watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday evening music

Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Great shouts above - thanks lads, and thanks JC, for uploading all these, and  the Eric Bogle vid on the July 1916 thread, here's another great Eric Bogle song -

It was the Pogues version, which I saw them perform live,  which really got me into this song, and led me to discover the work of  the great Eric Bogle-

bobbo

Diana krall

1975 just leaving home full of hope

WhiteJC

Bad Company - bad company

Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green) - oh well

Linkin Park - in the end

Dodgin

Nice one Bobbo, Here's Sara Dowling voted UKs top Jazz singer but not that well known.

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

Absolutely fabulous dodge . Nite music but I enjoyed it just as much Saturday morning 👍

bobbo

I can't remember and can't find who put up jo harrup a little while back . I think it may have been dodgin . Well she on live at the bull in barnes 21july doing a tribute to nin Simone at £14 a ticket online it's so worth it , I'm going .

WhiteJC

Mark Knopfler - sailing to Philadelphia

Boney James - bring it back

Gerry Rafferty - get it right next time

Lighthouse

Dodgin

Quote from: bobbo on July 09, 2022, 07:58:25 PM
I can't remember and can't find who put up jo harrup a little while back . I think it may have been dodgin . Well she on live at the bull in barnes 21july doing a tribute to nin Simone at £14 a ticket online it's so worth it , I'm going .

Bobbo should be a great gig, Jo Harrop has charted in the USA as well plus appearing locally in Warlingham in a few weeks.

Dodgin

Who would think an old Cliff number, turns out to be so topical today.

RaySmith

Just seen the new Elvis film - thought it was really good. This live vid was at the end of the film-

RIP Barbara Thompson

Guy Clarke

Holders

Ray Smith mentions Eric Bogle above and his song The Band Played Waltzing Matilda.

Well, here's two offerings. The first one another Eric Bogle song on a similar theme, The Green Fields of France, which I find even more poignant than Matilda. This version is by Davey Arthur and The Fureys which I had the pleasure of hearing live:

And here's the original song from which Waltzing Matilda was derived:

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jem

Quote from: Dodgin on July 15, 2022, 05:17:56 PM
Who would think an old Cliff number, turns out to be so topical today.

Never was a fan of Cliff but this always had a Steely Dan feel to it.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Holders

It's truly awful and the video so corny but it's certainly apt at the present time. Pity it was by Cliff and not Dilyn.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bobbo

Harry Nilsson—- a very early on

Ray Charles

Eadie gorme

Dodgin

Frankie Lymon, star at 14, didn't end wellthough.

Lighthouse

bobbo

great post dodge . the video is superb , oh how i would have loved to have gone to the states in the fifties . i got a smattering of it growing up in ruislip near the american base . girls in bobby socks etc . my first visit was 1970 but ive been more times than i can recall now.

YoungsBitter

Great band. This is a song about break up between her, Adrianne and the male guitarist Buck Meek. She gets overwhelmed and forgets the words...they stick with her and vamp and help her and then she gets back into it...the guitar solo f4cking rips. Love them, Happy Friday!

Quark, strangeness and charm