them strongly, should they come your way.